AFC Bournemouth VS Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday 26th August 2023. Vitality Stadium 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why the fuck are people fighting each other?

Seriously, third game in, won 2, drew one, sitting at the top of the league (at time of posting).

New manager, still got lots of work to do, but it seems the players are buying into his philosophy, which is a great sign.

Who gives a toss about Cunti, Morinho, Nuno... who played soul destroying football.

It doesn't matter anymore, we need to focus on the future and ride the roll coaster, coz it's sure as hell going to be one this year.
Cunti has been done so many times it’s just boring now.

I’d suggest if he’d hit that first time, the defender blocks it. And he does have the quality to do what he tried, just a shitty deflection off a hand stopped him scoring a stunning goal. His footwork to get to the position he was in was fantastic.

We’ve been spoiled for a decade with Kane and we aren’t going to have him again. Rich is nowhere near the goalscorer or creator Kane was and his petulance at the end of his shift today left a bad taste, but there’s a decent player in there that can get us goals. Not Kane goals, but it appears we presently don’t need to rely on those as much as we have been.
Tend to agree, he is just over tight on front of goal, mostly as a hangover from last season, we pray.

He has similarities to Drogba, early Chelsea career, only absolutely nothing like as talented, in that he brings a huge amount of unseen quality to the side in his constant driving to close and press, this makes defenders/goalkeeper play that second or so faster than they want and the next ball we have a much better chance to turn over.

Needs a few lucky goals, falling to him so he can simply shoot without thinking.

I feel like him for the first 50/60 mins with Son coming on as an impact sub would be best cos Perisic is great at 1v1 dribbling and crossing against tight defences whereas Son would be better in a more open game in the second half.
I think you’re right in some games. Age is against him to do it all the time. Would like to see Perisic start a couple with Son in the middle and Kulu or Solomon right

I'm not crying, you're crying!!! :pochcry::pochcry::avbfu::pochcry:
Just celebrated with 3 (THREE) Ferror Roche and a lovely cup of Rosie

Tell Tea Time GIF by Dreezy

he is so so bad.
He keeps possesion well and pops up every where to help a team mate have pass on. That is what I like about his always available to receive the ball. He keeps the ball moving and is like playing with a wall. He provides that give and go option. Plus he can provide lovely little vertical through balls. I thought he did ok.

Thought we were average in the second half, especially after the first batch of subs, but happy with the win.
Thought after 2nd goal we pretty much controlled the gane. Even after the subs. We kept the ball and created some good situations. Sunny looked far more livelier up front. Think the stick gio is getting is a bit over the top. He had a lot of touches and like I said in a different post he keeps the ball moving. Wish we got Scott as the madd back up though.

Back
Top Bottom