Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you for real?

You do know who I’m talking about?

If you can't distinguish between singing songs about individuals who are English and singing songs about "the English" then I don't know what to say to you.

By that definition they sing about the Scots, the Irish, the Aussies, the Polish, the Italians, etc. So don't feel like you're anyway special.

If you can't distinguish between singing songs about individuals who are English and singing songs about "the English" then I don't know what to say to you.

By that definition they sing about the Scots, the Irish, the Aussies, the Polish, the Italians, etc. So don't feel like you're anyway special.

You still here?

Taking away the fact that there’s very little competition for Celtic, domestically at least, I’ve a feeling that Ange would be a decent fit. He has done a good job wherever he’s been and it’s certainly true that Celtic have elevated to another level under him and play far better football than they had under several previous managers.

Clearly he’s not tested at a ‘higher’ level but it is horses for courses and he is the kind of guy who seems to get the players behind him and willing to play for him.

There’s also no apparent big ego with Ange, and when he speaks you tend to want to listen.

We’ve tried the ‘Super’ Coach route recently with both Mourinho and Conte and both have failed, in the end.

The last two decent periods we’ve had - in terms of identity and actually playing some decent football have been under two largely unfancied men in Redknapp and Poch. Don’t be too quick to be dismissive of this guy.

Let's assume for a second that our Aussie CFO is the one driving this. What does it tell you that for his first appointment he would be pushing for Ange? You think if he wasn't 100% sold on him he would stick his neck out that far and start with a "bad" decision for the most important job, rather than go down the "more proven, works in top league manager" route?

Of course we don't know if Munn is the one behind the Ange appointment, but if he was, there is more than one side to this coin.
May be but he could be just going his mates. He knows if it doesn’t work out then his head will be on the block. Save happened with the fraud getting his mates guttuso and Nuno. Do you think if Munn wasn’t coming in we would like at Ange. Look we have had chance to get poch but no deemed not good enough or suitable. JN then comes along and again ditto. Even slot based on reports we fucked up. Are people now convincing themselves that Ange is a better option than poch or jn would have been? It’s strange how the agenda has now changed to going for a “serial” winner who plays attacking football. Why have we never considered previous Celtic serial winner managers.

Am I overthinking this or does something not add up. Is Ange a smokescreen? ITK journos are saying Ange will be offered the Spurs job after the cup final yet you can get almost even money on him on the exchanges. Is he having second thoughts, or are Spurs interested in an alternative. Something doesn’t add up
We are gonna skip the manager and go straight to the assistant😀

Why have all these Jocks suddenly come out of the woodwork? It's like Whackamole, isn't it?

giphy.gif

Just don’t say anything to me old chap!

Toodles

Don’t think that is the consideration. More that he took over them when they were in a bit of a mess and has a play style that is excellent as well as a good record in Australia and Japan.

Again it might be to big a jump we don’t know but in terms of style of play he ticks the box.
He will be handicapped by ENIC. Whether he’s talented or not, either way he will fail at dead club fc under pinhead.

Back
Top Bottom