AC Milan v Tottenham Hotspur at the mighty San Siro. Champions League RO16 1st Leg. 14/2/23 20:00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Milan were really good at slowing the game down. It was a literal tactic to fall to the floor and spend 10 minutes pulling their socks up.

Speed kills against a team like Milan. If you replaced Son and Kulu for Bale and Lennon we would have ripped them a new arse. We need speed back in those wide areas again.

Like Gil you mean?

The most disappointing thing about this match is that we didn't have a meaningful shot on target. Dier fucked up two headers that could have easily been goals, and Emerson had a long shot that ended up being an easy save for the Milan goalkeeper.

Davies had them worried towards the end with his accurate shooting

Only ten metres over

Was it Hoddle on the commentary who said Davies ''zoomed the shot over the bar'' as if it was a close thing? lol.

I can’t remember but it sounds like ‘Hoddspeak’ as we used to call it when he was manager!

“We need them three points”
Etc

And here is why son is struggling. How the fuck does him playing there utilise his best skills????

I feel like I've been saying this since about week 2 of Conte being here.

Kulu and Son's positions should be swapped. Romero should be further forward than Dier.

For a short time Conte decided to play Mourinho ball with Son and Kane and then reverted back to his bullshit.

Do you mean that Perisic in playing in the same area as Son should be?

This has been suggested before and could be the problem

Tucking son in there just gives him no space. It’s why he is crowded out every time he gets the ball. He needs to be out wide or positioned between the fullback and centre back to run into space. Playing him there basically negates everything good about him. No wonder he’s been losing the ball so much.

If Conte is 20% of the problem i believe anger should be directed elsewhere.
Some high paid players are not performing as they should.

Last season: It was Kane / Kulu / Son (in order of deepness).

Last season: He was.

........I see the theme here.
That's what I mean, it feels like Conte tried his bullshit, first with Son and Lucas, and when it failed he seemed to stumble up a working formula with Kane, Son and Kulu.

Now he's back to his bullshit. That's pretty damning for a supposed world class manager.

If Conte is 20% of the problem i believe anger should be directed elsewhere.
Some high paid players are not performing as they should.
That's true, but the question is: why are so many players not performing up to standard? Is it simply a World Cup hangover, or is it because Conte is not using them to the best of their abilites? Does he have issues inspiring them this season, as noncomittal as he is? I think it's a mix of all of those factors.

' Conte is not using them to the best of their abilites.' Very fair argument
'noncomittal' Also fair question but i believe in pride. And we have a lot of players that don't.
On the pitch only the players can make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom