Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep, the chicken wing handball 😆
I thought if the ref had given it VAR would have stuck by him. Although the cat kicker made an attempt to hide his arm behind his back he then ducked into the ball and he definitely affected the flight with his arm. Could easily have been a pen. If it was the other way round I wouldn't have been apoplectic if it had been given.

I'd say more a pen than not myself.

You're (Mostly) wrong and amazingly naive. Only Tottenham get a hostile referee EVERY match. Spurs have had no penalties so far and 3 against. Spurs gave had 3 players sent off, and none against. Arse have had SIX penalties and it does not include the number of soft free kicks they get EVERY match.
Kai Havertz can lunge in from five yards away and commit a red card foul against Newcastle and not get a red!

Matty Cash brutally kicked one of our BEST players Rodrigo Bentancur off and was no red card and VAR didn't do anything. Tottenham needed him last night but he's out till next year.

Bowen gets fairly tackled by Romero he goes down screaming ref books Romero. Every dive West Spam did got a free kick but Spurs weren't getting every proper foul. Kuluchevski gets hit in the face doesn't get a penalty! The referee made West Spam win yesterday and it will be the same when you play Newcastle.

Because "fans" like you accept it things will never change.

All some do on here is moan at the players when they ain't perfect. They get nothing from the refs and nothing from the moaners on here.

And don’t start on about Nketiah’s challenge on Vicario

I was saying the same stuff last night about the lack of protection for us from Refs but got cunted off by a certain poster

I thought if the ref had given it VAR would have stuck by him. Although the cat kicker made an attempt to hide his arm behind his back he then ducked into the ball and he definitely affected the flight with his arm. Could easily have been a pen. If it was the other way round I wouldn't have been apoplectic if it had been given.

I'd say more a pen than not myself.
It was definitely a pen. He moved toward the ball with his body and his elbow came out faster. But I can see why it wasn't given... Because god fucking hates us. I'm fuming and sad and fuck-it-all-off at the same time.

We have been the recipients of an absolute clusterfuck of misfortune. The dippers and chavs games totally destroyed our mojo, while decimating our thin squad. There's no fix for this, except time and money.

One small take-away is that I am happy to find out that it was Udogie not Biss who passed it back for their second goal. Would have been damaging if it had been Biss (again).

While I don't have the vitriol of many others here for our esteemed overlord (no not Case), I have come to the conclusion that he is out of excuses or reasons to not compete in the transfer market.

There are no excuses to not get the squad that the manager desires. I get that it might take a couple of windows still, but we have January coming up and then the summer. £100m from the sale of Harry, TV money, gate receipts, venue hire etc. etc. etc. for me mean that the time has come to put up or shut up.

The only time I've ever almost been ENIC out is when we ditched Poch and employed Mourinho. A terrible era in our history. However, I really think he's got until the end of the summer transfer window to show that he is interested in the achievements of the football club on the pitch rather than increasing the value of the balance sheet.

Until then I'll still give him the leaway I think he has earned.
Gah, I was in lock-step with you until this part.

Damn.

Horses, for courses, tho, I suppose.

He's all out of good-will chips, as far as I'm concerned.

Just hope the fans, finally, properly, lose their shit when he neglects this one to death.

Now that the disappointment has calmed down a bit: remember, this season was supposed to be a re-building season and still is...
Yes, I do know very well that dominating possession but still losing counts for little when losing the game. But in first 20 min of the 1st half Spurs had 85 % possession; which is like Barca during their Xavi-Iniesta-Messi days. Spurs had 75 % of possession overall.
And I doubt WH will ever score 2 more lucky goals - every bounce bounced to their advantage. 1st goal was caused by a shoot the ricochet off Romero to ricochet off Davies straight to Bowden; 2nd was, yes, a terrible back-pass that Vicario punched straight at Warde-P who hit the post only to receive the ball perfectly back at his feet.
And then you have 2 cases of a Spurs penalty that was denied by the ref (yes, the first one was very weak but no weaker than Sissoko's CL Final hand-ball).
Teams are starting to figure out how to defend against Spurs and they are also being more aware of often Spurs back-passes to Vicario...

