AC Milan v Tottenham Hotspur at the mighty San Siro. Champions League RO16 1st Leg. 14/2/23 20:00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is this "Levy Masterclass" nonsense about because we have no creative MF? What the fuck would Conte do with a creative MF? Leave it on the bench, thats what. Massive difference that would make.
Remember he wanted a rwb more than anything else. We got one and sat on the bench while gane. Even royal put in a competent shift doesn’t mean he cant be improved. Do only sub players who are dog shite. Porro May offered something going forward in the last 20. Royal dies t offer creativity or assist. His crossing and passing is still as shit as before. He never overlaps or attempt to beat a man. A pre req for a decent WB.
Anyway main point is should have either bought a CD or creative midfiekder instead of porro. Just imagine a game changer on the bench. We have no one. I don’t richarlison as offers nothing and danjuna had 10 mins and hardly got the ball bco davies came on. Gil would have run around, hit on the ball and tried to commit players. Same for Lucas at least he runs about a bit and is good in the air.

Should have been sent off today for that challenge.
Stupid challenge again in no man’s land. Why go in like that near half way line. Stand tall and just ducking breath down their neck. His think as two short planks along with a lot our players. No intelligence like when lengket goes into the keeper knowing his never gonna get the ball. Guess what keeper stays down for 4 fucking minutes. You know these risers are gonna waste time so why do something totally unnecessary ? 2nd leg will be the same. The coaches to should make sure don’t make stupid challenges as they will go down like being shot and waste time.

Absolutely no creativity just hoping for Kane to dig us out again.
That’s all there is in contes set up. 2 seasons of royal at rwb and he hasn’t realised the guy is not gonna offer any creativity on that side. Peri for all his faults can actually do step overs and put decent crosses in. However he can’t play every game. Need to go back to back 4, 4 in midfield and two up top.

He is constantly being played out of position (most of the reason out of the RW) and brought on with 15 minutes left.

What are you really expecting in those circumstances?
Don’t care where he plays for £60M I’d expect a bit quality on the ball. Agree about minutes but that is on our dumb arse manager.

The scrapping of the away goal rule has really helped our cause tbf.

Milanny
Not sure it makes any diff as we need to win by 2 goals. If we got an away goal then 1-1, last night would set us through with a 0-0 at home. Even 1-0. Now we have to score at least 2 goals. Hevean forbid ending 1-0 and pens. What would conte do? He is the biggest cockles bottle job!

I agree and his challenge wasn’t good but our whole back line sold down the river by Lenglet

Shocking game alongside Dier
Thought lengket was ok and look to pass and move forward unlike the other two who enjoy passing the ball between themselves most of the time.

I really like the one where we pack the box for a free kick on the right. Royle stands over it. A player runs left and the ball is tapped 5 yards to the player running away, superb stuff.

To be fair overall this season we have improved on set plays.
That normally ends up back with our keeper. Just like our throw ins deep in oppo half. We throw it backwards to defenders. Who then give it all the way back to goalie.

Emerson definitely tried, and did well I thought. Richarlison too once he came on.
Tried is not good enough! That is the fucking minimum you’d expect. Need to offer quality on the ball. In such an import position for conte rwb he does meet fit the remit. I’m not saying his crap but his not good enough for a conte system rwb. I’d prefer he play rcb and play Porro as rwb. If we’ve paid £40M big ones for him bcos wiggy wanted him then surely he has to play. If not then serous questions have to be asked of him and pat. In the week where baldy says we to spend better conte and Pat contrive to stitch us up.

Not with this negative cunt in charge!!

Get Arry in for the rest of the season

:harryhmm:
I was thinking we are not gonna be relegated so why not just crazy bielsa fir remainder of season. It sure would be fun. Get poch next to him as his one his diciples. Surely got to better than conte and his stooges!

There was some positives to take out of that game. Having two CM’s who have gears other than plod for a start.

Sarr and Skipp gave us some energy and dynamism both with and without the ball. Both of them were able to press the ball constantly and cover ground - vital if you are playing a cm2 - and that’s the most second ball winning I’ve seen from us all season. We played the whole game about 20 yards further up the pitch because we had legs and energy in midfield.

They both also kept moving to receive the ball. Refreshing.I was very impressed by Sarr.

As with Gil when Kilusevski was out and he was finally given a chance and did ok. These two would not have seen daylight if not for circumstances forced on Conte.

As for Kulusevski, I think he's been ropey for weeks now and we are seeing perhaps why he was deemed sellable by Juve. For a team that plays on the break, and you can get him isolated and face up against a defender he's decent, but in tight compressed spaces he bumbles about with the best of them.

I think it was a massive fuck up sending Gil out on loan with no real alternative to Kulusevski's remit.

It was also another 80 minutes of largely bumbling nothingness from Son. But I'm more angry with Conte for continually picking him and also asking him to to do stuff that he's incapable of. Like controlling a ball in midfield. Kane was also pretty meh tonight and seems to have reached the twighlight Messi walk everywhere stage of his career. Be nice if he lead the press occasionally.

I said in the transfer thread that LB/LWB is even more dire situation that RB/RWB was. It still is. We literally don't have one who can defend and neither Peresic or Sessegnon really bring much offensively, the odd cross from Peresic aside.

Up to the last 25 metres of pitch there was still some decent stuff, We pushed up, pressed all across the pitch and won the ball back quickly. Didn't allow the game to become open and chaotic. Probably the best we've played without the ball all season. Lenglet and Emerson were also OK.
I think some of that 20 yards higher up was due to AC being so deep. When they pushed up and got balls into our box we struggled.

Not sure it makes any diff as we need to win by 2 goals. If we got an away goal then 1-1, last night would set us through with a 0-0 at home. Even 1-0. Now we have to score at least 2 goals. Hevean forbid ending 1-0 and pens. What would conte do? He is the biggest cockles bottle job!
Conte isn't allowed to take penalties if it goes to that, it's the rules.

The last 3 managers have been peas in a pod. Set the team to cede possession and stretch out the opposition then rely on breakaway attacks to nick a win. The problem is that the only two defenders who could manage that plan got old and we're sold off. Our games are now eyeball melting horror shows where the result is like watching Russian roulette and we constantly look like we are getting battered, by everyone - even lower league cup games look like defeats.
All you armchair experts who bayed for Pochettino's dismissal must be squirming in your knickers now - this is the future you screamed out for.

If only there was an attack minded manager who has the experience to produce a possession based team, coupled with a tight defence who was available right now.

Wouldn't that be great?

Yeah the guy personally mentioned Davies snd Dier. I agree most were very poor but some posters just can’t see beyond their pre determined views

To slag Dier & Davies in this game and not mention Romero and the ever non-existent defensive presence of Lenglet is bullshit

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom