AFC Bournemouth VS Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday 26th August 2023. Vitality Stadium 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This was a trap game— an early kick-off away from home after a great win.
Not always convincing — a shaky spell on either side of half-time particularly early second half — but overall an excellent win. We were the better team over 90 and I thought Ange’s substitutions were excellent.

It's obvious there's two classes of fans, some who are genuine but some that just seem to be classless and embarass themselves for a signature or a shirt.

Not sure why this is controversial.

They're the ones that then jump straight on Ebay when they get home.

It’s absolve not resolve.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF
Oops! Now amended - thanks. :)

I believe, we’re all being pretty measured and not getting carried away yet, but why does EVERY fucking pundit on either radio or tv keep telling us at every available opportunity that “things are looking better for Spurs but we haven’t played Liverpool, City or Woolwich……., so we shouldn’t get over confident etc etc.

We know that!! We’ve only played three games, so hardly anyone has played them yet. We’re just acknowledging that improvements are clear to see and it is already far better than anything we’ve had recently. They really do love to piss on our chips.
Agreed. We ain’t played Scum, Dippers or the Oil drums.
But THEY AINT FUCKING FACED ANGE BALL YET! Fuck em and their media mates

There is something special about this group of players and manager.

We had Kane and Conte but I never felt it was the real deal.
Now I do. The togetherness and team spirit is like nothing I've seen for a long long time.
Bookmark this post. WE ARE WINNING A TROPHY THIS YEAR.

Both those Managers had us winning the Golden Boot at some point. We even had the 1 and 3 Rd highest goalscorers in the league, in the same team as one stage.

This only leaves one reason why we didn't challenge for anything. That was our defence. Those Managers won with everyone else but us. Do you really believe they couldn't have challenged given the defence we had playing today? Udogie, Romero, VdV and Porro owned the game. Almost everytime we were attacked they dispossessed the opponents and let the ball work for us from the back by beating a player or two and opening the game for the midfield.

Its not rocket science.
You are being rather economical with the truth though. Conte had Romero and Porro at his disposal last year so to pretend he had no defenders of any worth is not true.
He also had Bissouma and Sarr who he refused to play.
I find it hard to fathom that you are still defending Conte

Back
Top Bottom