#1882thfc Maribor. 8th November 2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It should have the reverse effect, I didn't want to go to another home game after Wigan last week. Then I realised I had to try and be part of the change as opposed to lamenting it and weakening my ability to try and do something about it. I'm sure there's a few people on here who go to games alone (those without a ST), hopefully a few of you guys will order tickets together from here on in, start up a few songs, galvanise a block, provide a knock-on effect.

As I've said elsewhere, it's a shame we don't have a home game at the weekend because we could've built on last night, I don't think we'll need any encouraging for West Ham though.
I'm a student with limited income - so I'd rather prioritise games that I'd get the most enjoyment from. Every home game I turn up to I always try to sing throughout the match so nothing has changed in that respect.

I see what you mean though, and if these sorts of 'displays' of support carry on then at least the poisenous (that's what it has become at time) atmosphere at the Lane can be curtailed and become positive. It doesn't matter if we're not the best supporters in the country, we just need to get behind the club, players and manager and not boo them 10 games into the season.

I was in the west lower and the amount of noise coming from 1882 was the bollocks. Well done boys. Top game, great atmosphere. That was how Spurs should ALWAYS be.

this post's a bit faint 'cos i've lost my voice.
i'm fucked off no one joined in with my 'archibald, archibald, archibald' chants.
bunch of nouveau-philistines.

was that you?! Hahahaha! I was row in front of you and kept laughing at you! Leant over and started the one about being a poor little yiddo standing at the back of The Shelf

I was in the Park Lane, but y'all sounded tremendous. I tried to keep the spirit going, but was unfortunately was surrounded by moany, poisonous shitbags.

On the plus side, I won £35 (Defoe hat-trick at 7-1) and on the way back from the Brickies in a taxi with @ bazspurs bazspurs @ tehTrunk tehTrunk and @ GingerTom GingerTom we were right behind Adebayor. Got him to roll down his window for a little wave.
that was so funny! He wasn't best pleased... EM07 ADE is probably slightly arrogant for a reg plate

was that you?! Hahahaha! I was row in front of you and kept laughing at you! Leant over and started the one about being a poor little yiddo standing at the back of The Shelf
nice one.
steve_archibald.jpg

I honestly meant to join in with an Archibald-inspired 'We'll take more care of you...' song to help out, but I think we must've scored, and in all the pandemonium, and Nicola Berti fascination, I kinda forgot... next time, promise, we'll start with ALL the '80s classics!

Oh, btw, thanks to everyone who joined in with my 'God Save our Ledley King' ditty... that's the most that have ever sung it at the Lane (well, any more than just me would've constituted 'most' ...so I was already onto a winner at 2 people!)

Oh, btw, thanks to everyone who joined in with my 'God Save our Ledley King' ditty... that's the most that have ever sung it at the Lane (well, any more than just me would've constituted 'most' ...so I was already onto a winner at 2 people!)

I thought that got going pretty well, I remember saying something to you in the pub before the game about how we had to get that going (whilst having my pockets filled with ticker tape).

Was good to hear people joining in with it.

I honestly meant to join in with an Archibald-inspired 'We'll take more care of you...' song to help out, but I think we must've scored, and in all the pandemonium, and Nicola Berti fascination, I kinda forgot... next time, promise, we'll start with ALL the '80s classics!

I joined in with that, loved it! tehTrunk tehTrunk next to me enjoyed it to I reckon :defoe2:

Back
Top Bottom