Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately we have a cadre of folk on here who really don't care whether you're Scottish, English, Irish, any other nationality, Celtic supporter or any other supporter, including Spurs supporter. Their entire life, it seems, revolves around hating everything and everyone.

All that has really been shared on here are people's opinions on prospective managers. It's quite civil until the cadre crawl out from under their rocks to scream abuse at everyone and everything.

You're not allowed to share an opinion if it isn't the A&A's, they'll just shout you down and abuse you. Unfortunately it's this "breed" that get the entire fan base labelled as such.

Every fan base has this element, you've just been unfortunate to come into contact with them on here.

Toxic is their nature.
Wow please go up and see for yourself. Trust me your mind will change quickish.

I actually suspect you've never been to a game of any description or know anything about the old firm.

If we were buying Declan Rice and West Ham fans came to give us the lowdown on him fine. We have had Arse fans trolling before and get kicked off but that is completely different. I don’t have an issue with any other clubs fans on here unless they are looking to troll.
You know nothing about the old firm clearly.

They would not come on here to big up someone they don't want to lose, but would love the chance to spread their hatred.

Unfortunately we have a cadre of folk on here who really don't care whether you're Scottish, English, Irish, any other nationality, Celtic supporter or any other supporter, including Spurs supporter. Their entire life, it seems, revolves around hating everything and everyone.

All that has really been shared on here are people's opinions on prospective managers. It's quite civil until the cadre crawl out from under their rocks to scream abuse at everyone and everything.

You're not allowed to share an opinion if it isn't the A&A's, they'll just shout you down and abuse you. Unfortunately it's this "breed" that get the entire fan base labelled as such.

Every fan base has this element, you've just been unfortunate to come into contact with them on here.

Toxic is their nature.
Well said.

Disagree with you on pretty much everything else. But in this instance, I make you right

Embarassing

Some of the comments are actually deranged.

Spurs fans who think this is some cynical Levy ploy to corner the Australian market via Ange. Others who think it’s an attempt to corner the Japanese commercial market as a result of all the Japanese players he’s sure to sign in order to replace the Korean market as it inevitably slips. Others who think this is about drumming up extra business for the summer tour.

It’s like Spurs fans have entered a new phase of ENIC stress disorder syndrome.

If we were buying Declan Rice and West Ham fans came to give us the lowdown on him fine. We have had Arse fans trolling before and get kicked off but that is completely different. I don’t have an issue with any other clubs fans on here unless they are looking to troll.
Yep. Although I admit I find this appointment (if it happens) massively underwhelming, I'm interested to see the views of his current clubs fanbase.
And it's a pretty big, knowledgeable fanbase worth listening to.

Wow please go up and see for yourself. Trust me your mind will change quickish.

I actually suspect you've never been to a game of any description or know anything about the old firm.
All of which has sweet fa to do with what I posted.

No I haven't been to an old firm game, I haven't experienced the atmosphere there. What I have experienced though is YOU attacking a group of posters who came on here to share their views in Postecoglou. They were friendly and, rather than slagging us off for poaching a manager they adore, were congratulating us.

They showed zero hostility until you piped up with your bigotry, totally unprovoked. No doubt there is an element of nastiness in the Celtic fan base, but it wasn't displayed in here. You then jumped in with your diatribe of bile and hatred. That's what I experienced. You kept at it until you got a reaction. The rest of your A&A mob then jumped on the bandwagon.

The lack of self awareness is fucking breathtaking.

Well said.

Disagree with you on pretty much everything else. But in this instance, I make you right
There's hope for you yet then John.
Friends Hug GIF

Spurs fans who think this is some cynical Levy ploy to corner the Australian market via Ange. Others who think it’s an attempt to corner the Japanese commercial market as a result of all the Japanese players he’s sure to sign in order to replace the Korean market as it inevitably slips. Others who think this is about drumming up extra business for the summer tour.

Some just think it's an underwhelming appointment and our supporters deserve better.

Others maybe think this is the best option available, Levys first choice, and he's a better option than Poch or Nagelsmann

Every supporter has the right to air their opinion via social media or whatever channel they deem appropriate.

Some just think it's an underwhelming appointment and our supporters deserve better.

Others maybe think this is the best option available, Levys first choice, and he's a better option than Poch or Nagelsmann

Every supporter has the right to air their opinion via social media or whatever channel they deem appropriate.

I think he is a good manager style wise and fits the build but it is obviously a kick on the nuts when you had Naglesmann apparently willing to come if he could have more control (DoF) and also had a free Pochettino as well.

He is far from the worst option but a risk no doubt.

You know nothing about the old firm clearly.

They would not come on here to big up someone they don't want to lose, but would love the chance to spread their hatred.

And yet I've read plenty of comments from Celtic fans over the last few days doing exactly what you say they won't do - come on here to big up someone they don't want to lose. The reason they do it is probably because they recognise that what many of the spurs fans are going through just now is exactly what most of the celtic fans went through 2 years ago. Complete shock and anger that their club would appoint this "nobody". And because they genuinely love what Ange has done over the 2 years he's been in Glasgow and, while disappointed that we might be losing him, want him to go on and be a success.

Sorry to tell you this, but in the few days I've been reading on here the vast majority of 'hatred' has come from you.

As an Australian and a Spurs fan i know that Ange is the real deal.
I couldn't give one fuck about Celtic, but what they say about him is honest and factual.

I'm not sure how he would get along with Levy or in any given situation if he were promised something and then it was not delivered. He gives loyalty and expects it. Wouldn't surprise me if he walks away from any negotiation, or if this is all a smokescreen.

All of which has sweet fa to do with what I posted.

No I haven't been to an old firm game, I haven't experienced the atmosphere there. What I have experienced though is YOU attacking a group of posters who came on here to share their views in Postecoglou. They were friendly and, rather than slagging us off for poaching a manager they adore, were congratulating us.

They showed zero hostility until you piped up with your bigotry, totally unprovoked. No doubt there is an element of nastiness in the Celtic fan base, but it wasn't displayed in here. You then jumped in with your diatribe of bile and hatred. That's what I experienced. You kept at it until you got a reaction. The rest of your A&A mob then jumped on the bandwagon.

The lack of self awareness is fucking breathtaking.
Well said

Yep. Although I admit I find this appointment (if it happens) massively underwhelming, I'm interested to see the views of his current clubs fanbase.
And it's a pretty big, knowledgeable fanbase worth listening to.
As I've posted previously, it's understandable that there are fans who are underwhelmed, basically because most on here know three fifths of fuck all about the man.

He's not the second coming of Christ, but he's an excellent manager. As I've said previously, I've followed his career ever since my time in Brisbane. I was part of the youth coaching setup with Brisbane Lions at the time, and the transformation of the club, from top to bottom, was unheralded. I watched Roar before he landed and they weren't much better than a semi pro team. By the time he'd finished with them they played some beautiful Football, beating teams that they'd been whipping boys to for years. It's not unreasonable to say that his efforts there forced Australian Football to take a quantum leap forward in quality. Not just Roar, the entire league.

I'm not suggesting he'll do that here, nor am I claiming that he's automatically going to make us a trophy winning machine, but he'll have us playing a brand of Football that will put a smile on our faces, apart from the A&A mob that is.

We need a reset, I've said that for a while now, and I honestly believe that he has all of the requisite tools to do that, and then some.

More importantly, I truly believe he'll have us looking forward to watching us play, rather than dreading the next match.

Haha, yeah, obviously Daniel Levy wants us to have a good team, coach, players etc.. unfortunately he makes all of the decisions, and happens to understand the actual sport of football about as well as I understand how my phone works.

Back
Top Bottom