#1882thfc Maribor. 8th November 2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely superb night, as soon as I got to my seat and Tarrico (I think that's the name) off of here said to me "What's your username on the forum?" I thought, fucking ace, everyone here is from TFC. Superb effort, we have to do this much more often. Sitting metres from Mabbutt nearly gave me a lob on.

Didn't sound faint at the time lol. Im sure my colleagues will hear it every time I scratch out a word or two tomorrow. Genuinely can't speak at the moment.

So, I missed our first 2 goals through singing, my voice is absolutely gone to shreds and I'm feel like shit on the long train back to Leeds.
But this night was absolutely incredible, especially the concluding half an hour.
Hats of to everyone that came and watched us 'defiantly', this is what it's about. Yids x

Absolute pure quality. This is the best experience i've ever had at White Hart Lane. Every game should be like this. But then again, We're Tottenham Hotspur, we'll sing what we want.

SWEDE-ARMY!!;)

Good to meet you mate. I owe you for the cat-mouth shit

If WHL has been a stagnating fishtank starved of the oxygen of success and neglected by true fans, with slime covering the glass and snails multiplying daily, then Block J tonight was a welcome fizz of bubbles from a tank aerator, which oxygenated the tank and gave the choking fish swimming around in the middle a breath of air, and brought them to life to a degree, although some credit has to go to the team and the manager of course.

Well done TFC, you made me proud to be a Spurs fan tonight, it was truly the best game of the season so far. Some priceless songs I heard were "Park Lane, give us a song" and "We're Tottenham Hotspur, we sing for the shirt".

I was hoping the 1882 spirit would be infectious and it was to a degree, the whole stadium was singing at times, but the Paxton Lower is the oppsite end of the tank, dark evil dank things lurk there, only stirring when we leak a stupid goal to call Lloris a fucking wanker, and tell him that's why he's not playing on Saturday (it's not even on Saturday this week you moron), another to shout "Run Bale, you dick!", and another cried out "Fucking hell, Dempsey" when he made some minor mistake and lost possession. Yes, even 3:1 up isn't enough to rouse these bottom-dwellers to fucking SING a bit.

Got myself into an argument with them tonight, I asked if they actually supported this team after the Lloris mistake, one guy said "Yea, I've supported Spurs for 10 years, but those guys earn 60k a week and you have to admit that was shit". I just pleaded with him to sing a bit, and left it at that

Sang with you lot on my own with a couple of others for 92 minutes. And then I let the side down because I had a 2 hour journey back to Kent and I didn't want to miss the last train, so me and my father-in-law left after 2 minutes of added time, and got cat-called "We can see you sneaking out" and a grin, not sure if it was smug or cheeky, hope cheeky though....

@8colespurs8 you were legendary tonight fella, good work

Too kind pal! As were you and everyone else!

Fucking quality night! Brilliant to meet people too. Met YidoBuckler YidoBuckler Park Lane James Park Lane James and 1882 1882 ! Had the pleasure of being a row or 2 in front of Thelonious Thelonious and Flav Flav and sat/stood next to tehTrunk tehTrunk

Some fantastic songs, constant mugging of our beloved PL and 100's of others. Genuinely don't think we stopped singing at all! Voice is DEAD. I had to correct someone on Twitter as to the Levy chant too!

Tweeted @LoveTheShirt but didn't get an RT?! :klinsmann:

Anyway, well done everyone involved, especially the now famous TFC lads.

COYS

It really did make me laugh that us singing at the steward who looked like Daniel Levy made it into the national press because they thought we were singing the praises of Levy himself :avblol:

Oh well, it's a positive piece of news for the club, so even if it's incorrect, I don't care.

Back
Top Bottom