#1882thfc Maribor. 8th November 2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1352410971691.gif

To be fair the club aren't telling us to be quiet. They're telling us not to stand up. Have sat up there before and it's fucking tight and steep so I don't blame them.
Yeah it's easier to sing and create an atmosphere when standing up but we'll jut have to shout twice as loud.
It's fantastic that the club are communicating with you guys at this point. At the moment we seem to be on the early stages of a gradual move towards a designated 'hardcore' area, potentially even safe standing. We have a responsibility to the TFC members, other fans and fans of the future not to fuck it up in its infancy, so at this stage I'm prepared to do whatever the club has asked.
Patience is a virtue guys

Drank a lot of gin before the match. Missed the last train back to Portsmouth. Slept rough outside Guildford train station with a fucking newspaper covering my back. kdjbfkbds

I remember a couple of people chatting to me about the Fighting Cock but don't exactly know who they were (sorry about that - I'm a right state at matches) Anyway... cracking night - I don't think I watched any of the action on the pitch though

I'm a long time season ticket holder (20 odd years) and currently working in Asia, bit of a lurker when it comes to forums, but I want to say as my first post on here that the 1882 is the most inspiring idea to be created by Spurs fans in a long, long while.

Spending some time away from Spurs (just over 3 years now) apart from the odd game over Xmas and a holiday here and there definitely makes the heart grow fonder and I'm virtually counting the days until the Xmas holidays when I can get back and to some games. Maybe some of the boo-boys need some time away from the club to make them appreciate what they have.

We have a very loyal and large fan-base, but it is ageing and gradually becoming more cynical and lazy, especially at the Lane. I've noticed the variety of songs sung dwindling over the years to the point now where our repertoire is pretty old, boring and repetitive. We are put to shame but many other clubs on this front. Couple the disappointment of last season with the lofty expectancy and fidgety uncertainty of this season and you have a dispiriting situation in the stands at WHL.

From what I read and know, there are many thousands at WHL that want to sing and support the team in the way that 1882 stands for, unwavering, vocal, the right way. It's a question of galvanising the support and becoming a focal point for change and improvement.

So good luck to the 1882 on Thursday, sing up, start something important and make going to the games special again.

If you can have the atmosphere sorted by the time I get back to the UK in 18 months or so I would be grateful, thanks! :ade:

It must have been them who started chanting after we conceded which sadly came as a surprise. After the horror show from some of our supporters on Saturday this was great to see.

This.

Honestly, tonight you all proved that it DOES make a difference when you sing for the shirt.

Okay. The club have suspended those blocks in light of us block buying tickets there.

However they haven't kiboshed 1882. We've got a meeting with them tomorrow at Tottenham. They want to know how many tickets we will need so they can properly steward the area. They're concerned about people who already have STs in that area. It seems that this could have been avoided if the club had agreed to allocate a block to us like they did for Barca.

One way or another we will sort this tomorrow.

I like the idea that you're the actual Europa League trophy and somehow, through some sort of magic, you can post on internet forums.

this post's a bit faint 'cos i've lost my voice.
i'm fucked off no one joined in with my 'archibald, archibald, archibald' chants.
bunch of nouveau-philistines.

What the fuck. Haven't been on here all day and when I have a read, block j is all but sold out and some geezer's telling everyone how sexy his mum is. This forum's class.

Booked tickets yesterday, row 15. wohoo! Moving to London from Sweden next week, the 1882 project sounds like a terrific movement.

Been to WHL 4 times before, and I'm also attending the games v Chelsea & Wigan at home. I've never experienced that great atmosphere some of you are talking about during my previous visits. Hopefully, the clash against Chelsea will get the crowd going, but if not, then let the "J section" v Maribor blow my mind!

@8colespurs8 you were legendary tonight fella, good work

Too kind pal! As were you and everyone else!

Fucking quality night! Brilliant to meet people too. Met YidoBuckler YidoBuckler Park Lane James Park Lane James and 1882 1882 ! Had the pleasure of being a row or 2 in front of Thelonious Thelonious and Flav Flav and sat/stood next to tehTrunk tehTrunk

Some fantastic songs, constant mugging of our beloved PL and 100's of others. Genuinely don't think we stopped singing at all! Voice is DEAD. I had to correct someone on Twitter as to the Levy chant too!

Tweeted @LoveTheShirt but didn't get an RT?! :klinsmann:

Anyway, well done everyone involved, especially the now famous TFC lads.

COYS

Back
Top Bottom