January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Bore off. This isn't about "supporting a regime". You're just chasing a VERY muddy point and have done a very poor job of arguing it."

"Your point is incoherent at this point."

"Mate; you lost this argument about 10 pages ago."

"You haven't made a "point". You've made a mess."

"I'm responding to the gross doubles-standards and BS of your subsequent posts."

"You're all over the place... Just like you were earlier."

"Make your mind up, damn-it.
....And you're shit-housing"

"that's shit-housing to get your poor argument accross the line"

Haha you've focused a decent amount of your argument on smearing my ability to make a point while not acknowledging or accepting that any of the points made might have a shred of truth.
Others have disagreed in a respectful and reasonable manner.

Nah.... I've focussed the vaaaast majority of my posts on dispelling the very topic in question. Picking individually sentences from what has been probably dozens of paragraphs is disingenuous. If along the way I've called out the manner with which you're debating (without personal insult) then so be it.

I've 'attacked' the post; nothing more... I've not attacked you "personally".

Wow - you're starting to find excuses like the rest of them. Did conte get what he wanted to make his system work then? We got the stone wall centre half he needed?
Conte was the one for excuses and I also feel he was an obstructing factor in attracting top talent. If a club signs a player for a transfer fee, the player is expected to commit his future to the club for 3-5 years. Why should a player make that kind of commitment for a manager who only signed for 18 months?

Every time we lost, it was "we haven't got the players". How are players supposed to develop and improve when their manager is publicly saying he wants them replaced every other week? Doesn't exactly inspire loyalty.

Winning mentality? More like the whining mentality. I'm glad Levy didn't waste any major funds on Conte because every player who was brought in during his tenure and virtually every player who was here before him is doing better under Ange.

If this potential transfer fails Fab will ......continue on as if nothing ever happened.
Nice gig.

Unless we're not in discussions to buy the player at all and it's all just a pack of lies then even if the deal was to fall apart at the 11th hour I'm not sure why you'd think FRs reputation would be damaged by it?

If we wrap up Dragusin soon so he can train all week ahead of United, this would be an excellent window so far.

I'm actually not too concerned about midfield, as after AFCON, we should have 2 sets of quality midfielders (all of whom will get game time given likely injury problems):

Maddison Bentancur Sarr
Lo Celso Bissouma Kulusevski

Can't understand how people are actually accepting Werner as a trade off to what we should be getting. Leipzig is putting him out on loan, Leipzig! That should tell you something.

We are accepting mediocre, "Get out jail free Cards".

Given Excellent 3 players,

1) A CDM that can run with the ball and pass accurately (eg. Matteo Guendouzi)

2) A STR that can hold up the ball and play a No 10 role if need be (eg. Ivan Toney)

3) A CB, left footed, that can cover our LB (eg Nathan Ake)

We could be challenging for the league. Take the Kane 100 million add a few Kwid and we could league title contenders. Instead we are Haggling over 5 million.

Another Levy Masterclass and Some Fans seems to be excited. They complain about Richie, who has scored 5 in his last six but they can't wait for Timo Werner who 4 years back was a sensation in Germany and total flop thereafter. Levy is seeing STR for loan and possibly 14 million option to buy pricetag.

We sold Kane. Took his money and invested It in our property. Now we are lay-buying Timo Werner who couldnt even make a Leipzig starting eleven.

So much for being 6 points off the top and trying to actually win the League.

Last edited:
If we wrap up Dragusin soon so he can train all week ahead of United, this would be an excellent window so far.

I'm actually not too concerned about midfield, as after AFCON, we should have 2 sets of quality midfielders (all of whom will get game time given likely injury problems):

Maddison Bentancur Sarr
Lo Celso Bissouma Kulusevski

Best depth and potentially best overall quality in midfield i can recall us having

Unless we're not in discussions to buy the player at all and it's all just a pack of lies then even if the deal was to fall apart at the 11th hour I'm not sure why you'd think FRs reputation would be damaged by it?
I don't give a monkey's about Fab's rep.
I will still keep going to his twitter account whether he gets things right or wrong.
Along with others.

If Leeds go up then I don’t think Rodon will want (allow himself) to go anywhere else which will lower the price. I was thinking 10m as more likely.
It’s a smart move from them to negotiate now whilst they have him locked into a loan for the season. We can’t get him out to sell him to another taker.

Any money they offer now might not be on the table at the end of the season.

Nah.... I've focussed the vaaaast majority of my posts on dispelling the very topic in question. Picking individually sentences from what has been probably dozens of paragraphs is disingenuous. If along the way I've called out the manner with which you're debating (without personal insult) then so be it.

I've 'attacked' the post; nothing more... I've not attacked you "personally".

I said decent amount. Not the majority.

You've had a choice to either disagree and say why, or disagree, say why and comment on how I'm all over the place and making a poor argument based on little soundbite forum posts. I was asked to explain what my definition of backing was so I gave it.

There's a reason I'm directing this at you and not other posters. I dont need you to take responsibility. Agree to disagree.

Can't understand how people are actually accepting Werner as a trade off to what we should be getting. Leipzig is putting him out on loan, Leipzig! That should tell you something.

2) A STR that can hold up the ball and play a No 10 role if need be (eg. Ivan Toney)

We could be challenging for the league. Take the Kane 100 million add a few Kwid and we could league title contenders. Instead we are Haggling over 5 million.

Another Levy Masterclass and Some Fans seems to be excited. They complain about Richie, who has scored 5 in his last six but they can't wait for Timo Werner who 4 years back was a sensation in Germany and total flop thereafter. Levy is seeing STR for loan and possibly 14 million option to buy pricetag.

We sold Kane. Took his money and invested It in our property. Now we are lay-buying Timo Werner who could even make a Leipzig starting eleven.

Amazing how you know Ange’s system and requirements more than the man himself.

We sold Kane. Took his money and invested It in our property. Now we are lay-buying Timo Werner who could even make a Leipzig starting eleven.

What a dreadfully inaccurate post.

Back
Top Bottom