Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can never tell with this club. The only thing that is for certain is that when it is going well, we will do everything in our power to find something to fuck that up. It is the only constant.
To dare is to have ones rug pulled out from under ones self (I don't use one as a pronoun usually)
After 10 games, serious injuries and suspensions.
Injuries haven't been much of an issue since February, so that excuse is redundant.
Too many excuses. "yeah but injuries" etc etc. No Europe, hardly any cup games. 2nd lowest number of games we've ever played in a PL season. Sure, we had a patch of injuries for a couple of months, but that's been over for months.
So what is the excuse now? Ref conspiracy? Wind blowing in the wrong direction?

Injuries haven't been much of an issue since February, so that excuse is redundant.
Too many excuses. "yeah but injuries" etc etc. No Europe, hardly any cup games. 2nd lowest number of games we've ever played in a PL season. Sure, we had a patch of injuries for a couple of months, but that's been over for months.
So what is the excuse now? Ref conspiracy? Wind blowing in the wrong direction?
Exactly. And we fielded our strongest team last time out against a Newcastle side ...decimated by injuries!
Must have been the wind then🤷‍♂️

Ignoring the moaning by Scum and Citeh, the table at the bottom shows our players have the second-lowest average playing time in the league and that we have made the fewest changes to the starting XI. Clearly, disruption through injuries and suspensions cannot be an excuse.

I'm Ange In and think it's been a good season considering our initial expectations. The process is there to see. But we also should be realistic about where we are and the genuine concerns in terms of a drop off in performance recently.

I think he will be backed with signings and outgoings this summer regardless of how the season ends because even if Levy is starting to get an itchy finger the profile of player we are after should remain the same and our scouting and plan will remain the same - to play attacking football and grow a young squad.

If Ange doesn't work out (and I have faith he will given time) the next manager will have to be cut from similar cloth so it would make zero sense not to back him at least to the level of last summer which is probably all we can hope for with this ownership.

Ange has been hung out to dry to be fair. Midget bastard sold best striker in the world for 1/10th of a billion and replaced him with Solomon on a free from Fulham.

Pep with Klopp as asst would struggle to achieve CL with such a complete lack of ambition

F off and take your bonus with you, speculative chancer lowballing fans for 24 years. Go

The distancing from Lewis is a criminal from these canny thieves

Ange has been hung out to dry to be fair. Midget bastard sold best striker in the world for 1/10th of a billion and replaced him with Solomon on a free from Fulham.
It's truly bizarre how Levy got such an easy ride banking the Kane fee rather than lining up and securing a top notch, ready to go replacement.
Something that's not been talked about nearly enough.

That's very debatable. A good first 10 game's, I'd agree. But after that???
No cup runs and 5th in the league with no European football to stretch the squad?
You have a very low bar I think, mate.
Nah,we’ve been closer to the top than we’ve been in years at this stage of the season. Lost our greatest goalscorer. New way of playing with a lot of new players. Still the possibility of 4th. I don’t have a low bar,I just understand that it is nearly an impossibility to finish any higher than 4th or 5th this season.
If next season we are in the same position,out of Europe and no decent runs in the cup to semis or final then I’ll question it but not now.

Out of curiosity where did you actually see us finishing this season?

It's truly bizarre how Levy got such an easy ride banking the Kane fee rather than lining up and securing a top notch, ready to go replacement.
Something that's not been talked about nearly enough.
Kane cost f all and he had years to create a mitigation plan. Blow job johnson and headless scuttler Solomon clearly never going to replace Kane

Cunt

Kane cost f all and he had years to create a mitigation plan. Blow job johnson and headless scuttler Solomon clearly never going to replace Kane

Cunt
I don’t have an issue with signing those two but to not sign a striker when all we had was a struggling Richarlison. Sonny was still being classed as a wide player at that point. Disgrace of a decision by the club. People will say we have done ok with Sonny and Richy this season but fuck that it could have been a lot better if we signed a top striker. We could be 10 points better off

Out of curiosity where did you actually see us finishing this season?
That's irrelevant.
The fact that the expectations of the fans of one of the wealthiest clubs on the planet have plummeted to sewer levels where a season of 0 cup runs, 0 European football, a likely 5th place finish and planning permission for a new hotel is viewed as a good season is testament to the disgusting, loser mentality seeping down from the hierarchy and permeating throughout the club.

Conte was right.

Back
Top Bottom