Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It could be Ange thinking his made a mistake , cannot cope with the level of the PL and thought did it I’ll just do whatever I want
Or he may just be realising that his desire to win is not an ethos shared by the hierarchy of the football club.
A realisation that has hit every one of his predecessors at some point during their tenure.

I honestly think some people are just on the wind up, that’s how unbelievably dumb and nonsensical some of the arguments being made are.

It’s why they’re resorting to mocking fake claims like ‘he’s from Japan so must be shit’ rather than actually countering the obviously true actual points that have been made.

Anyone that thinks the A League has just as many good coaches in it as the Premier League and that any of the A League coaches could step up seeamlessly to the Premier League should seek help.
Can only speak for myself and I’m not on a windup.

You are wrong. There very well might be more good coaches in the J League than the prem.

I doubt any of us are expert enough on the J League to make that claim. You just seem to be ignorant and stubborn enough to stick to it.

Imagine if you are the first Australian to manage in the premier league.

You served your time as a coach in the A league then as National coach at the World Cup, coached abroad in the J league won the league there and go to Scotland and then win the treble there.
Competed in the CL with Celtic against European greats.

You’ve literally done it all.

Then you get given the chance to manage one of the Big 6 in England. Follow Poch, Conte, Mourinho. Big hitters in European football.
No mean feat.

And then the fans of that club are saying.

“Yeah whatever. Any bloke from Australia could do what you’re doing. Do your job mate, you’re not that fucking special”.

You lot are fucking hilarious.

Imagine if you are the first Australian to manage in the premier league.

You served your time as a coach in the A league then as National coach at the World Cup, coached abroad in the J league won the league there and go to Scotland and then win the treble there.
Competed in the CL with Celtic against European greats.

You’ve literally done it all.

Then you get given the chance to manage one of the Big 6 in England. Follow Poch, Conte, Mourinho. Big hitters in European football.
No mean feat.

And then the fans of that club are saying.

“Yeah whatever. Any bloke from Australia could do what you’re doing. Do your job mate, you’re not that fucking special”.

You lot are fucking hilarious.
Ange is doing very well in his first season. He’s got here because he’s been successful and that’s the bottom line. Some think that if you don’t start as premier league manager then you are shit. There has to be a start point at a lower level and Ange has earned the right to manage our club right now.

Ange is doing very well in his first season. He’s got here because he’s been successful and that’s the bottom line. Some think that if you don’t start as premier league manager then you are shit. There has to be a start point at a lower level and Ange has earned the right to manage our club right now.

His Cv speaks for itself.

Just needs time - the resource PL managers often fail to get.

His Cv speaks for itself.

Just needs time - the resource PL managers often fail to get.
The thing I like about him is he’s pretty much told us how the season would go. He’s confident in what he’s doing and obviously trusts his style and how he wants his teams to go about their business. His teams get better in the second season and that’s something we have to look forward to. If we back him and give him what he wants then I honestly believe he will bring success. And by backing him not just spending ridiculous amounts of money but getting him exactly the type of player he wants whether it does cost a fortune or it’s someone he thinks will make us better even though everyone else might think they are shit.

The thing I like about him is he’s pretty much told us how the season would go. He’s confident in what he’s doing and obviously trusts his style and how he wants his teams to go about their business. His teams get better in the second season and that’s something we have to look forward to. If we back him and give him what he wants then I honestly believe he will bring success. And by backing him not just spending ridiculous amounts of money but getting him exactly the type of player he wants whether it does cost a fortune or it’s someone he thinks will make us better even though everyone else might think they are shit.
Buying a few cheap Japanese youngsters won’t move the dial in the PL. might secure us 6th place again and allow us to reduce wages which will obviously align well with our primary strategic objective
:levywtf:

I’m not convinced next season will be much more than another building block tbh.

I know a lot of people seem to think we are not that far off the top. But we need to add in Europe next season. So I don’t see next season being much more than consistent growth. And expect we will pick up some key injuries along the way.

So games played is not all equal and we have played less than others - but points won since match day 10.
*played 32
** played 31

*Spurs 34

Wolves 31
Newcastle 33*
West Ham 34
Chelsea 35**
United 35 *

Villa 44

City 49*
Woolwich 50
Liverpool 51

We have some serious catching up to do IMHO. If we can challenge for the title next year then fair play to Ange. Personally I can’t see it.

I’m not convinced next season will be much more than another building block tbh.

I know a lot of people seem to think we are not that far off the top. But we need to add in Europe next season. So I don’t see next season being much more than consistent growth. And expect we will pick up some key injuries along the way.

So games played is not all equal and we have played less than others - but points won since match day 10.
*played 32
** played 31

*Spurs 34

Wolves 31
Newcastle 33*
West Ham 34
Chelsea 35**
United 35 *

Villa 44

City 49*
Woolwich 50
Liverpool 51

We have some serious catching up to do IMHO. If we can challenge for the title next year then fair play to Ange. Personally I can’t see it.
A lot of people are gonna be fucking shocked next season. The expectation that we're going to go out and back Ange and be in a title race is...

ludacris GIF

Heck, if we get a couple more tonkings, Levy may even go the other way and not back him at all given the potential for it to unravel next season.

A lot of people are gonna be fucking shocked next season. The expectation that we're going to go out and back Ange and be in a title race is...

ludacris GIF

Heck, if we get a couple more tonkings, Levy may even go the other way and not back him at all given the potential for it to unravel next season.

You can never tell with this club. The only thing that is for certain is that when it is going well, we will do everything in our power to find something to fuck that up. It is the only constant.

That's very debatable. A good first 10 game's, I'd agree. But after that???
No cup runs and 5th in the league with no European football to stretch the squad?
You have a very low bar I think, mate.

Back
Top Bottom