Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How'd we do?
We didn,t lose bro Game of two halves 2_0 ended 2-2 sick as a parrot and all those tired old cliches .
sickParrot.gif

Yeah, I get the picture. But I said we shouldve signed Messi. So, I told you so! What are you saying Messi wouldnt have improved us today?

If you actually bothered to read the original conversation you would have realised then that I thought we needed to sign a striker. Anyway, I was bored of you then, I am still bored of you now. Case really needs to put a bored option instead of just disagree. I dont really disagree with what you say it is just dull and pointless. So please go off and bore someone else

You can have the Bored option for me, I'll take the Little Twat button as my choice.

dosen't undermine anything, im just not a fan of scapegoating.

If you're basing your opinion on MOTD highlights you may be interested to hear that their coverage did not show the repeated stupid fouls, losses of possession and misdirected passes which constituted Lamela's contribution today.

Edit: Oh, and a special thanks to Yorkshire Spurs for providing a link to the best stream I've ever seen. Just in time to enjoy the last half hour of the match.

What's all this bollocks about fitness levels? Sorry but if we're toothless as soon as Kane isn't there because of fitness levels then the manager is doing something wrong isn't he

I take it all back, we were really unlucky today. If Diouf had headered the ball properly at the end he would've put it straight at Lloris like he did the other two point blank efforts that he got.....ah hang on, I take it back again, lucky he hadn't already buried us!

Couldn't see the pen challenge from the Paxton end, just seen it on MOTD, clumsy but unlucky from Toby. I think he's a very decent player, let's see if we can knock that shit out of him!

In the last 3 games , we have scored 2 own goals and 1 conceded one penalty.This is a defensive problem. Alde
If you're basing your opinion on MOTD highlights you may be interested to hear that their coverage did not show the repeated stupid fouls, losses of possession and misdirected passes which constituted Lamela's contribution today.

Edit: Oh, and a special thanks to Yorkshire Spurs for providing a link to the best stream I've ever seen. Just in time to enjoy the last half hour of the match.

My view is that it is being taken out of context, he did play poorly and lose the ball, but the final errors that lead to us conceding were defensive, but no one mentions this. It is simply easier to blame one player than take into account the others that were just as responsible.

An own goal by chadli in the MLS game, we were two down in a short time. lazy pass by bentaleb that resulted in a kyle walker own goal against manu, alderwiereld penalty , stoke score with a cross with kyle walker once again ball watching.

The pattern for me here is yes, bench lamela or whatever but kyle walker is part of our defensive problem and so is Eric Dier, yes he is still learning his trade but this is what it costs to train and bed them at this level

The only time I have ever seen our defence actually drilled was under AVB but he obviously went in the extreme direction where the football became too negative. My concern is i dont see any defensive drilling or tactics under Pochettino

Back
Top Bottom