Sheff Utd (H) 16/09 - 3PM - ANGE BALL IS BACK BABY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This comes from a manager who's lucky his team didn't get 3 penalties against them and were time-wasting from the very beginning of the game...

Sheffield United boss Paul Heckingbottom blasts Premier League referees for 'RUINING' the game by dictating how teams play under new time-wasting rules​

By MATT BARLOW FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

PUBLISHED: 19:30 BST, 16 September 2023 |

Sheffield United boss Paul Heckingbottom launched a furious tirade at Premier League referees, claiming the officials told him to 'play long' rather than let goalkeeper Wes Foderingham take his time to pass out from the back.
Referee Peter Bankes flourished 13 yellow cards as the Blades lost late at Tottenham, seven for Heckingbottom's team including two for Ollie McBurnie, who was dismissed in the 14th minute of added time and will be banned for the next game, against Newcastle.
'Something needs to be done now,' fumed Heckingbottom. 'The referees are killing the game, absolutely ruining it. This is not me moaning about the result. I said it at half-time and when we were 1-0 up as well.

He's right about the refs.

But his reasonings are pathetic. If he had won, he wouldn't have said fuck all.

And of course, we're all cunts for trying to play actual football.

Said it before, i'll say it again - we just need to go full Millwall at this point. Everyone hates us and we should wear it as a badge of pride.

Imagine what it would do if we started singing songs about everyone hating us and we don't care.
Millwall at home to Leeds right now, bout quater of a mile as the crow flies. And all I could hear for 10 minutes was the NNo one likes us we don’t care, song.

Last edited:
Didn't you watch motd?
They didn't waste time according to their manager...their goalkeeper needed to know where all our players were before he took his kicks!
I've heard some bollocks for time wasting in my time, but that one was the best......

"He can't possibly take the goal kick until he sees exactly where every Spurs player is on the pitch.....it's basic football....."

Every keeper does that..... until they suddenly see their team go behind.... and then all of a sudden, the keeper doesn't need to wait for everyone and can't wait to kick it upfield.

Foderingham was wasting no time kicking the ball.out when his team went 2-1 down.

:mourpointlaugh:

Last edited:
I had Efan Ekoku as co-comm on my stream. He really fucking hates Spurs. Dismissed all the pen shouts out of hand, kept going on about how marvellously Sheff U were playing (wtf?) and was absolutely devastated at the end. "Football can be so cruel."

:ange-arms2:
Yeah absolute wanksock

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh4FfCQwdPg
What a fucking cunt. Deserves to go down.

He's got what 'sounds' like a plausible excuse to people who don't know anything about football and he's running with it.

You know what's killing the game you twat - it's your anti-football, time wasting , make the fans waste their hard earned cash football.

What was the reason for your keeper taking off his gloves, throwing them 3 feet and then walking over to them, picking them up and putting them back on.

He really must think that everyone is stupid and we can't see exactly what the game was.

I swear the world is regressing.

I think it's progressing because there is more exposure for bad shit.

In the past, this wouldn't have even been a newspaper article.

Now it's blown up in real time and exposed instantly and globally on social media.

Makes those doing it afraid fo getting caught or in an ideal world embarrassed by their actions and punished.

Next step is how you communicate with idiotic opinions like this and help them see how stupid it is.

Because Sheff Utd have only just been promoted and are at the foot of the table, easy to forget that Citehs winner was in 88th min. They too won 2-1 so they're no mugs defensively. Very good to come back with 2 late goals after going behind when the bus parking went on steroids.

It worked for Ange this time, and it won't every time. Subs were very late.

Love the re-connection of fans and players and management.

Where does it say it was Spurs fans?

Could be Sheff fans or some cunt that lost a bet.
Doc Rivers Basketball GIF

Refreshing after the total non use of subs from conte

I find it strange that more isn’t made about what a powerful tool being able to bring on 5 fresh sets of legs at any stage to influence a game

It’s not too far off considering it to be a first 16 done properly

If you have a well functioning disciplined system and a group of players where the drop of in quality is negligible, to me the advantage of utilising this option is considerable

Apart from the obvious…. Save on injuries… fatigue … fresh legs during the game and tactics….It allows a psychological aspect where players are less defined by a first 11

In times where games are won by fine margins it baffled me that conte just flogged 11 players moribund without any thought to what he could achieve with clever use of this option

Tl;dr

Ange is thinking about everything

Conte was thinking dier and hoj were good and never dreamed of subbing them off
Good post.
Of course it is also demoralising to be on the bench every game and not get any minutes.
Apart from CBs you would think that every one on the bench could expect or hope to get some minutes every game.

Just looking in greater detail at this fine photo in The Islington Guardian...

2944.jpg

The guy in the middle in the white with his back to the camera (between Deki and Bren) seems to have bent his arm laterally through 180º, I do hope he's OK

:ange-facepalm2:

Remember when Rashford and Saka got abuse from socials for penalty misses in the WC. Then the found that they weren’t uk based accounts and were most likely bot accounts from Russia and Saudi owned organisations?

You probably don’t remember that because it got no attention compared to the first reports.

If there has racist Spurs fans punish them. Don’t assume anything to start with though. That’s all.

"First half I thought we wanted to score too much, we thought we were going to score a lot of goals but we need to stay calm always and wait for the game to come to us." - Kulusevski

This summed up our composure in front of goal for me.

The players are like kids in a candy shop with all the chances they are creating, but need to not think about the end result and just play the game.

He's got what 'sounds' like a plausible excuse to people who don't know anything about football and he's running with it.

You know what's killing the game you twat - it's your anti-football, time wasting , make the fans waste their hard earned cash football.

What was the reason for your keeper taking off his gloves, throwing them 3 feet and then walking over to them, picking them up and putting them back on.

He really must think that everyone is stupid and we can't see exactly what the game was.
As Shearer said on MotD, if the opposition forwards start pressing the keeper you kick/throw it long.

You don't need to have to calculate the airspeed velocity of the ball in relation to the geometric position of the opposing players or anything, it's a decision you take in a couple of seconds.

As Shearer said on MotD, if the opposition forwards start pressing the keeper you kick/throw it long.

You don't need to have to calculate the airspeed velocity of the ball in relation to the geometric position of the opposing players or anything, it's a decision you take in a couple of seconds.
Yeah, you're not entitled to readjust your kick off every time the opposition changes their pressing structure. In fact that's the entire point of pressing the keeper.

He bloody well knows all that. He and everyone who watched the game knows he came with a plan to waste time and fake injuries. He's a shameless liar.

Back
Top Bottom