#1882thfc Maribor. 8th November 2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You could hear a pin drop from 37 miles in the fecking Paxton. I was sat in front of a group of real "Hooray Henry"'s, chatting about nice places to go for lunch in Nice, but frowning at people who sang, stood up [If you love Tottenham or hate Woolwich] or otherwise deemed it necessary to disturb their slumber. Embarrassing.

That was a touch of class. Well done to the H/J crowd for stimulating a lot of the atmosphere.

P.S. Baddiel is a cunt for that article.

in that case you would have heard some fools alarm clock that went off for about 10 mins.

baddiel's always been a cunt as i'm sure Jason Lee will testify

I did cringe a bit when the "you used to sing down there" chant went up, although a fair few in the PL took it well and sang back I expected quite a few to be pissed off by that

Fuck 'em. If they can't sing how is it our problem?
Exactly. People are so easily 'offended' these days - they're grown men/women after all. It's a bit of banter, so glad that some of them gave it back :)

I'm keeping my tickets for all these '1882' games - it feels great to be part of something that actually takes a stand against modern football. Too many pushovers in this country and it's a great credit to the Fighting Cock team for setting it up and everyone else to come along.

Fuck 'em. If they can't sing how is it our problem?
lol I agree to a certain extent but end of the day the vast majority of the PL are their week in week out and are the hardcore of our support and taking the piss out of them (even though it was sort of a joke) felt a bit muggy but that might have just been me. From what I heard/saw last night they seemed to be in good voice anyway which will hopefully carry on.

lol I agree to a certain extent but end of the day the vast majority of the PL are their week in week out and are the hardcore of our support and taking the piss out of them (even though it was sort of a joke) felt a bit muggy but that might have just been me. From what I heard/saw last night they seemed to be in good voice anyway which will hopefully carry on.
Most of us go week in/week out as well, two sides to a coin and all that. Tbf, it's not like we were actually abusing them.

Anyway, games like last night make me want to attend 'normal' home games less and less. The 1882 and away games are the only times I really get excited for matches.

Anyway, games like last night make me want to attend 'normal' home games less and less. The 1882 and away games are the only times I really get excited for matches.
It should have the reverse effect, I didn't want to go to another home game after Wigan last week. Then I realised I had to try and be part of the change as opposed to lamenting it and weakening my ability to try and do something about it. I'm sure there's a few people on here who go to games alone (those without a ST), hopefully a few of you guys will order tickets together from here on in, start up a few songs, galvanise a block, provide a knock-on effect.

As I've said elsewhere, it's a shame we don't have a home game at the weekend because we could've built on last night, I don't think we'll need any encouraging for West Ham though.

this post's a bit faint 'cos i've lost my voice.
i'm fucked off no one joined in with my 'archibald, archibald, archibald' chants.
bunch of nouveau-philistines.

Anyone who takes offence to our own fans singing can suck a bag of dicks as far as I'm concerned. Cunts like that don't deserve to be at the Lane. I'm sure they booed loud and proud on Saturday.

One of the greatest things about our fans in the past, we have always been pretty self deprecating and been able to enjoy ourselves whatever is happening on the pitch. It's good to see that coming back, those who don't like it can sod off.

Edit: Also, for there is no difference between the songs last night and when we constantly berate the Paxton for not singing, IMO.

DonGorgon, I've not used it in years, recognised DeadlyDemon DeadlyDemon as well.
Good to see you're still about mate. Top effort on here. Didn't realise it was you till SL said something mind.

I'm coming to the next 1882 match regardless...
...and so, it would seem, are many others!

We're gonna need a bigger block!
Great to see things picking up massively.
As fantastic as Charlton looked (I didn't go) and Barcelona was it makes a difference being a first team game.

Not that I'd be opposed to doing another FA Youth Cup Game/Under 21 or Next Gen game.

I think overall though even if it annoyed a few last night can only be an encouraging sign with so many having took notice of the noise in Block J.

Someone mentioned it further back but there was also credit to them throughout the game. Applauses every time they returned "we're the park Lane".

I thought their response to the "you never sing down there" was brilliant and showed some did take it in a light-hearted way.

It might have riled a few but the intent was right imo, we want the Park Lane singing. Likewise the Paxton.

Thelonious touched on it on the Wigan game and I felt exactly the same after the Norwich game. Fortunately the Barca game followed Norwich.

Watching the game from Australia - you guys could be heard loud and clear through the tv speakers and sounded fantastic.

It is amazing what a bit of positive vocal support can do to lift the mood of the stadium - and the lane looked like a fun place to be yesterday.

Cant wait to join you guys when I am back in London in January

1882 is getting a lot of great talk over at SpursCommunity - so keep up the good work fellas.

Anyone record the game? Would love to actually watch it. There was so much going on last night I couldn't really focus on the match!

Was the best game I've been too. Without doubt. Don't get to go often but nights like last night make up for it. Ended up sharing a seat with 1882 1882 in the second half for the brief seconds we were sat down. Barca was good but this was something else. Loved the 'There's are famous atmosphere' chants being greeted with applause and worshipping from some of the park lane.

Does that technically make us man & wife then...? A wonderful night, you were a real gentleman! Let's go somewhere quieter next time though eh? :ossie:

Back
Top Bottom