Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder if there are any Celtic fans still here (or Aussies) who can comment on how he develops young players. One of the biggest complaints that I’ve read appears to be his relationship with the Celtic Academy.

For those already against a guy who doesn’t even have the job yet, which manager would you prefer that is an absolute solid gold guarantee of being better?

And I asked for a guarantee. Not an opinion.

Some fuckwits will disagree with this post and I’ll act like I care, but there’s nobody out there that we can guarantee will be a success.

And no, there’s not even more chance of a bigger name being better. Look at our history.
Let’s do a poll ?

Is this what we have become??? Trying to snatch Celtics Aussie manager??

I really hope this is media bs and we are already in agreement with Nagelsmann!!!

How can a single person, a chairman, make a club so toxic that not a single fuckin manager or DoF wants to come??? And NOT get fired???

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

I think he is a good manager style wise and fits the build but it is obviously a kick on the nuts when you had Naglesmann apparently willing to come if he could have more control (DoF) and also had a free Pochettino as well.

He is far from the worst option but a risk no doubt.
He’s certainly a risk. But I think it’s fair to say every manager, probably with the exception of Gaurdiola, is a risk. A slightly bigger one than JN? Possibly. But it might be the breath of fresh air we need in the club.

May be but he could be just going his mates. He knows if it doesn’t work out then his head will be on the block. Save happened with the fraud getting his mates guttuso and Nuno. Do you think if Munn wasn’t coming in we would like at Ange. Look we have had chance to get poch but no deemed not good enough or suitable. JN then comes along and again ditto. Even slot based on reports we fucked up. Are people now convincing themselves that Ange is a better option than poch or jn would have been? It’s strange how the agenda has now changed to going for a “serial” winner who plays attacking football. Why have we never considered previous Celtic serial winner managers.
You just get hired for the biggest position in your life, where you have to recommend someone for the most key position in your organization, and you're going to recommend "your mate," even though he might not be even close to qualified? Not only that, but someone who isn't even your mate, but just a fellow countryman that you're acquainted with. Seriously??

And it never occurred to you that the fact that Ange may have the qualifications and the fact that him and Munn happen to both be Australian is just a coincidence?

Nah probably not. You accuse journalists of being lazy, but you display the same lazy thinking as they do and even worse.

Some of the comments are actually deranged.

Spurs fans who think this is some cynical Levy ploy to corner the Australian market via Ange. Others who think it’s an attempt to corner the Japanese commercial market as a result of all the Japanese players he’s sure to sign in order to replace the Korean market as it inevitably slips. Others who think this is about drumming up extra business for the summer tour.

It’s like Spurs fans have entered a new phase of ENIC stress disorder syndrome.
Are we becoming Scousers?? Petitions flying around right to left!

Oh No What GIF

Is this what we have become??? Trying to snatch Celtics Aussie manager??

I really hope this is media bs and we are already in agreement with Nagelsmann!!!

How can a single person, a chairman, make a club so toxic that not a single fuckin manager or DoF wants to come??? And NOT get fired???

We have tried twice to hire superstar; proven managers - Failed.

We have tried pay a fortune for players (Sanchez, Romero, Ndombele, Lo Celso) - Failed

Our best players cost peanuts (Eriksen, Alli, Kane, Lloris, Dembele)

Our best coach we nicked from Southampton.

Yet, still there are fans that want us to get Nagelsman and sign Neymar.

Hi Celtic Fan here:

The doubts and fears shown by the Spurs fans overs a possible Ange appointment is for me is understandable.

There is the risk of causing damage to the Spurs brand, to some fans the damage is already done simply by shortlisting a SPL manager. You are also opening yourself to mockery from your cross-city rivals if the appointment flops. The likes of an Enrique, Gallardo, or Potter will be safer bets and that is a reasonable conclusion. I actually believe Ange is the 'known quantity' with regard to the managerial style of play, and if it doesn't work, for whatever reason, fans will be telling each other - see I told you so.

When it comes to fans opinions Ange is quite plugged in and he will have taken note of the uproar. That's why he said in the latest press conference that "it's not registering", that's what you say when it is registering, and you are actively blocking the noise out.

Do I think Ange will come to Spurs, my gut feeling is that he will not. I won't go into detail on why I think this, but it has more to do meeting the challenge of the Rangers rebuild and succession planning than anything to do with Spurs.

I will be following Spurs for your next appointment though, because for me the interest is in the sliding doors moment you have here. It's about what decision you make at this precise moment, which may determine the path forward for you, or not. We will see.

I'd like to preface this post with I'm an Australian who has followed Ange most of his managerial career.

What I'd like to say about Ange is he's a heart and soul kind of guy, he's all in 100% and will immerse himself in the job. If this job is actually a realistic chance I guarantee you he's learning about your history, he's learning about what makes the Tottenham football club tick. Ange is extremely intelligent and understands what this game means to people, what your club means to you.

He's a relationship guy he will get to know each and every one of his players and his ultimate goal is to make an environment where everyone can be the best versions of themselves.

Ange will find the kid that fell in love with the game in each of his players, I think your players have viewed their time at Spurs as just a job and a paycheck for too long, the heart and soul hasn't been there recently, Ange will bring the passion back, I think he's the perfect guy to bring in.

In terms of his football, he's imprinted his game style on every group he's managed at every level I have no doubt he'll do it in the prem.

tldr: Ange good, trust him and let him heal your club.

Last edited:
You just get hired for the biggest position in your life, where you have to recommend someone for the most key position in your organization, and you're going to recommend "your mate," even though he might not be even close to qualified? Not only that, but someone who isn't even your mate, but just a fellow countryman that you're acquainted with. Seriously??

And it never occurred to you that the fact that Ange may have the qualifications and the fact that him and Munn happen to both be Australian is just a coincidence?

Nah probably not. You accuse journalists of being lazy, but you display the same lazy thinking as they do and even worse.
What is concerning is how much this feels like Nuno 2.0.

Back
Top Bottom