AC Milan v Tottenham Hotspur at the mighty San Siro. Champions League RO16 1st Leg. 14/2/23 20:00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To slag Dier & Davies in this game and not mention Romero and the ever non-existent defensive presence of Lenglet is bullshit
How was lengket non existent? Fro what I saw he carried the ball forward , passed it ok and got into good forward positions. He didn’t make any mistakes from what I could see.

How was lengket non existent? Fro what I saw he carried the ball forward , passed it ok and got into good forward positions. He didn’t make any mistakes from what I could see.

"ever non-existent defensive presence"

Slow down... Think.

Yes our defence is shit. But Conte is getting paid Pep Guardiola money and has us playing like Burnley most of the time. These lot conceded 5 goals to Sassuolo the other week.

Davies, Dier, Lenglet, all relegation fodder defenders. You aren’t going to win anything with players like these in your squad. Teams like Chelsea or City they wouldn’t last 6 months, Tottenham they last nearly a decade.

Burnley play good football from
What I hear

That is the problem doesn’t want creativecplauers but rely on WBs. Yet royal who has done ok recently in defensive suites does not offer any ficking creativity. Peri on the other side has played so many games and is fucked. Unfortunately his our best crosser. Only way forward is to either play royal rcb or play 4 at the back. Something conte is never gonna do. We will never play a creative attacking gane under Dino mk2.

The one thing this game did for me was highlight the staggering lack of leader characters we have here, Hojbjerg is about the only one who comes to mind? That Crouch game against a FAR better Milan side - we had Daws, Gallas, Sandro and VDV, with Woodgate on the bench. Spine of a team all made up of captains with aggro and passion - makes such a difference.

I am deeply sympathetic to this perspective, tbh.

However, you can want the club to retain its community roots and relationship with its legacy supporters and pricing that doesn't exclude everybody, or you can demand the club seek to compete at the absolute top level in the increasingly globalizing football business. You can't have both.

But when Daniel Levy is giving us neither, it makes it easy for us to be united in common cause.

Saar and Skip played really well. Unfortunately a team is chosen on a weeks training. The game is only 90m long and we only see that. Conté has numerous cups to his name, I believe we need to trust him and allow him to do what he believes in

A team is chosen by a manager, who like everyone else can succumb to bias and arrogance like anyone else. When conte won the league with inter the upturn started when he started playing Erikson. He waited nearly half a season to give Erikson a proper run. Sometimes managers think they can make miracles happen, they can't, but get the right fit and things can change.

At juve his club outspent everyone, committing fraud and nearly bankrupting itself.

Chelsea he inherited a title contender, great first season and shocking 2nd.

We don't have the money or the will to make conte look good. Frankly I don't think we are a very good fit for him and suspect he thinks the same.

A few thoughts from last night….. fantastic atmosphere in the designated meeting area pre game.Beer prices in the bars were an absolute rip off and everyone seemed to be raiding the local supermarkets to purchase whatever they could get their hands on. Set sail for the San Siro about 7pm local time, the tubes and platforms were absolutely heaving but the sing song carried on regardless. My wife and I are pleased to have ticked the San Siro box but my god it’s a shithole and they don’t exactly roll out the welcome mat for away fans. Less said about the toilets (especially ladies) the better. We were housed up in the rafters ( very similar view to Newcastle) . We are still in the tie, fortunate not to concede a second late on (would have been harsh) The home leg will be rocking, especially if we score first.
Special shout to deadleyledley who , having survived a flight cancellation and other logistical issues, finally got in the ground two minutes after kick off.As always he took these setbacks with stoicism and good grace.Top bloke, safe home my friend.
And now the small matter of West Ham…..COYS!!!
Agree with all of the above, and I doubt if I'll travel as an away fan to Italy again.
The toilet issues hit me hard, as I have had bowel surgery, and they were the absolute pits inside the stadium: I had better luck with a portaloo outside the ground after the game.
We were kept back for so long, that we missed the last train from Milano Centrale station, and had to fork out 100 Euros for a cab back to our hotel.
The Police must've been expecting something big to go down, as the amount of them present was well over the top.
I realise much of it is about protecting us from the crazy Ultra-fans, but a bit more courtesy and respect towards us would go a long way.
To top it off, we had to watch a very average game of football, but I guess 0-1 leaves us with a very good chance of coming out on top overall.

Back
Top Bottom