Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking maggot gooner CUNT

He's come here to crow

Fucking FUCK

FUCK YOU CUNT FUCK TURD

Me going mental when we were two up was me being a gooner eh?

You are using lost points to push your agenda to bin people you don't like. You seem like you are delighted jumping up and down pointing fingers.

I'm not popular but your tactics are paper thin. Stop rallying people to hate other Spurs fans. I'll talk tactics, you can keep poisoning the forum with your self made board monitor badge. Stop responding to me/quoting me.

You are ruining these threads.

Okay looking back at this game I think it's been the players fault first of all because they took the foot off the gas in the second half and that gave Stoke more confidence of going forward. The penalty was very unfortunate then we couldn't take control of the game and we conceded another.

We should expect these results though. Midtable clubs have improved massively this summer with quality players and they're not pushovers anymore. If we manage to keep our lead, because today it was the same old Spurs, then hopefully we can do better than the other top four teams.

I even said in the BPL predictions thread that Stoke were going to qualify for Europa. Considering the signings they brought in it is a possibility.

Yeah, you're right. All those people that thought we didn't need any signings were wrong, and you were absolutely correct. Unfortunately there are no people that thought we didn't need signings.Even Levy knows that we need signings. This is what is called a strawman argument, I know one of Sammy's favourite sayings. But what it actually means is when you accuse someone of thinking/saying something that they didn't say/think and then say that the results have proved that position incorrect. Find me someone who thinks that we dont need signings and we can all gang up on that person. Until then, just shut up with the 'told you so' bollocks. Its not fucking primary school. And especially don't do it two minutes after we have blown a victory. Otherwise you are likely to be called a melting little bitch.

Anybody calling me a melting little bitch is likely to be a blind-sheep prick who hasn't got a clue so it really doesn't bother me. My point is the signings needed to be BEFORE the start of the season as far as reasonably possible, not that we just need signings.

Plenty of people have done Levy's work for him with all the excuses as to why this is a near impossibility to do - fascinating really given the transfer window has seen about £550million spent before the season starts.

Also, if I could be bothered, I'd skim back and find where I've had an argument with somebody saying it'd be fine to go with Kane and Chadli alone as our striker cover!

That first half was fantastic. There is hope.
The hope being that Poch can squeeze greater fitness levels out of the starting XI so they can maintain the intensity for 90 minutes plus stoppage time, or at least have the personnel to come into the match & keep the pressure on. Alternatively, have a "different type of player" who could come into the game & offer the opposition a different tactical problem. Given time, I think Alli will be that player. What seems obvious from a pretty much unanimous point of view on here, is that Lamela wasn't or isn't. the highlights should be interesting

Kinda wierd how everyone is acting like this a defeat. Sure it was a crappy draw, but it could've been a lot worse. We could've got our best keeper red carded in a pathetic 2-2 draw at home. We could've lost 2-0 at home to a team that barely got promoted a few years ago. We could've been Sunderland.

Fuck me if that's the positives we should cling on to.

The hope being that Poch can squeeze greater fitness levels out of the starting XI so they can maintain the intensity for 90 minutes plus stoppage time, or at least have the personnel to come into the match & keep the pressure on. Alternatively, have a "different type of player" who could come into the game & offer the opposition a different tactical problem. Given time, I think Alli will be that player. What seems obvious from a pretty much unanimous point of view on here, is that Lamela wasn't or isn't. the highlights should be interesting

I think we are fit. Masons different due to a short preseason and Kane got injured. Mason also got a knock blocking a shot. Really brave.

I think it was bringing Lamela on to replace a tiger. The balance was gone and they steamrolled him.

I feel bad for Lamela. It's like asking Ginola to defend. It's not a good idea.

Anybody calling me a melting little bitch is likely to be a blind-sheep prick who hasn't got a clue so it really doesn't bother me. My point is the signings needed to be BEFORE the start of the season as far as reasonably possible, not that we just need signings.

Plenty of people have done Levy's work for him with all the excuses as to why this is a near impossibility to do - fascinating really given the transfer window has seen about £550million spent before the season starts.

Also, if I could be bothered, I'd skim back and find where I've had an argument with somebody saying it'd be fine to go with Kane and Chadli alone as our striker cover!
Yeah, I get the picture. But I said we shouldve signed Messi. So, I told you so! What are you saying Messi wouldnt have improved us today?

If you actually bothered to read the original conversation you would have realised then that I thought we needed to sign a striker. Anyway, I was bored of you then, I am still bored of you now. Case really needs to put a bored option instead of just disagree. I dont really disagree with what you say it is just dull and pointless. So please go off and bore someone else

Yeah, I get the picture. But I said we shouldve signed Messi. So, I told you so! What are you saying Messi wouldnt have improved us today?

If you actually bothered to read the original conversation you would have realised then that I thought we needed to sign a striker. Anyway, I was bored of you then, I am still bored of you now. Case really needs to put a bored option instead of just disagree. I dont really disagree with what you say it is just dull and pointless. So please go off and bore someone else
And would some Power give us the gift
To see ourselves as others see us!

Who the fuck do you think you are gob shite cunt ,you were the twat that jumped in on Joe Clash Joe Clash the last thing we need is a back stabbing calling for the bin cunt .

Back
Top Bottom