Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're in the bottom three of the TFC spelling bee.
don,t worry SydneySpur SydneySpur help is on the way
32c5a53502de1b2f_public-schools.gif

The only time I have ever seen our defence actually drilled was under AVB but he obviously went in the extreme direction where the football became too negative. My concern is i dont see any defensive drilling or tactics under Pochettino

Valid points, as are the ones in your previous post. Lamela can't be blamed for being an inadequate substitute for Kane. Although he was garbage today.
Poch cannot be blamed for not having a like for like for Kane on the bench today. Although Pritchard is now fit, so maybe he can.
All I know is that we waved the white flag while winning 2-0 and that indicates that there is something fundamentally wrong with the way the squad is being coached/managed.

In the last 3 games , we have scored 2 own goals and 1 conceded one penalty.This is a defensive problem. Alde

My view is that it is being taken out of context, he did play poorly and lose the ball, but the final errors that lead to us conceding were defensive, but no one mentions this. It is simply easier to blame one player than take into account the others that were just as responsible.

An own goal by chadli in the MLS game, we were two down in a short time. lazy pass by bentaleb that resulted in a kyle walker own goal against manu, alderwiereld penalty , stoke score with a cross with kyle walker once again ball watching.

The pattern for me here is yes, bench lamela or whatever but kyle walker is part of our defensive problem and so is Eric Dier, yes he is still learning his trade but this is what it costs to train and bed them at this level

Eric Dier is a midfielder ?

Hang on, if we're confused no wonder he is.

Valid points, as are the ones in your previous post. Lamela can't be blamed for being an inadequate substitute for Kane. Although he was garbage today.
Poch cannot be blamed for not having a like for like for Kane on the bench today. Although Pritchard is now fit, so maybe he can.
All I know is that we waved the white flag while winning 2-0 and that indicates that there is something fundamentally wrong with the way the squad is being coached/managed.

Pritchard like for like with Kane?

Lamela can just be blamed for being inadequate full-stop. I'm sorry, he's shit, happy to have him prove me wrong, over 2 years and counting.....

Watched some of Capoue's forward passing today, top quality compared to the side of him we hardly saw playing.

Watched Beharino's finish at the end.....we'll probably sign that side of him for sure.

I still maintain that Kane's sub should have been Bentaleb. Switch to a 4-3-3 (Dier, Bentaleb, Mason). Mason said himself that he's not fit and I'm sure Poch knew that was going to be an issue going into the match so drop Dembele into his position when it's time to pull off Mason. Put Carroll on up top either out wide or even in the middle as Mason's sub.

This is the first match in a while that I think that everyone in every different camp (#PochOut, #LevyOut, #PlayersOut) has a legit grievance. We had clear holes when it comes to players that should have been brough in, Poch made some pretty questionable decisions today, and our players capitulated after the penalty. Lamela was woeful and he actually did play a part in the second goal. He played extremely loose coverage and allowed acres of space to work with.

I haven't been as furious after a match in a very long time. It royally fucked up my Saturday. Thanks Obama.

Is "happy clapper" the knee-jerk melts getting their revenge?

Is slagging off players but ending it with "I'd love for him to prove me wrong I'll hold my hands up" etc the justification for being a fair-weather fan?

I'm fucking pissed with this result. fucking hell. It's time to spend the money. Unbelievable start the season with one fucking striker. Newcastle and qpr shit level of organization. I can't accept things like this.

Back
Top Bottom