Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Moyes looked after game thinking how the fuck did we win that. Worst defending I've ever seen. Smacks of ossie ardiles when he was in charge. They didnt even have to try to score. Nevermind done but ange poor tactics tonight

Aside from nippy counters; exactly what kind of chances are we meant to be creating?

All the ange-ball experts that professed to have watched loads of Celtic and the J-League; what kind of chances shoudl be our bread and butter?
I'm not an Ange fan, but I don't think we've seen his system fully employed yet. From the film it looked like the players on the wing were critical, getting lots of balls into the box for runs. And it seemed to rely on having a striker whose job was mainly to occupy two defenders, opening things for the rest. I think Richarlison initially was meant to be that guy and failed at it. Son never really was comfortable working out as wide as he was early in the season, and losing Solomon hurt because he looked to be good at what Postecoglou's system requires of a wing. The part of the system that dominates time of possession is there already, but until you get those things in place there's not enough of a threat that comes with it. Maybe we'll see that in the second half of the season.

Inverted fullbacks abd wingers who won’t go on the outside?
Not even the 6/8s go wide much. Ironically Skipp does it a lot and they ignore him EVERY SINGLE TIME.

On another day, pretty much any forward would have got that Richy header and not many professional top level players would have made that utterly stupid Udogie back pass……..

So many stupid mistakes by players who should be doing better

Similar to Biss losing possession against City which cost us a goal!

West ham got lucky with two jammy goals but again we dominate the ball don't create a lot and what we create we miss.

I'll say it Kulu ain't good enough he's far to predictable legit doesn't have a right foot. We need a lot of investment to achieve anything everything we have on the bench isn't good enough simple as. And we lack serious talent at ST, RW and need better depth in midfield CB and fullbacks

So frustrating even with the injuries we have enough quality and chances to have beaten Wolves Villa and this shit
There i think you are wrong my friend

d mid-first half that we were missing a proper striker and he’s right. The chances we’ve missed in our last 3 home games have bitten us. We both agreed there was a good chance of losing tonight despite being 1-0 up because we’ve seen this script before.

this script has been rinsed/repeated 4 times .. Johnson hadn't been involved in a winning match this season ?

We were discussing Maddison returning and how much we missed him and I brought up the referees not giving our players protection then ffs

I won’t be responding as this sort of stupid argument is what you do and I can’t be bothered frankly so have the last word why don’t you
Knock yourself out
frustation-fail.gif

Aside from nippy counters; exactly what kind of chances are we meant to be creating?

All the ange-ball experts that professed to have watched loads of Celtic and the J-League; what kind of chances shoudl be our bread and butter?
It's supposed to look like that goal against Bournemouth where Udogie did a nice dribble, played a 1-2 with Son, before cutting it back for Kulu to ghost in and score.

We did it really well in the first half, but almost never did it in the second. When we did the player in question, usually Kulu and Johson had no idea how to get that final pass off.

I fully agree with Son. We’ve gone soft since Liverpool almost and allowed ourselves to get kicked and robbed.
Thing is, he didn't exactly cover himself in glory by scoring a few himself tonight....
Who is he blaming for being soft?
Himself???
Everyone else?

At least the South Stand was full of South Koreans again, so I guess he gets his cut of the takings!

One of the few crosses from the right side and we almost score. More of that please.
Said it before how many times have we scored we have got wide on the right with Porro and put the ball in the box. Yet for some reason we don’t. We ask Porro to play almost inside right and is lost in the middle with all the other players there. Tell him to overlap on the right if kulu is cutting in. Ange really needs to develop his tactics. This is not Scotland , j league or Aussie rules. He will get found out and end up like Bielsa. That is now 3 home games on the spin. He can’t keep going on about this is how we play when we don’t make the oppo goalie work or miss good chances.

Back
Top Bottom