#1882thfc Maribor. 8th November 2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Epic post time. I've got to split it across 2 posts because it's too long for 1!

This is just pretty much every post from that thread. The first 7 or 8 don't know about 1882, then someone mentioned it and it got a fair bit of attention. I've made the best quotes bigger.

--------------------------------------

Well done to everyone there tonight. Big improvement
smiley20.gif

Absolutely, very vocal tonight
SM_hulde.gif

Much better tonite

'We'll sing what we want'

Great support tonight. Liked the "Andre, give us a wave" chant at the end.

Fans played well.

sounded great today!

Credit to the 1882 boys. Every single song was them. Nothing elsewhere

Correct

South lower didn't want to know. Which the 1882 boys pointed out

Embarrassing

Complementary bagels on the house.

What a difference a supportive and cheerful crowd makes. Well done to everyone in attendance.

Well done the Fighting Cock 1882

Brilliant. The yid nonsense this week helped funnily enough IMO

They were superb, credit to club. Hope park & shelf follow suit

Spooky and co very loud and created an atmosphere.

Well done to all in the 1882 movement!

Sounded great even on my tv with shit sound

Most of the noise was by about 100 or so peeps in the corner of the upper east stand by be park lane. Didn't stop from beginning to end and got he stadium going. A proper bunch of mentalists (in a good way!) imo

No idea who they were though, that part of the stadium is always dead!

Nice one lads

from the very start it felt so much better (watching on tv)

Well done all, thanks for making it pleasurable again

I wish they could be there every game. It made such a difference tonight.

I was in block j. It was mental. Loved every minute of it. Credit to the the Fighting Cock guys for organising . We were non-stop for 90 minutes. Even Park Lane were applauding the effort

Brilliant effort by them especially against a team like Maribor, fair play.

I take it the "sing what we want" was in reference to baddiel and the racist thing?

We need this lot in every week. Set a block aside.

Sounded great on the radio, top effort guys, well done!

Hats off to the 1882 guys.

Hopefully it's gains momentum and the atmosphere returns.

A Celtic friend of mine said their atmosphere was dead until their 'Green Brigade' began and they have turned it around leading the whole ground at times. As anyone who saw their game last night witnessed.

Massive respect to the 1882 crew. The difference between the crowds effect on the players compared with the wigan game must be immense. Players are cheered on for trying things versus groans and silence. A dream scenario would be a standing section for the kop end of the new stadium and fill it to the top with these lads. It would be like having an extra player on the field for every home game.

So much better tonight. Wish they were there every game. 'Let's pretend we scored a goal' the chant of the night for me

It must have been them who started chanting after we conceded which sadly came as a surprise. After the horror show from some of our supporters on Saturday this was great to see.

Best song of the night IMO was 'you're not singing Maribor' !

Well I laughed.

It certainly rubbed off on the players, great effort.

A big thank you to all involved who determined to sing from start to finish. I hope this movement grows and get the bloody drum back.
Please, let's keep the momentum up and get WHL back to what it used to be "great fans, mediocre football" (except the mediocre bit)

I was in the Park Lane tonight and the ShelfSide started every song, was amazing and for my first european experience was perfect!!

This guy asking how to get involved, so I posted about this forum etc. Obviously we want to spread the word as much as possible, and not give the impression it's a closed shop for members of TFC only.

Should point out I loved the 'real fans don't boo sign' and was in block 34, sang along to everything but that corner was immense. Who are the 1882 lot and how di get involved? Haha.

And this is my post which was responding to various posts throughout the thread, most of which are above somewhere.

We're a group of lads who post on The Fighting Cock forum (well it started on there - it's spreading now) who all go regularly to WHL, but designate certain games where we all buy in the same block and sing our hearts out for 90 minutes, no matter what the score. Obviously this isn't possible for the big PL games, but the Europa League is perfect. We designated block J and all bought there. That block was the first to sell out in the whole ground. Go on the fighting cock website for info on future matches.

As was I. Probably my best ever night at WHL. I haven't got a voice left but it was so worth it. Absolutely unbelievable night.

Doing it against teams like Maribor is kind of the whole point. This is the 3rd "1882" game. The first was Charlton away in the FA Youth Cup last year, the second was Barca in the Next Gen a month or two back. The score doesn't matter, the performance doesn't matter, we just sing for the shirt.

Absolutely nothing to do with winning. Nothing at all.

I've kind of covered it in this post. It originated on this forum: http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/ and it still it predominantly members from there that go. However, the whole point is that is isn't a closed shop. The whole idea is that others get involved so it spreads, and eventually it isn't just one block singing, it's the whole ground. Keep an eye on that website for details of future 1882 games if you fancy buying in the designated blocks!

It's great that the movement is now getting a bit of exposure. In this post I may have come across as being a bit like it's a private group - a bit like it's us, then the rest. Not at all. The complete opposite in fact. Anyone who wants to sing their heart out for 2 hours no matter how the team is doing, is welcome. Follow @LoveTheShirt on twitter - that is the page run by the people who set the whole thing up.

All in all - a great success!

Edit: Oh FFS the quotes don't work!! I'm not going to go through and sort every one, but I'm sure you will all be clever enough to work out what's what!

It must have been them who started chanting after we conceded which sadly came as a surprise. After the horror show from some of our supporters on Saturday this was great to see.

This.

Honestly, tonight you all proved that it DOES make a difference when you sing for the shirt.

Btw too much to type about but cheers to all involved tonight, especially those on the pod!

Brilliant atmosphere through-out the night. Also therhinospeaks therhinospeaks and his mate are top, top lads.

Props to the steward that looked like Daniel Levy and well done Tom Carroll.

Another top night.

Atmosphere was brilliant from start to finish. My voice is pretty sore right now but completely worth it, as was getting home at 1 in the morning.

Some cracking songs too.
Daniel Levy steward - "only one Daniel Levy"
Someone posted the "You used to sing down there".. I thought the Park Lane's response "you've never sung up there" was quite good too.

One of my favourites on the night was the 1882 chant though. Bit of a tongue twister singing it that quickly but great to hear none the less.

More of the same up in Manchester on Sunday.

well done fellas, sounded good from the Paxton.
singing after they scored was excellent. this is whats needed a great night all round

Drank a lot of gin before the match. Missed the last train back to Portsmouth. Slept rough outside Guildford train station with a fucking newspaper covering my back. kdjbfkbds

I remember a couple of people chatting to me about the Fighting Cock but don't exactly know who they were (sorry about that - I'm a right state at matches) Anyway... cracking night - I don't think I watched any of the action on the pitch though

Back
Top Bottom