#1882thfc Maribor. 8th November 2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quality game, great counter-attacking football and Carroll played some really sweet passes. You 1882 lads did us proud tonight; fuckload of strepsils are going to be needed after that effort! COYS

The major difference. It was so rewarding to go for the jugular...still looking to score right the way through to the last minute.

We really needed that. Win, performance, tactics, atmosphere.

Was a really great game, has lifted me for the weekend, previously was shitting it, now I'm still shitting it but excited too :baletroll:

Well done the 1882 lads.....singing at the end for AVB while the Paxton did their best fire drill rehearsal
Although we are all singing the same song, some of the congregation are on different pages, it needs a few good results and fluidity to have everyone in the same mindset. Bring on the league and let's get back on track.

Looked very good tonight. Only two changes I would make for city would be Huddlestone off for Sandro and Dawson off for Caulker. Love Tommy Carroll, really keeps the ball moving and doesn't give it away. Another player I've really enjoyed is Naughton. Despite the miserable back pass tonight I thought he was excellent throughout. Likes to go forward, smart in possession, high work rate, intelligent player, and very capable passer.

Last but not least, fantastic atmosphere from the 1882 lads. Hope everyone had a good time.

Looked very good tonight. Only two changes I would make for city would be Huddlestone off for Sandro and Dawson off for Caulker. Love Tommy Carroll, really keeps the ball moving and doesn't give it away. Another player I've really enjoyed is Naughton. Despite the miserable back pass tonight I thought he was excellent throughout. Likes to go forward, smart in possession, high work rate, intelligent player, and very capable passer.

Last but not least, fantastic atmosphere from the 1882 lads. Hope everyone had a good time.

Do you think Carroll is ready for City? I would probably stick with Hudd and Sandro

Do you think Carroll is ready for City? I would probably stick with Hudd and Sandro

The thought of Yaya Toure trampling him to death definitely makes me reconsider but I would still play him. Carroll has been much more impressive than Huddlestone so far this season. Still, I'd almost guarantee Huddlestone plays and I don't have a problem with it. Playing Carroll would be a large risk, but one that I think could pay off.

On a little flashback from tonight! That conceeded goal... Yes Hugo could've tried to smack it away, but would more likely than not have ended up hitting the striker and getting the same result. We here at Tottenham want the audacious, well, Hugo tried to do the audacious. Tonight he failed, tomorrow he'll succeed!

The thought of Yaya Toure trampling him to death definitely makes me reconsider but I would still play him. Carroll has been much more impressive than Huddlestone so far this season. Still, I'd almost guarantee Huddlestone plays and I don't have a problem with it. Playing Carroll would be a large risk, but one that I think could pay off.

Im against starting him, but 100% see your point. It would certainly be interesting..

Saw a ton of familiar faces again today and the guy in the blue Lacoste polo - YIDO YIDO YIDO!

Im against starting him, but 100% see your point. It would certainly be interesting..

Yeah, I don't think he would go out and dick Man Citeh or anything. If Huddlestone plays I think he will play average and that will be that. However, with Carroll I think we are much stronger going forward. He could possibly be a liability but if he plays up to his ability our potential as a squad would be higher.

Adebayor, welcome back to the side. Linkup and creative play was imperative and top notch today. Really good to see. :adegrin2: We're going to need a Tommy Carroll smiley here. The kid was brilliant today.

Good win and good momentum builder tonight. It'll be interesting to see if AVB keeps this 4-5-1/4-4-2 on the go or opts to switch once he has some other players healthy. Finally, big ups to everybody who was there singing tonight. I was in my basement on the other side of the Atlantic joining in and it was some impressive stuff :avbscream: :dawson: :bale2:

Back
Top Bottom