Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He does but a lot of the times it’s bcos we have lost possesion in the oppo half. Normally defenders get motd when it’s a backs to the wall defensive performance. His getting motd when we have over 70% of the ball so something doesn’t add up.
Son got MOTM on the Prem website.

Where are you getting VDV being made MOTM?

yup.

whilst I wanted us to be a bit more creative in the final 3rd yesterday, Palace were set up very well and credit to them for keeping their shape and tracking our movement.

We did what good teams have to do. Keep the pressure on and force them into mistakes. I hate some people are taking that away from us.
I don’t like people say palace were well set up. Well we can also be well setup to counter that. How many ganes you think palace have won playing like that. Didn’t goons put 5 past them recently. It’s not a given that the way they setup against top teams is always going to work. They also had 3 key players out. Some on here moan about missing one player. Every team loses players but some here think we should never have injuries.

Looked too me that Udogie wasn't inverting as much and was a bit more risk averse than he usually is, Ben Davies played a lot more higher against Wolves for example.

Will need to watch it again but if this is the case maybe it's Ange shoring up the defence a bit and realising that both FB's going into the pockets and wandering up the pitch is too risky?
It’s not mutually exclusive though!
Inverted fb or attack fb. I’d like destiny to stay wide and attack as his one of the few players who can run and beat people. When inverted he runs into traffic. For me over the years what do everyone say when you play v 10 men? Stretch the pitch and keep width. Well that is the sane as playing v 11 in a low block. Keep the wide players wide including FBs who can provide overlap. Defenders never go with the runner. Destiny and timo did some good pull backs into the box and that is what we need more. Cross the ball either from wide areas or a bit earlier like MADDs did putting the ball in the box. No idea why we didn’t at at least try some balls in to the box in the first half. However we’d get ball wide and kulu mainly would turn back.

I don’t like people say palace were well set up. Well we can also be well setup to counter that. How many ganes you think palace have won playing like that. Didn’t goons put 5 past them recently. It’s not a given that the way they setup against top teams is always going to work. They also had 3 key players out. Some on here moan about missing one player. Every team loses players but some here think we should never have injuries.

We were. We won 3-1.

A football match lasts 90 mins mate.

We were set up to keep possession and be consistently putting pressure on them whilst nullifying their counters.

Liverpool needed last min winner vs forest yesterday, City needed to wait till the 71st min to beat Bournmouth 1-0 a couple of weeks ago.

All good teams have to probe, put pressure on opponents setting up trying to nullify them.

Some on here posted it and on the content boys channels.
Just goes to show it's about opinions, and most are biased one way or another. I've seen the ratings for Royal, with one particular poster giving him a 1!

Emerson had a solid game yesterday and didn't put a foot wrong. The ratings on here shouldn't ever be taken as a barometer of how well a player played, far too many picking favourites.

FWIW, I felt that Romero was MOTM. He was solid, progressive, and weighed in with the winning goal. He was the standout player for me, but others will see it differently.

What seemed evident to me was that it looked as though we have a few players coming back into form. Maddison looked closer to his best, Bissouma looks to be getting there too, whilst Bentancur wasn't nearly as bad as some are making out.

The team, as a whole, was excellent yesterday.

Mrs P it’s not often I disagree with you but come on , the 1984 final? You wasn’t even Born then! Stop telling porkie pies! :paraticiwink:
It gets worse - I was the only one who was present at the 1972 final at WHL. I was moaning that I had to pay 50p for a standing ticket in the Paxton, double usual price.
Oh by the way, thank you!
Happy In Love GIF by Simian Reflux

Yesterday was the first time we'd witnessed the Freed From Desire thing.
Bleeding mental, but bloody good at the same time

Glad you enjoyed your time; but it's generic bollocks(*)........ You can't convince me it wouldn't be more fun singing actual Spurs songs.

(*and euro-dross shit; but hey I'm a music snob so that's on me I guess)

Every game should be won in the first 10 minutes, innit...... Then you woke up... Eventually.... Hopefully.... Some day... Please.

Watched the full match now. Might be controversial opinion but we weren’t actually ‘bad’ even in the first half. Palace just sat back with 10 behind the ball most of the time. We could have passed better / quicker but it’s hard to break that approach down.

I don’t get the comparisons to Conte. We weren’t being negative / defensive so it’s nothing alike.

The thing that didn’t make sense for me is why Palace didn’t stick to their approach. They were very open from 70 mins onwards and that’s when we scored 3.

Edit - thought the Werner pen was definitely a pen. SpursPlay amusing caught one of our fans shouting, “Do your fucking job referee!”. 😂

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom