are you going to wembley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

are you going to wembley

• yes

Votes: 124 75.2%
  • no

Votes: 41 24.8%

• Total voters
I had a great fucking evening. Tottenham here tottenham there.... Pub/Club on Empire way packed with YIds at 11pm
Got back about 11.35. Took 35 mins from Empire Way once I got picked up.
We should have taken out chances, like they did. Kane missed a sitter and should have scored 2 at my end. There were two great chances at the start down the other end.
Dele had an amazing goal bound shot saved wonderfully.
What was with the yellow card in the area and no foul? We we all sure he pointed to the spot.
We played well part form a couple of lapses in defence. Then usually 2 lapses in defending don't end up with 2 goals.
We outplayed them, but needed to be more clinical, like they did . Simple. Luck also plays a part I suppose.
We missed Rose. Eriksen was poor. Walker cunted him after the 2nd. Moose locked it up 2nd half and Dele had a great game. Kane missed some glorious opportunities. Are his missus's hormones kicking in?
Fuck all the bollocks about iconic stadium inspiring other teams. What about when teams go the the Nou camp or Bernabeau does it inspire them?
Bigger pitch, well what about Man City. Woolwich Man U southampton away?
The atmosphere was fucking great, it was an amazing evening.
We should of and could have won the game. Maybe deserved a draw.
We never got outplayed and the fans were fucking great. No one was fighting each other and kids were standing on their seats. We stood all game. It didn't empty out 20 mins from the end either.

It's football. I still got home buzzing.
Edit: Oh and I forgot to say, bumped into the king on the way out main entrance.
Shame we didn't win. I could have come home and fucked the missus!

Last edited:
What was with the yellow card in the area and no foul? We we all sure he pointed to the spot.
The ball was not in play. Same thing as the Vertonghen thing against Liverpool, the ball has to be in play. I think the reason why the Monaco players reacted and surrounded the dick with the wond was they feared that their player would be sent off. (Most of us who play the game don't really know the rules, learn as we go LOL).

The ball was not in play. Same thing as the Vertonghen thing against Liverpool, the ball has to be in play. I think the reason why the Monaco players reacted and surrounded the dick with the wond was they feared that their player would be sent off. (Most of us who play the game don't really know the rules, learn as we go LOL).
I think a good rule change would be to say the ball is live once the ref has blown his whistle for a Free kick or corner to commence. Before that it's a semi free hit.

This was the view from Club Wembley, front row. It still felt a long way away, despite being prime seats. The back of Club Wembley is even worse. God knows what it is like in the upper tiers.

Thank the Lord WHL2 is going to be much better than this!

BfMuQwf.jpg

This was the view from Club Wembley, front row. It still felt a long way away, despite being prime seats. The back of Club Wembley is even worse. God knows what it is like in the upper tiers.

BfMuQwf.jpg
paddy spur paddy spur and views like these are why I'm saying Wembley is a bad venue to watch football in.

It's much better along the the sides. The only decent area behind the goals is at the back of the lower tier.

didn't get home until midnight, but as I took today off, could have a lie-in, not sure I'm going to be able to do that everytime. Not a bad view from corner of Club Wembley but not used to being so far away from the action and struggled to work out who was who when the play was up the other end. Although result was disappointing, it was good to be part of a historic night and hopefully the next couple of games will be more fruitful.

didn't get home until midnight, but as I took today off, could have a lie-in, not sure I'm going to be able to do that everytime. Not a bad view from corner of Club Wembley but not used to being so far away from the action and struggled to work out who was who when the play was up the other end. Although result was disappointing, it was good to be part of a historic night and hopefully the next couple of games will be more fruitful.

Likewise. I got home at 12.30am so also had to book Thursday off (must be an age thing). I can't get the day off post-Moscow so I will probably have to leave the game well before the end. I will still be there though.

Quite pleased with the view from my 'seat' at the back of 140 (lower tier), luckily we were right on the border of the standers and the sitters.
We stood obviously.

I thought that could be the only reason. I could have swore we took it. Then again I was too busy watching the movement of Dele. After the little square up and talking to just before I said to the geezer next to me that we may get a penalty here.

The view from 130 was ok. Was near the back. Everyone stood all game. Singing was constant too. The only thing I had trouble with was reading the other scores form th scoreboard at the other end.
Saw the chances down there ok, and the goal. Knew it was Toby who scored from the corner. Saw everything.

Travel for me was easy, I live out on the met line so it was way quicker than a normal home game.

The atmosphere was good for Wembley but it goes down to the fact it feels too expansive and let's be honest, it's not the Lane, which under the floodlights is magnificent. When we did make a noise it was impressive but it was hard to sustain. If we have a season here next year I think with the top tier closed it could be hard to get a real atmosphere going, the ground doesn't really work in the way that by increasing capacity they've lost that enclosed feeling you get from traditional stadiums.

I was row 15 in the bottom section (130) and it still felt a bit too far from the action, maybe the side on views were better. On the plus side there were over 80,000 Spurs fans in for a home match which any club in this country could not deny was genuinely special.

The game was a disappointment though, mixture of bad defending and Monaco being very professional at game management, it's a league though and we have time to recover over the next few weeks. Down but very much not out!

Saw this myself, people blaming davies is bull shit. Erikson effort to stop the cross was pathetic, no wonder Kyle gave him a gob full! I hold Erikson fully responsible for second goal.
Yeah, don't really go in for Eriksen bashing, but he was soft all night. Dier dug him out too later.

Likewise. I got home at 12.30am so also had to book Thursday off (must be an age thing). I can't get the day off post-Moscow so I will probably have to leave the game well before the end. I will still be there though.

Quite pleased with the view from my 'seat' at the back of 140 (lower tier), luckily we were right on the border of the standers and the sitters.
We stood obviously.

Got home at 2.45, was at work at 8. Man up.

:allitongue:

So, would anyone prefer MK Dons instead of Wembley next season?

Wembley has never been close to the pitch. Yet it was much worse when it had a track around it.
No where is going to feel like home, it's not.
I think some are going to be disappointed with the views from the higher parts of the new stadium. Especially as the pitch will be bigger. The WHL we know will be tiny in comparison. It's also going to be much more 'expansive' inside.

Man City put 6,000 extra seats on the south stand. I would think that there are somewhere in the region of 15k in that 'end' our South Stand will be similar to that in height.
limwy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom