AC Milan v Tottenham Hotspur at the mighty San Siro. Champions League RO16 1st Leg. 14/2/23 20:00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A team is chosen by a manager, who like everyone else can succumb to bias and arrogance like anyone else. When conte won the league with inter the upturn started when he started playing Erikson. He waited nearly half a season to give Erikson a proper run. Sometimes managers think they can make miracles happen, they can't, but get the right fit and things can change.

At juve his club outspent everyone, committing fraud and nearly bankrupting itself.

Chelsea he inherited a title contender, great first season and shocking 2nd.

We don't have the money or the will to make conte look good. Frankly I don't think we are a very good fit for him and suspect he thinks the same.

I hate how we play under Conte. The passing patterns are shit and have a very high difficulty level.

Low key racist comment going by the pic there.

Anyway, I'm going to my second match of this season in May. So he can't be talking about me. :mourbye:

Hope you have a great day out in May :adethumbup:

A bit disappointing to me too, to see that kind of sentiment. If you leave out the accidental tourists and perhaps those who are Son and Son only fans, it’s quite a commitment by the international fan to take the time, spend the money (not a small sum these days) and make the effort to visit the stadium and watch the team play. And it’s not like there’s been a lot of recent glory to be hunting as well.

So long as they sing. Only fans that piss me off are fans that don’t sing and fans that insist they won’t sing unless the team “put in an effort”, ie when we’re three goals to the good. Every one of them can fuck off as far as I’m concerned… waste of a fucking seat.

I have deep dived the game on Spurplay and rated over on the ratings thread. Very impressed by Sarr and Skipp looks back to how he was. Royal great effort and Kane worked pretty hard. I think we need to see more of Richi if he's fit now. Son has lost it, his desperation to dredge up some kind of form makes him panic and lose composure. He needs a break or bench start at least.

I have deep dived the game on Spurplay and rated over on the ratings thread. Very impressed by Sarr and Skipp looks back to how he was. Royal great effort and Kane worked pretty hard. I think we need to see more of Richi if he's fit now. Son has lost it, his desperation to dredge up some kind of form makes him panic and lose composure. He needs a break or bench start at least.
Kane was very poor against Milan. He gave the ball away 24 times, more than any other player on the pitch and didn't get one shot on target.

Ultimately, he's supposed to be world class. He went missing again and is as guilty as anyone else for why we lost.

Kane was very poor against Milan. He gave the ball away 24 times, more than any other player on the pitch and didn't get one shot on target.

Ultimately, he's supposed to be world class. He went missing again and is as guilty as anyone else for why we lost.
Kane doesn't handle it very well when teams mob him every time he comes short to pick up the ball.

The best outcome is a relatively useless free kick inside the center circle, but it also generates dangerous transitions back down our throat, and very rarely does he get his pass over the top away because the opponent is throwing absolutely everything at preventing that ball.

If you let Kane come short, receive the ball, turn, and pass he will absolutely destroy you. This was Mourinho's innovation. But most teams now know that you can cut off that supply line if you just throw a pile of bodies at Kane as soon as that ball comes in.

We need to make a counter-adjustment to that. Because you're right, it ends up with Kane being a pretty ineffective figure as he was the other night.

I don't think he was very poor. He fought hard under tough marking and earned plenty free kicks. He pressed better than of late. Son is not offering much and Kulu is off form so he didn't have much support. The 24 giveaways don't tell the whole story although he did make a few wayward passes. My deep dives don't allow for missing much and Kane did ok IMO.

I don't think he was very poor. He fought hard under tough marking and earned plenty free kicks. He pressed better than of late. Son is not offering much and Kulu is off form so he didn't have much support. The 24 giveaways don't tell the whole story although he did make a few wayward passes. My deep dives don't allow for missing much and Kane did ok IMO.

Good shift; just not that productive; but we'd have been worse off without him.

Last edited:
A team is chosen by a manager, who like everyone else can succumb to bias and arrogance like anyone else. When conte won the league with inter the upturn started when he started playing Erikson. He waited nearly half a season to give Erikson a proper run. Sometimes managers think they can make miracles happen, they can't, but get the right fit and things can change.

At juve his club outspent everyone, committing fraud and nearly bankrupting itself.

Chelsea he inherited a title contender, great first season and shocking 2nd.

We don't have the money or the will to make conte look good. Frankly I don't think we are a very good fit for him and suspect he thinks the same.

It easier to prove Conté as great manager when one uses facts. He hasn't gone to clubs and used chests full of money. He won at clubs that backed him and allowed him to do his job.

One has to look at facts and figures. I'm not a Simon Jordan fan (mostly because he applauds Levy for his business model), but in the following article he sets the record straight on Conté.

Conté hasn't wasted money. The person buying has wasted the money by not allowing Conté what he needs. Levy has decided he knows best when it comes to transfers, so we sit with approx 200 million on loan. Most of those on loan will never be wearing a Spurs shirt ever again. We sit with another 100 million + that would never perform at League winning Levels.

Another false statement, " He is boring and pragmatic ". If he is, why are we one of the highest goal scoring teams in the EPL. 3rd highest when I last checked.

He didn't want to play Eriksen...... He has a system. Clubs hire coaches based on their CVs. I'm am yet to find a Great manager that changed himself, in order to fit in with the team he is joining's style of play.

Levy hired a 2022 Ferrari and expect it to work like a 1965 Ford F100. It doesn't work.

Hope you have a great day out in May :adethumbup:

A bit disappointing to me too, to see that kind of sentiment. If you leave out the accidental tourists and perhaps those who are Son and Son only fans, it’s quite a commitment by the international fan to take the time, spend the money (not a small sum these days) and make the effort to visit the stadium and watch the team play. And it’s not like there’s been a lot of recent glory to be hunting as well.
:dierpochhug:

Thanks mate. My trick is to book nicer seats for the flight home so if we lose it doesn't hurt so much. I spend more time in the air than in London.

Also the beer I consume in the stadium should fund at least five new players :levywtf:

A few thoughts from last night….. fantastic atmosphere in the designated meeting area pre game.Beer prices in the bars were an absolute rip off and everyone seemed to be raiding the local supermarkets to purchase whatever they could get their hands on. Set sail for the San Siro about 7pm local time, the tubes and platforms were absolutely heaving but the sing song carried on regardless. My wife and I are pleased to have ticked the San Siro box but my god it’s a shithole and they don’t exactly roll out the welcome mat for away fans. Less said about the toilets (especially ladies) the better. We were housed up in the rafters ( very similar view to Newcastle) . We are still in the tie, fortunate not to concede a second late on (would have been harsh) The home leg will be rocking, especially if we score first.
Special shout to deadleyledley who , having survived a flight cancellation and other logistical issues, finally got in the ground two minutes after kick off.As always he took these setbacks with stoicism and good grace.Top bloke, safe home my friend.
And now the small matter of West Ham…..COYS!!!
As mentioned above, I had a nightmare getting to the game. Despite all of that, it was worth it to just wander around the city with 1chriswaddle and his wife. Absolutely wonderful people, and this is what makes the trip worth it. Hopefully we get to repeat it in another European away trip. But for now will meet up in Sheffield.

Met some new guys who also had transport issues to Milan and again they were top people. Goes to show that actually there's lots of genuine people that go to away football games and the reputation that hooliganism is rife no longer applies to be honest.

It was refreshing to see lots of young kids at the game, making use of the half term break.

The game itself is a side story for me on these away trips. It's a bonus if we get something from it. I've just rewatched on TV and we can turn them over in the home leg of we throw caution to the wind and play at a higher tempo,similar to the performance against City 2 weeks ago. I don't think they will like it if we press them high up, it'll allow us to create better chances because one thing we can't do it create chances with our usual slow build up.

I've now seen us play AC and Inter at the San Siro, I won't be going back until they build the new stadium.

maybe he gave the ball away more as he was the only one not playing it safe, actually wanting the ball and trying to go forwards

We played just as shit as we’re playing now, in the last 12 months Pochettino was in charge. We lost to fucking Colchester in League Cup. The rigid diamond, the lack of subs before 70th minute, playing an awful Eriksen for months. Sounds a bit like Conte, doesn’t it... Have you forgotten all that?

And to what I said above, I don’t want him back mostly because of people like you, who think it’ll be back to rosy once the great Poch returns.
No i have´nt forgotten that!

And i have´nt forgotten WHY we were so bad under the last 8-9 months with poch, wich you seem to have. Your memory also seems a little bit hazy about the 4 years prior to that

And i have´nt said it will be all rosy if/when Poch comes back. But i´m pretty sure it won´t be as bad as the drivel of shit we have been served the last 4 years!

And i remember clearly the first 4 years under Poch.

- Best football i have seen us play the last 40 years, teams feared us.
- He made average players perform like world-beaters
- He was pretty damn close to taking us to our first league title since -61
- He took us to the CL-final, when the rot had started i might add
- He made us fans proud, gave us a feeling of belonging, and made us happy to see us play
- He gave young players a fair crack

How close to a league and CL-title has Mourinho and Conte gotten us? How many players became better under those two. How happy and proud has Mourinho and Conte made us? How entertaining has the football been under those two?

I have´nt looked forward to many games during our Mourinho, Nuno, Conte -era. It has been pure torture to be fair. I want to be happy watching us again, i want to look forward to games again.

brumspur brumspur Why would you disagree with this???
Because it was a beautiful experience being excellently welcomed and looked after by the high quality well trained efficient over flowing stewards who went out of their way to accommodate us and the local police were really cool with their warm demeanour and relaxed attitude!

As a regular user do you really have to ask why I disagreed ?!!! I have asked for my reactions to be disabled - but I obviously still have the privilege of inadvertently hitting the disagree button - apologies for any upset or offence caused

Nosing around the AC Milan homepage, David Beckham is in their Hall of Fame. He had 2 short loan spells at the club. The page is full of genuine club legends, putting Beckham there for clicks is weak.

:contearms:

Back
Top Bottom