Last edited:
If that Bald Bastard Cunt discovers some self-respect (long shot) and gives Ange what he NEEDS, then we can expect far more than a mixed bag of wins/losses and pretty footy.

We need QUALITY in DEPTH.

We would have still been flying if we had good cover for injuries/suspensions.

We'd be right up there.

The buzz and momentum just got cut, just like that.

Like someone taking the needle off of a record.

And we didn't have the players, to put it back on again.

I said from the start - DO NOT blame Ange when things go wobbly, because he has come into a failed SQUAD situation.

And it still needs to be sorted properly.

I will see that Bald Bastard go before Ange.

Had enough of that scumbag getting away with this.

"We've got our spurs back"

STFU, you conman cunt and do your fucking JOB - sincerely.

And people need to stop pretending they don't know what the core problem is, here.

We can have whatever manager we want, but the real PROBLEM - THE TRUE ROT - would remain:

#BaldCunt
Mate people seemed utterly offended. When I was insisting getting two Centerbacks (Tabsoba and VDV) was not some kind of freaking luxury. All this guff about can't upset VDV or Romero, or people won't want to sign with out guarantees. I think baldies greatest coup has been to thoroughly gaslight the fan base. It was tiresomely obvious that the injuries we have had would happen.

Mate people seemed utterly offended. When I was insisting getting two Centerbacks (Tabsoba and VDV) was not some kind of freaking luxury. All this guff about can't upset VDV or Romero, or people won't want to sign with out guarantees.

No-one said it was a "luxury"......

.......And Tosin actually proved the point about some players wanting to avoid splinters.

From a probability point of view....when a team goes a goal ahead, what is the reaction of the losing team ?

It's nice to turn the screw and put the opponent to the sword but what's the success rate of doing so ?

What are the options when going a goal up ? Both immediately and after the initial expected backlash.
Should it be gung ho, get another one or make small adjustments to bolster the defence. Or even lock up shop even if for a brief period.
If you have a sharp attack and solid defence perhaps its not so much of a consideration but we have neither at the moment.

From a probability point of view....when a team goes a goal ahead, what is the reaction of the losing team ?

Google.

It's nice to turn the screw and put the opponent to the sword but what's the success rate of doing so ?

Google.

What are the options when going a goal up ? Both immediately and after the initial expected backlash.
Should it be gung ho, get another one or make small adjustments to bolster the defence.

After just 11 mins you carry on playing your game as if you're still at 0-0.

What the fuck is this continued "gung ho" nonsense????????

Or even lock up shop even if for a brief period.

We conceded 41 minutes after our goal so this is moot.... No even the same half of football!

If you have a sharp attack and solid defence perhaps its not so much of a consideration but we have neither at the moment.

Some of you really do crave the faux security of Conte-ball again...... It's mind-blowing tbh.

Last edited:
Mate people seemed utterly offended. When I was insisting getting two Centerbacks (Tabsoba and VDV) was not some kind of freaking luxury. All this guff about can't upset VDV or Romero, or people won't want to sign with out guarantees. I think baldies greatest coup has been to thoroughly gaslight the fan base. It was tiresomely obvious that the injuries we have had would happen.
It was not so much the injury to van de Van that "upset" Spurs but the sending off of Romero (3 match suspension) and Udogie (and subsequent slight injury) in the same match and injuries to Maddison and Bentancur- which caused Spurs to have 3 or 4 best defenders out. And on top of that Perisic, Solomon got long term injuries and Richarlison just got is back from a shorter one.
Spurs have managed well without van de Ven, it not his absence that caused the WH loss yesterday.
And which club is going to spend £60-70m+ to on Tapsoba as an understudy? Why wasn't he snapped up by other and richer clubs pursuing him? Leverkusen is not a poor club that just sell its best players unless crazy money is offered.
And how do you know that Tapsoba wants to join Spurs now anyway?

