AC Milan v Tottenham Hotspur at the mighty San Siro. Champions League RO16 1st Leg. 14/2/23 20:00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Milan were really good at slowing the game down. It was a literal tactic to fall to the floor and spend 10 minutes pulling their socks up.

Speed kills against a team like Milan. If you replaced Son and Kulu for Bale and Lennon we would have ripped them a new arse. We need speed back in those wide areas again.

4 games before we play them again, hopefully we can pick some kind of form. Get porro up to standard, get kulu back in form, get one of danjuma or richarlison fully taking over from son

Son’s place is guaranteed so that not going to happen

yeah probably, but one can dream. Conte did actually he drop him once upon a time. That leciester hatrick off the bench ended being a hinderence in the long run

It’s quite baffling

Surely it’s not about selling merchandise to Sth Koreans as has been mentioned

Are you saying Levy was going to spend 50-60 million on a Midfielder if Conté did want one?

Conté doesn't make changes because the change will leave him worse off. Or do you believe, after watching a few minutes of "The Boys", you have a better approach than someone who spends 8 hrs with them?

Are you saying Levy was going to spend 50-60 million on a Midfielder if Conté did want one?

Conté doesn't make changes because the change will leave him worse off. Or do you believe, after watching a few minutes of "The Boys", you have a better approach than someone who spends 8 hrs with them?
1: Your point about 60m midfielders is irrelevant. He doesn't want to play with creative midfielders.
2: I'm not saying I know better than Conte. For £15m a year I should hope I don't
3: What the fuck is "The Boys"

Richarlson for and the new Dutch guy can both take sons place simply for the fact that son has been and was again very poor. Danjuma or Lucas have the ability to do more than fail to control the ball for a start, and could allow us to switch to a proper 3 man midfield.

Conte was infamous for failing to change things up till it's to late before he came to us.

We saw sarr and skipp looking great tonight but when have you seen Conte start or bring them on with less than to 10 to gg0

Saar and Skip played really well. Unfortunately a team is chosen on a weeks training. The game is only 90m long and we only see that. Conté has numerous cups to his name, I believe we need to trust him and allow him to do what he believes in

The most disappointing thing about this match is that we didn't have a meaningful shot on target. Dier fucked up two headers that could have easily been goals, and Emerson had a long shot that ended up being an easy save for the Milan goalkeeper.

If you replaced Son and Kulu for Bale and Lennon we would have ripped them a new arse. We need speed back in those wide areas again.
I disagree, because in the Conte system Bale and Lennon would be expected to drop into midfield and pick up the ball from the defence with their backs to goal and start the attack. Their pace would do nothing and they would get kicked to shit just like Kulu and Son do.

The system doesn't allow our 'wide' men to get into areas of 1v1s or to get in behind, they are essentially auxiliary central midfielders for the majority of the game.

I disagree, because in the Conte system Bale and Lennon would be expected to drop into midfield and pick up the ball from the defence with their backs to goal and start the attack. Their pace would do nothing and they would get kicked to shit just like Kulu and Son do.

The system doesn't allow our 'wide' men to get into areas of 1v1s or to get in behind, they are essentially auxiliary central midfielders for the majority of the game.
Then our wingbacks should have pace and 1v1 ability. Perisic and Emerson don’t.

I think some of that 20 yards higher up was due to AC being so deep. When they pushed up and got balls into our box we struggled.

Fair point, but I still thought there was more intensity to our work off the ball last night and I still think that helped condense the pitch for us, something we really struggle to do normally.

Just look at the Leicester game.

Thanks for the lesson. Its appreciated.

Still doesn't answer the question. Are you being paid (Phew I got it right) to keep bashing Conté?

You are very welcome.

Nope. I wish I was then I really would bash him. It’d be worth my time then.

I used to be pro-Conte. I’m not anymore.

Both him and ENIC need to go.

Don’t like that opinion? Tough titties!

Back
Top Bottom