#1882thfc Maribor. 8th November 2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I had a bag of it taken off me at the gate... I MEAN IT'S NEWSPAPER FFS! mind you, it was a fucking big bag, so what did I expect...? glad I managed to hand some of it out in the Brickies.

Great to meet you all last night... 'twas pure quality!

btw, continuing the singing when Maribor equalised before half-time was the key to what this is all about... there's many a game when conceding an equalising goal so close to HT would've been met with groans and boos, and the inevitable 2nd half confidence-sapped collapse... there was never any chance of that happening last night with TFC1882 in town... and I was proud to be IN THAT NUMBER!
hold on, you were the fella with the carrier bag in the Brickies??? :bow: Legend!

Hello all, I'm fresh out of the box from another forum (TH.TV) but have purposely signed up on here simply to say a massive 'hats off' to the '1882 movement' which has been all over the other forum today after last nights fantastic support at the Maribor game.

Things have been a bit tricky at home this season and your support last night was an enormous factor in the whole atmosphere and probably the success on the pitch. Nice one.

Great noise last night, really refreshing to hear proper support at the Lane as opposed to the usual moans and groans this season. Keep up the good work.

Oh Hi everyone by the way, really pleased to join this forum :)

is there no means of getting the videos off your phone to a PC? You can upload to twitvid.

You were a fucking legend yesterday mate! :bow:

I'm going to do that the moment I get home pal!

Thank you very much mate, genuinely means a lot! The moment I walked up the stairs into the block and heard the noise it was like I'd died and gone to my version of heaven. Thanks again, you as well of course!

Look out for me every game in PL! Can't wait for the next one

Mail online used this picture from last night in an article, this seems to have been taken before the game.
article-0-15EC7F60000005DC-836_634x396.jpg

Article link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...chanting-Yid-Army-sustains-anti-Semitism.html

...while I'm at it does anyone know who owns this....
coz I'd like to thank them too! During the lock-in after Inter Milan away we started singing 'can't smile without you' at least those of us that weren't suffering altitude sickness and knew the words did (lol) and it was a refreshing change from all the usual chants! So thanks to you as well.

I was in the Park Lane, but y'all sounded tremendous. I tried to keep the spirit going, but was unfortunately was surrounded by moany, poisonous shitbags.

On the plus side, I won £35 (Defoe hat-trick at 7-1) and on the way back from the Brickies in a taxi with @ bazspurs bazspurs @ tehTrunk tehTrunk and @ GingerTom GingerTom we were right behind Adebayor. Got him to roll down his window for a little wave.

What a night, best Spurs experience of my life no doubt. Got a great video (i think) including Can't smile without you, Nicola Berti and Defoes second goal! Nice to meet @8colespurs8 as well.

Throat feels like I've been sucking off a wooden log now though.

I was in block j. It was mental. Loved every minute of it. Credit to the the Fighting Cock guys for organising . We were non-stop for 90 minutes. Even Park Lane were applauding the effort

--------------------------------------

Brilliant effort by them especially against a team like Maribor, fair play.

I take it the "sing what we want" was in reference to baddiel and the racist thing?

We need this lot in every week. Set a block aside.

Sounded great on the radio, top effort guys, well done!

Hats off to the 1882 guys.

Hopefully it's gains momentum and the atmosphere returns.

A Celtic friend of mine said their atmosphere was dead until their 'Green Brigade' began and they have turned it around leading the whole ground at times. As anyone who saw their game last night witnessed.

Massive respect to the 1882 crew. The difference between the crowds effect on the players compared with the wigan game must be immense. Players are cheered on for trying things versus groans and silence. A dream scenario would be a standing section for the kop end of the new stadium and fill it to the top with these lads. It would be like having an extra player on the field for every home game.

So much better tonight. Wish they were there every game. 'Let's pretend we scored a goal' the chant of the night for me

It must have been them who started chanting after we conceded which sadly came as a surprise. After the horror show from some of our supporters on Saturday this was great to see.

Best song of the night IMO was 'you're not singing Maribor' !

Well I laughed.

It certainly rubbed off on the players, great effort.

A big thank you to all involved who determined to sing from start to finish. I hope this movement grows and get the bloody drum back.
Please, let's keep the momentum up and get WHL back to what it used to be "great fans, mediocre football" (except the mediocre bit)

I was in the Park Lane tonight and the ShelfSide started every song, was amazing and for my first european experience was perfect!!

This guy asking how to get involved, so I posted about this forum etc. Obviously we want to spread the word as much as possible, and not give the impression it's a closed shop for members of TFC only.

Should point out I loved the 'real fans don't boo sign' and was in block 34, sang along to everything but that corner was immense. Who are the 1882 lot and how di get involved? Haha.

And this is my post which was responding to various posts throughout the thread, most of which are above somewhere.

We're a group of lads who post on The Fighting Cock forum (well it started on there - it's spreading now) who all go regularly to WHL, but designate certain games where we all buy in the same block and sing our hearts out for 90 minutes, no matter what the score. Obviously this isn't possible for the big PL games, but the Europa League is perfect. We designated block J and all bought there. That block was the first to sell out in the whole ground. Go on the fighting cock website for info on future matches.

As was I. Probably my best ever night at WHL. I haven't got a voice left but it was so worth it. Absolutely unbelievable night.

Doing it against teams like Maribor is kind of the whole point. This is the 3rd "1882" game. The first was Charlton away in the FA Youth Cup last year, the second was Barca in the Next Gen a month or two back. The score doesn't matter, the performance doesn't matter, we just sing for the shirt.

Absolutely nothing to do with winning. Nothing at all.

I've kind of covered it in this post. It originated on this forum: http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/ and it still it predominantly members from there that go. However, the whole point is that is isn't a closed shop. The whole idea is that others get involved so it spreads, and eventually it isn't just one block singing, it's the whole ground. Keep an eye on that website for details of future 1882 games if you fancy buying in the designated blocks!

It's great that the movement is now getting a bit of exposure. In this post I may have come across as being a bit like it's a private group - a bit like it's us, then the rest. Not at all. The complete opposite in fact. Anyone who wants to sing their heart out for 2 hours no matter how the team is doing, is welcome. Follow @LoveTheShirt on twitter - that is the page run by the people who set the whole thing up.

All in all - a great success!

Edit: Oh FFS the quotes don't work!! I'm not going to go through and sort every one, but I'm sure you will all be clever enough to work out what's what!
Thanks a lot to whatever mod went through that post and sorted out all the quotes!

One of the best nights of my life.

Dont know anyone, but you were all superb. I love you all.

Lets pretend, Lets pretend, Lets pretend we scored a goal....... :avblol:

Pray to God this happens for Panathinaikos.

well done fellas, sounded good from the Paxton.

You could hear a pin drop from 37 miles in the fecking Paxton. I was sat in front of a group of real "Hooray Henry"'s, chatting about nice places to go for lunch in Nice, but frowning at people who sang, stood up [If you love Tottenham or hate Woolwich] or otherwise deemed it necessary to disturb their slumber. Embarrassing.

singing after they scored was excellent. this is whats needed a great night all round

That was a touch of class. Well done to the H/J crowd for stimulating a lot of the atmosphere.

P.S. Baddiel is a cunt for that article.

What a night, best Spurs experience of my life no doubt. Got a great video (i think) including Can't smile without you, Nicola Berti and Defoes second goal! Nice to meet @8colespurs8 as well.

Throat feels like I've been sucking off a wooden log now though.

Good to meet you too pal

Heard some cracking songs last night. Couple of original ones too, not the same old tunes, and then some great one off bits of banter.

"Bertie Mee said to AVB
Have you heard of North Bank Highbury
He said no I don't think so,
But I've heard of the Park Lane Yiddos."

Not sure what other songs are sung to that tune, or what the original tune is... can anyone help me out here who was there last night?

"Kyle Walker (Kyle Walker), Kyle Walker (Kyle Walker), dadaladadaldadaldaldaadaa"..... to the tune of 1:35 on here: ... was a great laugh singing that! Such a feel good tune, a bit like the VDV song.

Do do dooo Andre Villas Boas, do do dooo Andre Villas Boas - obviously not original, it's a copy of the Zokora song, but a feel good chant none the less!

1882 YIDS, 1882 YIDS, 1880 1880 1882 YIDS - knees up mother brown.

Let's pretend we've scored a goal is always fun. Doing it when we had the goal disallowed was a top idea!

You're not singing Maribor

You'll never beat the traffic

You used to sing down there

Also felt a great sense of pride singing "Here's our famous atmosphere" at full time.

Back
Top Bottom