AFC Bournemouth VS Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday 26th August 2023. Vitality Stadium 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a thought, new to here; feedback on why Harry didn't stay ? He gave so much to the Spurs and was there for so long. Did he just want a change or after the negative managers did he have his doubts that Ange didn't have a ' name ' ?
Because he’s listened to the media telling him he needed to win a trophy to be considered one of the all time greats

Why not the person who employed them?! Both were shock appointments for Spurs fans and footballing world.
They were the result of the fans crying out for a trophy. And lack of a properly embedded football philosophy, which would have prevented their hiring to begin with.

This whole DNA and style crap that people latch on to in order to feel better when we loose, is just sickening. I don't care about any managers style, as long as it will bring a trophy.
Really?! 😳

Even when we were winning under Cunte it was about as enjoyable as a trip to the dentist for a root canal!

Just got back from the game .

Get the only two negatives out of the way :
Got bloody soaked before the game and had to sit in the home end ! ( To be fair , they twigged on very early when Maddison scored , but were pretty good with me after that )

I thought we were fantastic and controlled the game with several players outstanding .

All the players seem to be playing with a completely different attitude now with Ange in charge and it was a joy to see it first hand .

I was sat dead opposite from our travelling fans , who I thought were fantastic throughout . It was lovely to see the players interact with them before and after the game .

Was my first taste of Angeball and I have to say . I m thoroughly onboard with it , as the fans were clearly singing out “ we’ve got our Tottenham back” . And do you know , they’re bloody right .

I give up. If people can't understand that you can't go all out attack when you have a crappy defence, I don't know. We lost almost every game because of counter attacks. Go look at it. If you gave Pep the team we had, there was no way he'd be able to keep attacking football.

The way he treated our club? That 12 managers will agree with you, is the fault of Daniel Levy. 12 out of 12 managers cannot be wrong.

Who said anything about 'all out attack'?

There's acres of middle ground between the utter shite Conte served up and 'all out attack'. For 15 million quid a year, I'd suggest it was his job to find some of that middle ground and develop a system that got the most out of the players at his disposal.

Not to rigidly stick to a system, which in truth got the best out of absolutely nobody in his squad, and then proceed to blame everybody else in the world before ever once looking at himself.

Who's talking about Levy? I'm referring to his constant negativity towards the team he's supposedly managing and him obviously thinking he was bigger than the club. I don't remember any of the other 12 managers acting like they were doing us favour and lowering themselves to come and manage little old Tottenham.

I also don't remember any other managers letting a two goal lead slip in the last fifteen minutes against a side bottom of the league, coating the club and the players in the press conference straight after, and then mincing off back to Italy crying like the bald little fanny that he is.

Was smiling all the way home from the pub. On the whole, really enjoyed watching us. Apart from Richie (and I'm not a fan of digging out individuals normally), I thought it was a good team effort all round. What a difference having a decent midfield makes to the level of performance, who would have thought it!
Shout out to our supporters who were there, they were noisy all the way through. We've got our Tottenham back, hopefully they'll stick around :)

I give up. If people can't understand that you can't go all out attack when you have a crappy defence, I don't know. We lost almost every game because of counter attacks. Go look at it. If you gave Pep the team we had, there was no way he'd be able to keep attacking football.

The way he treated our club? That 12 managers will agree with you, is the fault of Daniel Levy. 12 out of 12 managers cannot be wrong.
just give up trying to follow this sport. Try darts or croquet

Back
Top Bottom