#1882thfc Maribor. 8th November 2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

you're from footballforums.net aren't you SpursLegend SpursLegend , thought I recognised the name

this is where the Bertie Mee song originates

A few older generation Spurs fans I know used to sing this on the trains to WHL (Busby was changed to Shankly for some reason, maybe we picked it up off Liverpool?) don't know if the United one or the Spurs one if the original tbh. Cracking song whatever way you look at it.

Heard some cracking songs last night. Couple of original ones too, not the same old tunes, and then some great one off bits of banter.

"Bertie Mee said to AVB
Have you heard of North Bank Highbury
He said no I don't think so,
But I've heard of the Park Lane Yiddos."

Not sure what other songs are sung to that tune, or what the original tune is... can anyone help me out here who was there last night?

"Kyle Walker (Kyle Walker), Kyle Walker (Kyle Walker), dadaladadaldadaldaldaadaa"..... to the tune of 1:35 on here: ... was a great laugh singing that! Such a feel good tune, a bit like the VDV song.

Do do dooo Andre Villas Boas, do do dooo Andre Villas Boas - obviously not original, it's a copy of the Zokora song, but a feel good chant none the less!

1882 YIDS, 1882 YIDS, 1880 1880 1882 YIDS - knees up mother brown.

Let's pretend we've scored a goal is always fun. Doing it when we had the goal disallowed was a top idea!

You're not singing Maribor

You'll never beat the traffic

You used to sing down there

Also felt a great sense of pride singing "Here's our famous atmosphere" at full time.

'Here's our famous atmosphere' was thought up by yours truly :D

:ninja: it was a decent forum tbf, I remember superyids being a bit of a nutcase.
He still is :D The key is to not take him too seriously though!

Not sure if you've posted since ShelfsideYido joined? He's very similar to Superyids, absolute nutter! He was there last night though (along with myself and DeadlyDemon - DD and ShelfsideYido were actually directly next to each other the whole game, but didn't realise until I posted the Daily Mail picture on FF, despite them both having 8000+ posts on the same forum :avbfacepalm:

He still is :D The key is to not take him too seriously though!

Not sure if you've posted since ShelfsideYido joined? He's very similar to Superyids, absolute nutter! He was there last night though (along with myself and DeadlyDemon - DD and ShelfsideYido were actually directly next to each other the whole game, but didn't realise until I posted the Daily Mail picture on FF, despite them both having 8000+ posts on the same forum :avbfacepalm:
I'm not sure I've seen him, at least superyids has company now! :avblol:

Observations from the park lane lower:
Firstly, cracking effort everyone. Constant noise and a few songs like 'let's pretend...' raise some laughs from people who'd clearly never witnessed that.
Have to say that actually the PL were quite vocal last night. It's just that you lot were so loud I don't think you picked up on it. Have to say a lot of the chants were picked up after 1882 lot started them so shows it can work. I was well jealous that I'd been too lazy to move my seats. Also think I missed you all in the bricklayers by about 5 mins.

HOWEVER...
I'm not sure the normal home support are quite ready for us yet.
There were a few people that were looking up at you singing about being here every week. Of course they didn't realise that many of you usually sit in the Pl lower or elsewhere.
Also not sure how well advised the 'you used to sing down there' chants were. For us TFC natives the intentions are clear but it actually served to rile up a lot of other fans. Many of whom were actually singing! It was almost like you guys were away fans in our own ground.

End of the day, being in one big organised group (that are pissed up!) is ways going to help make constant noise. Most other parts of the stadium don't have this. People tend to come in smaller groups. A good argument for a permanent, dedicated block I suppose.

I'm fully behind 1882 as you know but in the lead up there has been some talk of not being TOO hard line against our own fans.
Last night was very close to alienating some people I fear.

sorry to put a dampener on it. In general it was fuckig awesome!

HOWEVER...
I'm not sure the normal home support are quite ready for us yet.
There were a few people that were looking up at you singing about being here every week. Of course they didn't realise that many of you usually sit in the Pl lower or elsewhere.
Also not sure how well advised the 'you used to sing down there' chants were. For us TFC natives the intentions are clear but it actually served to rile up a lot of other fans. Many of whom were actually singing! It was almost like you guys were away fans in our own ground.

End of the day, being in one big organised group (that are pissed up!) is ways going to help make constant noise. Most other parts of the stadium don't have this. People tend to come in smaller groups. A good argument for a permanent, dedicated block I suppose.

I'm fully behind 1882 as you know but in the lead up there has been some talk of not being TOO hard line against our own fans.
Last night was very close to alienating some people I fear.

sorry to put a dampener on it. In general it was fuckig awesome!
All good points to make, and I agree.

However, by reading through other forums, twitter etc etc I've heard nothing but fantastic responses. I haven't seen a single bad word. Not to say I don't understand entirely where you are coming from though.

It was light hearted. There was plenty of clapping and chants of 'yiddos' to the Park Lane. I'd be surprised if anyone took offence. Plus I'd imagine the majority in block J sit in PL.

Yeah, a bit of care not to alienate other fans is probably called for though. I'm not sure calling fans that boo cunts is very helpful. Generally I think the response from other fans was really good but it would be really sad to have a 'them and us' feeling from other areas, considering the reason for doing it is the exact opposite.

Back
Top Bottom