AFC Bournemouth VS Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday 26th August 2023. Vitality Stadium 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But to play a style of football that relied so heavily on the defence, when you're defence is made up of the players you mention, is beyond brain dead.

The bloke was a complete cunt and I'd be happy if I never heard another word from him for the rest of my life. I despise the man and the way he treated our club.
I give up. If people can't understand that you can't go all out attack when you have a crappy defence, I don't know. We lost almost every game because of counter attacks. Go look at it. If you gave Pep the team we had, there was no way he'd be able to keep attacking football.

The way he treated our club? That 12 managers will agree with you, is the fault of Daniel Levy. 12 out of 12 managers cannot be wrong.

I was one that said he couldn’t defend, and couldn’t be happier to eat a large slice of humble pie.

He’s had two very good games and defended well. 👏

Porro had a shaky half against United but other than that has been fantastic.

Lots of positives for us from today and two previous games as well, just need to try and get in a proper forward and maybe another CB, before the window closes.

Back this manager and we will have a really good season.

But do you see my point, you're too focused on personnel as opposed to philosophy and what each manager is telling them what to do. Conte and Jose would still have Udogie and Van De Ven defending in their own box the majority of the match but it's clear that both players thrive when they play on the front foot.

Look at Sanchez for example, immediately looked better when he's been asked to defend higher up the pitch as opposed to in his own box.

Also you cannot ignore the point about our press, we conceded a lot of goals because as a team we conceded too many chances due to lack of pressure from the front, Conte could have used a player like Bissouma more in his midfield 2 but opted for Hojbjerg who isn't press resistant at all.

Conte and Jose both has us playing non- sustainable football, sitting back and soaking up pressure was always going to catch up with us at some point.
I disagree. Jose and Conte, both of which I didn't initially want, did well with what they had. We had fans Pineing over Dele for years blaming managers. We had fans moaning over Spence, Bissouma and host of others.

This whole DNA and style crap that people latch on to in order to feel better when we loose, is just sickening. I don't care about any managers style, as long as it will bring a trophy.

Ange seems to be a combination of Pep going forward and Conté defending..

Really enjoyable game.

And fair play to Bournemouth, thought they were aggressive and at least tried to play some attacking stuff.

Let's see where we are in ten games.

COYS.

You are being rather economical with the truth though. Conte had Romero and Porro at his disposal last year so to pretend he had no defenders of any worth is not true.
He also had Bissouma and Sarr who he refused to play.
I find it hard to fathom that you are still defending Conte
It was economical if You remember correctly.

Romero was out for quite a while with an injury. And Porro was bought for Conté very close to the end of his time a Spurs. He didn't play much for TFC under Conte.

Its not only Conté. Its Poch, Jose as well. The manager is always wrong and The players right. I don't know of any successful club where players and fans override the Manager

"Both were shock appointments"

They were both SURPRISING appointments, I don't see how that could be disagreed with.

You're not considering the context of what had already been said.

Whether they were a suprise I'm the moment or not it is moot; he and previous posters were trying to hammer home how unwanted they were.

tumblr_neisecRGRk1qk6v3ao5_400.gifv

Another great win, Ive still yet to watch Tottenham lose a game. I will happily repeat that line as long as I physically can!

That first goal… man what a beauty! This team has excellent ball movement. Solid chemistry especially for early in a season, again im very new to this so im not sure if this is a common thing or if most teams can pass this smoothly. Hopefully we see them continue to grow as a unit.

Richarlison sucked ass. Thats an easy one , even for me LOL Madison is one of those slam dunk signings… not sure what they call it over there. A sixer? Can we get a few more like him ? Vicario could be another real find.

Not only is the team undefeated, it seems like they’ve totally outclassed each opponent. If not for a very iffy (IMO) penalty kick, they’d not only be 3-0 but maybe not have given up a single goal yet. Had we kept playing with a lead, thats a completely different game. All brentford seemed to have was their counter attack. Ok enough what if, its a long season!

He may not be world class , but i like Son as a leader. Love how he pushed a teammate away from the ref and was like I got this.

The game was too early for me apparently to watch via the peacock app, so i had to stream it on some reddit site. Not the greatest. If anyone has a more reliable stream please let me know. Or pm if sharing those links is against forum rules.

Ive always found no matter the sport the concept is always the same. One game at a time, one win at a time. Keep it up spurs!!

Porro had a shaky half against United but other than that has been fantastic.

Lots of positives for us from today and two previous games as well, just need to try and get in a proper forward and maybe another CB, before the window closes.

Back this manager and we will have a really good season.
2-3 incomings would make such a difference, that is why I expect it not to happen.

Back
Top Bottom