Tantrum Crying GIF

Newsflash, we are in a process, you're never going to replace everyone in 1 window

Quit your crying man for God's sake 😆
Animated GIF

It was always top 5 & that final CL place is a success this season. & it Still is.
It will always be that way with the Chairman and His Cronies. It's less expensive being 3-5. You can get away with less expensive players earning less (good experienced players cost way too much, ask Woolwich, Liverpool, City, etc).

You can invest most of your money in real Estate. Its way more profitable than Football.

The younger inexperienced players could develop into Great players. They can then be sold for a huge profit.

We are a business first and then a 'Football Club.

Too many injuries, we could've easily just played perisic, Solomon, over kulu or Johnson but we are forced to persist with players who are bang out of form.
Like bissouma, forced to stick with him because bentancur is out.

Can't rotate destiny because sessegnon is on a 2 year sabbatical

I'm angry how we've collapsed but I've seen enough to see we'll be quite a strong competitive team with injury returns and some transfers in
I understand that we are bleeding because of Injuries. But we should have had better backups.

The blame rests on one 8 he v h

It was always top 5 & that final CL place is a success this season. & it Still is.
It will always be that way with the Chairman and His Cronies. It's less expensive being 3-5. You can get away with less expensive players earning less (good experienced players cost way too much, ask Woolwich, Liverpool, City, etc).

You can invest most of your money in real Estate. Its way more profitable than Football.

The younger inexperienced players could develop into Great players and even more profit is made that can go towards "The Business End of Things".

Last edited:
It was not so much the injury to van de Van that "upset" Spurs but the sending off of Romero (3 match suspension) and Udogie (and subsequent slight injury) in the same match and injuries to Maddison and Bentancur- which caused Spurs to have 3 or 4 best defenders out. And on top of that Perisic, Solomon got long term injuries and Richarlison just got is back from a shorter one.
Spurs have managed well without van de Ven, it not his absence that caused the WH loss yesterday.
And which club is going to spend £60-70m+ to on Tapsoba as an understudy? Why wasn't he snapped up by other and richer clubs pursuing him? Leverkusen is not a poor club that just sell its best players unless crazy money is offered.
And how do you know that Tapsoba wants to join Spurs now anyway?
Yeah this is exactly how gaslighting works. I'm really going to do my best to be polite. But if you are in earnest you are definitely part of the problem. How do you know Tabsoba or any center-half did NOT want to join?

The name is a proxy for treating the squad in proper manner. So fixate all you want on that name if it helps you obfuscate. Levy would be proud. The injury to VDV is one hundred percent part of our predicament because his speed is essential to the way we defend and no matter how willing Davis and Royal are they do not have the requirements. I don't know if you go to games? I do, I stopped under Conte but over very many years I've put my money into the club and I want that spent on the team.

. You can hide behind all the guff you want, we have NOT coped without VDV bollocks to that. Our squad was undercooked with holes in the squad: Maddison, VDV, Udoggie. and a central midfield player all where needed but Levy as usual made do and left his coach with an arm tied behind his back. I very rarely agree with you and this is no different.

It's supposed to look like that goal against Bournemouth where Udogie did a nice dribble, played a 1-2 with Son, before cutting it back for Kulu to ghost in and score.

We did it really well in the first half, but almost never did it in the second. When we did the player in question, usually Kulu and Johson had no idea how to get that final pass off.
Then we either change them two around, play someone else there or vary the tactics and approach every now and then. I still don’t get why we don’t try to switch play more with long balls like walker does for city it ATT. Even try a ball over the top say towards Johnson to use his pace. Get the oppo facing there own box instead of everything played in front of them mostly at snail pace. Cuti is one of the main at that where his at stand still / walking pace with the ball. I don’t see many of the top teams doing that!

Back
Top Bottom