Sheff Utd (H) 16/09 - 3PM - ANGE BALL IS BACK BABY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't believe you've wasted your 1 last go on this...but...

...putting aside this walkback, it is not the same as...

...this should be clear. It is not clear to you so it is there that we shall leave it.

Good day.
Never seen someone so keen to find guilt where there isn't any.

You really aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I had Efan Ekoku as co-comm on my stream. He really fucking hates Spurs. Dismissed all the pen shouts out of hand, kept going on about how marvellously Sheff U were playing (wtf?) and was absolutely devastated at the end. "Football can be so cruel."

:ange-arms2:
For me it's absolutely mutual and I still feel hatred of anything Wimbledon from the period he played for them, .. still VIVIDLY recall at the lane that absolute cunt of a human being Jones screaming down at a polaxed Gary Stephens who was lieng in absolute agony,with a horrifically misshapen broken leg..NEVER the same player after... that team were an absolute disgrace to football...

All a far cry from...

...isn't it?

And again, you do not know what he heard or what was said. And bollocks about stadium cameras and faces nonsense. There is no way for that to be done...that's nonsense. And it is impossible to prove a negative though you've given it a good go here. But to decide what he heard in your own mind and then judge that he wasn't is the height of conceit...man.

Now, it's plausible that he mistook something for another thing, fair enough...but it's just as if not more plausible considering the history in every stadium throughout England and Europe that he DID indeed hear what he thought he heard...and it's respectful to take a man at his word unless you've got incontrovertible proof that he's lying...and the usual suspects were very well represented doing this...and they'll be quick to support your point.

Everyone takes Sonny at his word just like at Burnley (?) this year...why not Rudiger? For the same reason you should recuse from judgment...tribalism/bias. You nor anyone on this board wants to think it would happen here. But you'd be foolish to think it doesn't...just look at Foderingham FFS.
I'm not disagreeing with either of you but just to add maybe a little context to the tale. I spent some time in Burnley around 2010ish.. Tesco's car park was littered with cars carrying national front stickers.. nf had a office in the center of town.... I was looking to buy a small hse.. I LOVED the area.. sweet little stone bac to bac house. . But cos it was in the Indian part of town no agent would deal with the rental...
I've NEVER come across a place ANYWHERE like it.. maybe rio.. but anyway.. nother tale...but, IMO Burnley was an absolute fucking disgrace

Sky extended highlights didn't show the penalty either. Their 2 minutes on the app did and it was CLEARLY a penalty.

As for Dickinbottom - his beef with the referee is nothing more than childish excuse making. He knows the 12 minutes were for his teams time wasting. He knows they turned a win into a loss exclusively because of it. And he's tried to make an excuse and blame someone else.
The goal went in first half and there was at least a 5 min delay. He throw his gloves off think he may have threw his shin pads as well before going down. There was nothing wrong with him. Only 3 mins was added end of first half. He did the same in the 2nd and he threw his gloves. No idea why he needs to physically throw them like a few feet away. Never seen that before. Then gets “treated” and spends an eternity putting the fuckers back on. Couldn’t believe what he was doing.
Also in 2nd half one of their players goes down injured play continues then the goalie kicks it out. The said players runs about 10 yards then drops. He could have fucking run to the side of the pitch. That wasted another few mins and we then take the thrown and have to give the ball against wasting precious time for us to have the ball. They deserved everything they got , shameful tactics and would have been a sad day for football if they took all 3 points.

Sky extended highlights didn't show the penalty either. Their 2 minutes on the app did and it was CLEARLY a penalty.

As for Dickinbottom - his beef with the referee is nothing more than childish excuse making. He knows the 12 minutes were for his teams time wasting. He knows they turned a win into a loss exclusively because of it. And he's tried to make an excuse and blame someone else.
His basically saying teams cannot press. However in the first half we didn’t always press high and goalie still wasted time.

I'm not disagreeing with either of you but just to add maybe a little context to the tale. I spent some time in Burnley around 2010ish.. Tesco's car park was littered with cars carrying national front stickers.. nf had a office in the center of town.... I was looking to buy a small hse.. I LOVED the area.. sweet little stone bac to bac house. . But cos it was in the Indian part of town no agent would deal with the rental...
I've NEVER come across a place ANYWHERE like it.. maybe rio.. but anyway.. nother tale...but, IMO Burnley was an absolute fucking disgrace
Yeah, I'm aware of Burnley's reputation. On NBC they did an expose about 'how it used to be', the east Asian population, and how things are changing.

I've been re-watching the final 10 minutes of the game on Footyfull.
That 2nd goal, a true 'team goal' was a series of one-touch moves of such sharp, exquisite beauty, capped with, for the first time since he joined Spurs, Deki kicking the ball with his right foot, that even Ange nearly got excited.
My take on that was that destiny was pressing high up and wins the ball back. Which if there is a criticism of our play against teams like SU is that we didn’t do it more in the first half. We were kind of a bit slow especially at the back. When we went a goal down we had far better zip in our play. Thought MADDs really tried increase the tempo. He was gesturing to Ange at one point I think making the same point.
Great win abd fully deserved and we kept going.
Another observation of the game against teams like SU is that they pack central defence and midfield. However we added to that congestion by tucking our FBs into the middle as well. So it seemed like we were always trying to go through the middle and passes or flicks wouldn’t always come off. We need to get behind them more abd using the FBs more in the wide areas may have helped. Both our FBs didn’t get too much ball in the first half whereas Solomon and kulu did. However only really Solomon was trying to beat his man. It was better in 2nd half. Although it did feel like it was gonna be one of those days where things just didn’t click. But kept going and got there in the end. Great for rich to score and seeing it back on motd was a great header. If there is a real talent there that needs unlocking then think Ange for now should take it easy and bring him on in the 2nd half. That way less pressure than starting games. Build up the confidence slowly don’t rush it.

