AFC Bournemouth VS Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday 26th August 2023. Vitality Stadium 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was smiling all the way home from the pub. On the whole, really enjoyed watching us. Apart from Richie (and I'm not a fan of digging out individuals normally), I thought it was a good team effort all round. What a difference having a decent midfield makes to the level of performance, who would have thought it!
Shout out to our supporters who were there, they were noisy all the way through. We've got our Tottenham back, hopefully they'll stick around :)
I'm not crying, you're crying!!! :pochcry::pochcry::avbfu::pochcry:

His quality in the final third is better than any of the front 3 starters. Needs to have a few more minutes
I feel like him for the first 50/60 mins with Son coming on as an impact sub would be best cos Perisic is great at 1v1 dribbling and crossing against tight defences whereas Son would be better in a more open game in the second half.

Cracking day.

At Lewes to see the big game of the day Lewes vs Hornchurch. Been in the boozer to watch the Spurs game. Disappointed it wasn't 1-7 but a win is a win.

Appear to have peaked too early and had to move on to the coffee at 14.30pm.

Oh when the Rooks. ....
Brandy in the coffee helps.

What can he do? Cant score, can't hold the ball up, isn't a danger running in behind, no positional awareness, and his attitude is awful.
Pretty much dined him up you could add his general passing and decision make is crap. That play in 2nd half where we broke abd had an easy ball to madd but chose to try pass to right where their player was running so got blocked.

I think when the ball comes to him just hit. There was glimmer of light there to hit first time. I don’t his got the quality to try what he did.
I’d suggest if he’d hit that first time, the defender blocks it. And he does have the quality to do what he tried, just a shitty deflection off a hand stopped him scoring a stunning goal. His footwork to get to the position he was in was fantastic.

We’ve been spoiled for a decade with Kane and we aren’t going to have him again. Rich is nowhere near the goalscorer or creator Kane was and his petulance at the end of his shift today left a bad taste, but there’s a decent player in there that can get us goals. Not Kane goals, but it appears we presently don’t need to rely on those as much as we have been.

Does Ange's system discourage any shooting from outside the box? feels like we overplay at times rather than pulling the trigger?
Yes it seems like that! Number of times we keep going square instead of having a pop. It’s prbly bcos they are trying to create open goal chance fir richi which he can’t miss😀

Might be wrong (Celtic fans can correct me) but before Ange came in when Rangers won the title Celtic where a mess and it was a pretty big fix needed.
Think it’s correct, but you seem to infer we weren’t a giant mess by end of last season, then we lost our one generational talent!

Guy has something players love, solid attacking structured Football.

It shows how utterly unaligned our recruitment was Vs Coach in place, what 7-8 players have come to life.

Love it.

Why the fuck are people fighting each other?

Seriously, third game in, won 2, drew one, sitting at the top of the league (at time of posting).

New manager, still got lots of work to do, but it seems the players are buying into his philosophy, which is a great sign.

Who gives a toss about Cunti, Morinho, Nuno... who played soul destroying football.

It doesn't matter anymore, we need to focus on the future and ride the roll coaster, coz it's sure as hell going to be one this year.

He was accused of that last week as well and came out and said that he was angry at himself more than anything.

I assume that it is the same this week.

No one is more angry at Richarlison than Richarlison.
I’m sure that is a bit of back tracking on his part. Ofc his pissed at being subbed all players are. However he knows his being hooked bcos he hasn’t done enough to warrant staying on. Play him Tuesday v Fulham have Scarlett on the bench. If he has a stinker give Scarlett some minutes. Then next play son up top unless baldy has bought Gift or another quality forward.

Cheeky bit of blaming the fans for poor decisions by the board, you love to see these tactics.

You don't see the contradiction of openly (and in a lot of cases; loudly) wanting Jose & Conte; only to then bleat about the Spurs way and style of football?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom