are you going to wembley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

are you going to wembley

• yes

Votes: 124 75.2%
  • no

Votes: 41 24.8%

• Total voters
Couldn't get time off but rushing home shortly and have told the other half to fuck off to her sisters. Booked the other home game dates off and will definitely go to one of them

Who's in the Torch then?

Tumbleweed-862x574.jpg

That whole fixture felt like hard work. A side not adapted to playing on such a large pitch, a mixed bag in terms of atmosphere and an absolute pain in the arse to get away from the ground.

That whole fixture felt like hard work. A side not adapted to playing on such a large pitch, a mixed bag in terms of atmosphere and an absolute pain in the arse to get away from the ground.
I know what you mean. It was a great occasion to be part of but doing this on a regular basis is going to be hard work. Leaving the stands, then the stadium, then all the queuing... and then the damn journey.

I rented someone's drive to park on, no probs getting away, it was an absolute cunt getting there though, we missed first 10minutes.

Back round the 406 in the morning what a pain in the arse!

Just got back. Despite the result, I'm so proud to say that I WAS THERE on the night that Spurs finally showed the world what we are. And ignore the cunts who say the atmosphere was lacking or it didn't feel like home. If we'd won the game we would all be saying how fantastic everything was. For me, queuing an hour to get back up wembley way to the tube was part of the occasion. Bring on the next wembley game. It already feels like home to me.

Poch is bang on that the stadium is a 'nice excuse' - I note that the people talking about it being an issue are the usual bottle job ex England players.

It's where our cup finals are played FFS, only we get to play there with 95% of the crowd supporting our team......would any of these players seriously say that Spurs are disadvantaged because the ground isn't WHL if we were there in an FA cup final?......no. it's a load of bollocks and an easy excuse for weak willed players.

Agree, it was all a bit of a ballache. Not helped by the poor match. Unless you live on that corridor you're not going to look forward to that journey every other week next season.

However, if that comes as the cost of having 70k+ at our home games next season and an absolutely banging stadium if we are doing well, I'm all for it.

Poch is bang on that the stadium is a 'nice excuse' - I note that the people talking about it being an issue are the usual bottle job ex England players.

It's where our cup finals are played FFS, only we get to play there with 95% of the crowd supporting our team......would any of these players seriously say that Spurs are disadvantaged because the ground isn't WHL if we were there in an FA cup final?......no. it's a load of bollocks and an easy excuse for weak willed players.

Exactly, we made two mistakes, they were clinical and we missed a hatful of chances. You'd lose at WHL doing that and we have done many times.

Last season doninating games but failing to take chances cost us well arguably the title, we controlled probably 80% of games last season but didn't win 80%.

Agree, it was all a bit of a ballache. Not helped by the poor match. Unless you live on that corridor you're not going to look forward to that journey every other week next season.

However, if that comes as the cost of having 70k+ at our home games next season and an absolutely banging stadium if we are doing well, I'm all for it.

People should remember that we will be down to 50K next season at Wembley which will make it much easier than last night. At nearly 90K it is even too much for Wembley really.

In terms of trains I used the Jubilee line which was very quick, I am lucky that I live near Canary Wharf myself so it's on one line for me.

Back
Top Bottom