Maddison was definitely clipped and a certain penalty if VAR had seen the right camera angle.
They must have they see everything g we do! I just saw it back and the co commentator said it was a pen as well on sky. Motd didn’t deem it worthy enough in their 5 mins of highlights.

This comes from a manager who's lucky his team didn't get 3 penalties against them and were time-wasting from the very beginning of the game...

Sheffield United boss Paul Heckingbottom blasts Premier League referees for 'RUINING' the game by dictating how teams play under new time-wasting rules​

By MATT BARLOW FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

PUBLISHED: 19:30 BST, 16 September 2023 |

Sheffield United boss Paul Heckingbottom launched a furious tirade at Premier League referees, claiming the officials told him to 'play long' rather than let goalkeeper Wes Foderingham take his time to pass out from the back.
Referee Peter Bankes flourished 13 yellow cards as the Blades lost late at Tottenham, seven for Heckingbottom's team including two for Ollie McBurnie, who was dismissed in the 14th minute of added time and will be banned for the next game, against Newcastle.
'Something needs to be done now,' fumed Heckingbottom. 'The referees are killing the game, absolutely ruining it. This is not me moaning about the result. I said it at half-time and when we were 1-0 up as well.
His ruining the game with his shite tactics. Sane as dyche at Everton who were disgraceful for a home team. How Everton fans can stand him is beyond me. Just people complain about foreign coaches but we have some dinosaurs in England.

He's got what 'sounds' like a plausible excuse to people who don't know anything about football and he's running with it.

You know what's killing the game you twat - it's your anti-football, time wasting , make the fans waste their hard earned cash football.

What was the reason for your keeper taking off his gloves, throwing them 3 feet and then walking over to them, picking them up and putting them back on.

He really must think that everyone is stupid and we can't see exactly what the game was.
Said the same in a later post.

The goal went in first half and there was at least a 5 min delay. He throw his gloves off think he may have threw his shin pads as well before going down. There was nothing wrong with him. Only 3 mins was added end of first half. He did the same in the 2nd and he threw his gloves. No idea why he needs to physically throw them like a few feet away. Never seen that before. Then gets “treated” and spends an eternity putting the fuckers back on. Couldn’t believe what he was doing.
Also in 2nd half one of their players goes down injured play continues then the goalie kicks it out. The said players runs about 10 yards then drops. He could have fucking run to the side of the pitch. That wasted another few mins and we then take the thrown and have to give the ball against wasting precious time for us to have the ball. They deserved everything they got , shameful tactics and would have been a sad day for football if they took all 3 points.
Absolutely spot on.

We’ve all seen time wasting or game management crap by teams (Nick Pope when at Burnley was shameful). But Sheff Utd took it to new levels yesterday. That nonsense with their keeper taking his gloves off and throwing them 10 yards away two or three times, then taking 2 minutes to put them on again was pathetic. Along with the feigning injuries and cramps by outfield players— they got exactly what they deserved. Topped off by the garbage their manager was complaining about as some sort of smokescreen, they can do us all a favour and get relegated. That is not football that any fan of any team wants to see. Managers like him will set back British coaches years. The only thing missing from his speech was the line boring managers used to say 40 odd years ago or more “If you want to see entertainment, go to the theatre.”

Amazing game to be at, the ending a big part of why going to footy can be so great.

I was a little concerned going into yesterday as they were gonna be the first proper bus parkers we'd faced at home and that isn't always easy to deal with as we saw.

Son isn't a box and back to goal player, he's a run onto it, space in behind player and yesterday was never gonna suit him - not a criticism of him, just an observation of his style and strengths. We were crying out for Richy earlier and I was a bit concerned Ange made the subs a bit late and reactively.

Fair play to him leaving Kulu on and moving him inside as I would've hooked him (and left Son on as he's a bigger goal threat) as I thought he wasn't particularly good - but credit to him, once he moved inside he demanded the ball more and never stopped trying to carve something out, taking his goal brilliantly.

All the subs played their part - Ivan caused them problems and his cross for the Richy header was magnificent. Richy is a proper box player, always looking to get between the CBs or pull to the far post for crosses. Son just doesn't do this, it's not instinctive for him, plus Richy is miles better in the air.

Johnson looks lively and smart, PEH played a nice little stabbed pass in the build up to the goal, Emerson really drove at their defence and everyone played with real desire but also some intelligence and control.

Thought Bis was great again yesterday and our midfield generally looks very good and very well balanced.

I hope Ange learns something from yesterday, mainly that Richy is more effective against bus parkers and perhaps Son can be shifted wide in these games. But his subs were excellent and the shift to a back 3 was interesting as we got more attacking players on the pitch but didn't lose our shape doing it.

One thing I noticed was VDV being beaten in the air a lot by McBernie - he doesn't get up well for a big bloke - and I hope it's something he works on as he adjusts to the league.

Yesterday reminded me a little of peak Poch - a team with great spirit and desire, talented, together and hardworking who have the mentality to keep going and never give up. It's early days and the big tests are coming but it's a brilliant start and bodes well for the future.
All good except poch comment, poch gave us lateral football but he didnt give any chance to youngsters and signing. He had his favourites and struggle to change at times

Was curious so looked up a SU forum to see what they thought of the game and found the reaction thread to that. Was coming back here to post it and saw you found it first. The reaction thread is a good one.

So Excited Flirting GIF
Wow! Some sensible posts, but so many of them seem to have a massive chip on their shoulders, and moan about the Premier league. Hopefully, that won't be an issue for them next season.

Back
Top Bottom