January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems to be a pattern emerging where most people are getting themselves excited not because of the great attacking quality he'll bring to the team.....oh no......but because he's a low financial risk.

I swear this could only happen with our fanbase :memeokay:
The league is littered with big money flops. It happens to EVERY team, they then stink up the place and block other transfers. The only guarantee in football is there are no guarantees, no fee will mean a player will work out, fit the team, gel, integrate and adapt to your style of play. The advantage of this type of deal is you can try before you buy, if they’re shit, it’s simple, they go back.

so I get you aren’t impressed with this signing, fair enough but you’re not stupid, surely you can see the merit in this sort of thing and our recent success compared to other teams?

sometimes it just feels like you want to feed on any shred of negativity and poke the bear.

So you truly believe Werner is currently better than Richie.

Stop Bullshitting.

Do you think if they offered Ange, Werner or Toney, he'd choose Werner? It's not that we can't afford a 50 million STR, so why are you OK with someone who is a gamble?

This is classic Levy. We bought Gil because he was the next Lionel Messi.
Richie because he was the next Mo Salah,
Ndombele because he was the next Dembele,
Lo Celso because he was cheaper than Fernandes but equally good.
Djed Spence because he was the next England RB.

Wake Up stop being a puppet. We are getting a second rated player.
We’ve got some real muppets on here but you consistently take the cake.

Werner may not be ideal but...fits the system, has pace, can cover for son (over the current inadequates such as gil), is cheap, may surprise us and is better than nothing

There's so much to love about this, but in terms of favourite bits I can't decide if it's Gil being declared the next Messi or "Richie" to be the next Salah. The fact that what you wrote after wasn't entirely sensational makes me think that you think the former comments actually happened somewhere. Which is just great

Take some time. There is an old Thread about Gil. Most were salivating at the Great player we bought for in the region of 21 million plus Eric Lamela. To be honest, he isn't even worth a straight swap with Lamela. He is just as injury prone and if the wind is above 10 knots, he's going to be blown over.

Understand the angst on goalscorers but :

Maddison is good for 10-15 goals plus a lot of assists
Bentancur got 5 and Hojbjerg similar lasty season - so our CM's other than Maddison I'd pencil in for another 10 - 15 on top of Madison

Son - could well be 20+
Richarlison circa 15 (on 5 in last 5 already)
Johnson/Werner/Kulusevski jointly another 10-15

Even defenders will chip in with a few, as they have done already

We've scored 42 goals in 20 PL matches so far or 2 per match, so no reason noy to expect us getting close to 76 gals in 28 matches, which should certainly get us into top 4 type territory

Goals haven’t been our problem.

Need to see the UTD game but even if we struggle without Son for that game, Madders will be back for Brentford.

What we really need is a CB

I think if he is a loan, with an option to buy, and we are playing Gil in that position while Sonny is away, is it a bad option? I trust Ange on this one, I think Werner has qualat
ies that can be capitalised with the right management, as long as the bloke puts the effort in. Maybe it is just me.
He is also more experienced than both Johnson and Gil and hopefully that will benefit us.

Seems to be a pattern emerging where most people are getting themselves excited not because of the great attacking quality he'll bring to the team.....oh no......but because he's a low financial risk.

I swear this could only happen with our fanbase :memeokay:

It's sad. Saving five money means more than lifting a trophy.

Levy has increased his wealth 60 fold but our Football Team seems to be back where we started when Bale Left.

Most of them probably get excited when they tell their children, "In 2023 We came eigth in the League, but that's not important. I saw Beyonce and The Dallas Cowboys play here the same year, It was such a Great Year for Spurs. Oh, and I almost forgot, it was the year I had my first Go Carting Experience. COYS!!! "

Sad....... They follow a Football Club, They don't support a Football Club.

I'm more amused by the people who think Conte would have won the league here. The man despised us, didn't want the job. Always felt it was beneath him and after the initial six months -which I am led to believe was beyond a break clause that insured a full pay on his termination -was phoning it in. Then came the bereavements which cemented his desire to get home to his wife ASAP. Win something? You are joking? I'm told his moods were so toxic we were looking at a mass exodus. One of the few things I give Levy credit for is NOT letting him spend money.

If there’s one person you’d never want to mess with, it’s Ange

GOAL_-_Blank_WEB_-_Facebook_-_2023-12-31T182401.029.jpg
I just like the way he goes for it for the right reasons and not just to be a c**t.

The sort of person you want as your prime minister, balls as big house and some one you don't mess with, but he dos what he does with intergrity and it's the right thing to do and worth fighting for.

He is the only reason, I started watching Spurs again after the last four shit years.

He has the cpacity to build something really special at this club.

Understand the angst on goalscorers but :

Maddison is good for 10-15 goals plus a lot of assists
Bentancur got 5 and Hojbjerg similar lasty season - so our CM's other than Maddison I'd pencil in for another 10 - 15 on top of Madison

Son - could well be 20+
Richarlison circa 15 (on 5 in last 5 already)
Johnson/Werner/Kulusevski jointly another 10-15

Even defenders will chip in with a few, as they have done already

We've scored 42 goals in 20 PL matches so far or 2 per match, so no reason noy to expect us getting close to 76 gals in 28 matches, which should certainly get us into top 4 type territory
Fair points, but in some close matches we may rue missed chances; I'm really hoping one of Johnson or Werner can regularly find the back of the net.

The “gotcha” moments when some of the players we signed don’t work out do my nut in.

"Yeh, well you get all chuffed and lairy when things go well...... It's no different!"

Errrrrr; ya meant to be HAPPY when things go well FFS! ......That's the whole point!

........It's crystal clear that there's people here that want Ange to fail for the sake of 'political' gain.

Back
Top Bottom