are you going to wembley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

are you going to wembley

• yes

Votes: 124 75.2%
  • no

Votes: 41 24.8%

• Total voters
Just wanted to post a a few words about Wembley. Of course i miss Tottenham and can't wait to get back but in years to come I'll think we will grateful for the Wembley experience.

I went tonight to the Newport game and all my regular season ticket holders who sit around me gave it a miss. A freezing cold Wednesday night sandwiched between man u, Woolwich with juventus on the horizon who could blame them. The ground was half full... but and its a big but the ground was full of young kids and families who couldn't normally attend the old white Hart Lane.

I am of the generation that could turn up as a kid and watch the spurs. I have been acutely aware that the old white Hart Lane was growing old with me. Much like I was the last generation who could buy a house in London. I was aware that our generation was pulling up the access to spurs behind them.

Now though Wembley has thrown open the ability to see spurs. On the big occasions when it's full it positively pulsating. So many more spus fans are getting to see their heroes in the flesh and i think this will invigorate our support in years to come.

The new white hart Lane can't come to soon but we should be very grateful for our wembley sojourn
I like the sentiment. But my worry is that these people come for games when there is no atmosphere and it puts them off for life, rather than converting them to the cause.

Going to the Cardiff game Saturday, but only for two reasons. Got £52 back from my ST, and the ticket cost £32, and it is a Saturday 3pm kick off which is a rarity not to be missed.

Going to the Cardiff game Saturday, but only for two reasons. Got £52 back from my ST, and the ticket cost £32, and it is a Saturday 3pm kick off which is a rarity not to be missed.

I will be down from Scotland on Saturday with my boy, gutted when it got moved but hey ho

Getting sick of away fans queuing toget in Wembley for CL (Inter tonight, they stand out a mile)

Would help if our own fans turned up to back the side. STHs and members alone would easily fill Wembley. But then we have a lot of precious plastics like every other club. I know that it’s frustrating not to be back at WHL but this team deserves a better backing. Fuck Inter anyway. If I see any near me they’ll get a very English ‘thoroughly disapproving’ glare. That’ll learn ‘em.

Would help if our own fans turned up to back the side. STHs and members alone would easily fill Wembley. But then we have a lot of precious plastics like every other club. I know that it’s frustrating not to be back at WHL but this team deserves a better backing. Fuck Inter anyway. If I see any near me they’ll get a very English ‘thoroughly disapproving’ glare. That’ll learn ‘em.
Supposedly “spurs fans” selling their tickets to them?

Stewards were throwing out the shark bait at PSV (families with young kids - bit harsh) whilst ignoring the groups of aggressive male fans. Be interesting to see what they do tonight. Seems like there will be a lot of Inter in our areas. Hopefully no cause for them to make any noise.

A few got told to shut up and fuck off around us jn the gods
Loads around me in my usual place. To be fair they behaved, although luckily there wasn't the chance to see what would have happened had they scored. So many of last year's ST holders around me have deserted Wembley! Last season they weren't any Madrid or Juve or any other team's fans around me because all the seats were bought up by yids.

Back
Top Bottom