January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're absolutely right. Our trophy record proves that. There can't be any argument.
Whoever the manager, we always come up short.
.. How come?
Teams witha desire to win don't sell Harry Kane for £100million and replace him a few months later with a knock off loan deal for a striker flopping in the Bundesliga

You're right we should have just bit the bullet and put the £130m down on Osimhen.

Same people that screamed that buying a squad player, Trossard, for £27m was ‘backing the manager’ suggest that getting Werner, at least an equal player for less, isn’t backing the manager.
SMFH at some of the fans on here.

Will be pleased to see Werner here.
Seems like a very low risk deal (financially) with a lot of potential.
Sure, potential is useless if it isn't realised, but he's shown that in the right team he can really perform.
Looks like he'll fit Ange's system quite well, so best of luck to him.

Seems to be a pattern emerging where most people are getting themselves excited not because of the great attacking quality he'll bring to the team.....oh no......but because he's a low financial risk.

I swear this could only happen with our fanbase :memeokay:

Seems to be a pattern emerging where most people are getting themselves excited not because of the great attacking quality he'll bring to the team.....oh no......but because he's a low financial risk.

John Thomas is the main attraction on TottenhamFanTV.

Arsenal Fan Tv GIF by AFTV

With Veliz injured this seems like the club moving quickly to strengthen the squad for a risk free option and yet people are still moaning !
Yet with Romero injured, Davies injured, VdV only just back, Dier leaving, Sanchez left, we still haven't actually signed a CB.
Release clauses are only valid in Spain though aren’t they. It’s not the player’s true value.
They're legally required in Spain, but can be put in a players contract anywhere. The clubs pick a wild number but there's not a requirement for it to be met. Like, say they think someone is gonna be the next Messi, they might put £500m in. But if tje guy turns out to be a donkey, they'll let him go for whatever they want.
On the contrary, if he is the next Messi and they don't want to sell, they have no choice if someone deposited the cash.
Can no-one in here see my point that we are inclined to get a squad only so far but then ultimately leave it short by not putting a few cherries on the cake?

This is the difference between us and big teams

We don't even have icing most of the time let alone bloody cherries.

You have to ask?
They are just above the relegation zone and he is probably their best defender who plays every game.
How much dough would it cost to replace him? How much will they lose if they get relegated?

They need money. They are owned by 777 that want to buy Everton and those guys are in big trouble financially.

They can pick up another CB as long as this deal is done in the next day or so.

Fucking Levy Faboi bollocks is what it is.
Sick of them, the lot of them.

"We never take risks, you'll never sing that"
Is what they all sing to themselves at home cause they sure as shit ain't the ones dragging themselves to games every week.

Ffs this 100%.
These stupid loans for average players never works. If jota has quality then why not get him?

If you have to ask, then pipe down.

Most recent "loans for average players":

Romero
Kulu
Porro

Or make proper bids say for the forward guirassy or whatever his nzz as me is. At least his in form and playing. I’m sure he’d better than any of our forwards.

...........Another player you clearly know fuck all about.

Our captain is a golden boot winner, you utter blow-hard. 🤡

I swear this could only happen with our fanbase

Every single fan base and pundit likes to talk about the financials of deals.

Not every signing is a starting 11 star to get picked every week.

If people are seeing the sense in this specific signing, for a player to perform this specific role whilst Son is away, I don't really get why that would bother you.

If we were signing Werner as our first choice star forward in the summer and only getting a loan with option.... Then I could see where you are coming from.

Say to you what I said to the other poster.

Let’s take a rain check until February 1st and if the other teams around the top four looking for reinforcements all fill out their squads with Oshimen-like players then mea culpa.

OK fair enough.

If our biggest rivals go ahead and strengthen in a big way and we haven't, I hope there will be some acknowledgement from fans that prefer to stick to the silver lining every window

Last example was declan rice.....

"He's not worth it".

It's like being gaslighted every season by a controlling partner that insists everything is fine

Back
Top Bottom