Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At the rate we are going our season is going to be over by Christmas.

Which is actually embarrassing having been unbeaten and top after 8 games

All the hope and optimism has evaporated, we are now making the same crazy errors every game that we saw towards the end of Conte' reign. Ok the football is better but we still insist on gift wrapping the opposition goals every game. the way we imploded against Chelsea, the way we let in two late goals against Wolves and the dominant displays against Villa and West Ham only to shoot ourselves in the foot.

It's not Anges fault clearly though his subs were baffling again today, but look at the squad he has. Look at his options on the bench.

We can't even blame injuries tonight, we are back to having 3-4 out which should be manageable, yeah, you can use that excuse when you have 8-10 out.

We are just so fucking Spursy it's ridiculous.

I don't see a way out of this, the owners aren't going anywhere and nothing is changing while they remain in charge.
january will be telling. 3 quality additions and things will be brighter. we need at the very least a 3rd choice CB whos within punching distance of romero and VDV so the drop off isnt so big. and we need some firepower.

if lo celso could of played 90 then the decision to bring him off was fucking strange. midfield is our strongest area now, well that and keeper. back 4 is very good when its first 4 but turns to shit when going to the reserves. the front 3 is probably better than it looks but he does seem to be hitting courses with the wrong choice of horses for me. we still do need a proper 9 who can not only attack crosses but can take the ball with back to goal and provide a bit of silk.

That will keep happening until we have better depth.

A game we would have had wrapped up in the first 20 mins if we'd have had Maddison, Sarr, Bentancur starting.

Have no idea what Johnson, Lo Cels, Kulu (and son, at times) was even trying to achieve, creatively, in the first half. And knew we were in trouble going in at only 1-0.

As soon as Spam scored, I just couldn't watch anymore (replay), as I knew what was going to happen and I just couldn't do it. Just too frustrating.

Fuck that.

Lo Celso and Hojbjerg need gone , as soon as can be replaced by better.

Johnson needs time, still

Either way, that bald fuck cunt needs to get his bastard wallet out and give Ange a proper fucking squad.

Top end of the league is wide open this season, and we could have been mixing it, if he'd have padded out the squad adequately, from the off.

Have we won a match that PEH started? No blaming him for the outcome but it seems like his role on this team is very clear. Starting is not the role. Bissouma still not back to his best and our midfield was stagnate.

Not slight on Ange but thought he got the team wrong. Kulu has been thriving in the10/8 and usually doesn’t do well on the wing vs teams that sit back. Spam were leaving him in acres of space and he did nothing. Can’t hate on him for not crossing more. It was just Johnson and Son in there mostly. They’re not beating the hammers back line in the air.

Johnson still doesn’t look like a winger best on the left. Thought just switching him to the right couldn’t made a big difference after Kulu wasn’t getting any joy.

Anyways shit match but hopefully the team responds.

The Kroenke’s didn’t listen to their fans or the media.

They trusted Arteta and backed him

Levy needs to do the same
Do you see Levy spending ÂŁ100m on a Declan Rice when he already has a Partey at his club? Never going to happen. As much as it hurts me to say this we would never in a million years show that kind of ambition with these owners.

You know it, I know it.

Versus West Ham
Completed Passes 708 v 174
Possession 75% v 25%
==

Probably the same stats in most of the matches we played/lost.
... means there is no end-product - just pretty to watch. Do you rather egg out a 1-0 win or draw or do you rather have pretty losses.

I prefer the former.

meltdown.gif

buck-up-kyle-broflovski.gif

everybody-yg.gif

Nah, I’m sure less anally retentive people know what I’m mean.

Kulu was good against Villa and City in that role. He looked like he was finding his feet in what he’s said is his preferred role. So instead he goes back to dithering in the wings.

Perhaps you didn't catch Ange's comments about preferring Kulu out wide (and being indifferent to DKs 'prefered position' comments).......?

It's got nothing to do with being anally retentive. To describe 45 minutes where we were getting our arses handed to us as the "winning" formula is conspicuous to say the least; particularly given the landscape atm.

Versus West Ham
Completed Passes 708 v 174
Possession 75% v 25%
==

Probably the same stats in most of the matches we played/lost.
... means there is no end-product - just pretty to watch. Do you rather egg out a 1-0 win or draw or do you rather have pretty losses.

I prefer the former.

It’s not either or. Ange has to deliver both, and I believe he too holds himself to that goal. As he gets the players he wants, he will be held to that standard and I’m sure he would agree to that too. Of course, if he isn’t backed, that’s another story.

Do you see Levy spending ÂŁ100m on a Declan Rice when he already has a Partey at his club? Never going to happen. As much as it hurts me to say this we would never in a million years show that kind of ambition with these owners.

You know it, I know it.
i think the rice deal was more to do with the partey rape shit than actual depth to be honest. it feels that way anyway. they prob want rid of him for PR.

Back
Top Bottom