Sheff Utd (H) 16/09 - 3PM - ANGE BALL IS BACK BABY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Fuck Southgate terrorist ball, ANGEBALL IS BACK.

Back at the Lane with sexy football.

Vic
Porro - Romero - VdV - Udogie
Sarr
Biss - Maddison
Deki - Son - Solomon
It'd be good to see Johnson get some minutes. Probably a couple of weeks too early to see Bentancur back in the matchday squad.

UP THE FUCKING ANGE.

Has to be the same line up as the Burnley game in my opinion. Unless we decide to bring Richy back in against one of the worst teams in the league and put Son back out wide but I don't think Ange cares too much for sentiment.

Has to be the same line up as the Burnley game in my opinion. Unless we decide to bring Richy back in against one of the worst teams in the league and put Son back out wide but I don't think Ange cares too much for sentiment.
I'd expect we stick to Solomon, Son & Kulusevski to start with and depending on performances 2 of those 3 will come out for Richarlison & Brennan Johnson.

Injuries permitting - Stick with a winning Lineup - As much as i want Riche to succeed, there is no time for sentiment, he will get minutes from the bench and its up to him to impress enough during them to start the following game!

Very excited for this!!

Wouldn’t expect Richy to play he’s playing in Peru on Tuesday night/wed morning at 3 am! At high altitude! So he won’t be starting surely. Kulu hasn’t travelled too far and son stayed in the UK. Solomon has been training with Ange the whole time.

Romero in Bolivia is a concern.. they’ll likely play him. Maybe if he comes back a bit gassed (but hopefully fit) maybe we could give Phillips a chance? If he’s good enough for the bench he should be good enough to play.

I think apart from Sonny, start with the same line-up as Burnley (Internationals permitting, I imagine Son will be travelling on Wednesday/Thursday....)

To be honest, it's not sentiment to put Richie in the starting line up, it's RESEARCH!

If he can't hack it AT HOME, against Sheffield Utd, (no offence to Sheffield Utd!) then he has fuck all chance to do anything worthwhile a week later at the Emirates, or against Liverpool after that...

If anything, THIS IS the game to give him his opportunity... 'cos I wouldn't wanna risk taking a chance in the following two games!!

Whereas Son COULD realistically be rested for this one, even if it means Richie leading the line with a combination of Solomon, Maddison, Kulu or Johnson behind him for support!

I'm going old school meets practicality for this one..

Formation error: You have added more than 5 players in a row. Please amend your formation.

Oh FFS, How do you do a fucking formation on this thing?

Here's my team.... you get the gist, you work it out!
I can't be arsed!

Vicario

Porro - Romero -VdV - Udogie

Bissouma - Sarr

Kulu - Maddison - Solomon

Richie

Last edited:
I think apart from Sonny, start with the same line-up as Burnley (Internationals permitting, I imagine Son will be travelling on Wednesday/Thursday....)

To be honest, it's not sentiment to put Richie in the starting line up, it's RESEARCH!

If he can't hack it AT HOME, against Sheffield Utd, (no offence to Sheffield Utd!) then he has fuck all chance to do anything worthwhile a week later at the Emirates, or against Liverpool after that...

If anything, THIS IS the game to give him his opportunity... 'cos I wouldn't wanna risk taking a chance in the following two games!!

Whereas Son COULD realistically be rested for this one, even if it means Richie leading the line with a combination of Solomon, Maddison, Kulu or Johnson behind him for support!

Formation error: You have added more than 5 players in a row. Please amend your formation.

I can't be arsed!

Vicario

Bissouma - Sarr

Richie
Sons only travelling down from Newcastle?

I can't wait for Saturday. Not felt like this before a game for a long time!!
Yeah, I can't believe this will be my first match since Palace on 6 May, and that one was only because no one wanted my tickets. Before that it was Bournemouth on 15 April, which was the point where I lost it and vowed not to go until something changed.

I couldn't do Man U, so for me it's new season, new manager and what looks like a new team. Here we go!

COYS!

Very excited for this!!

Wouldn’t expect Richy to play he’s playing in Peru on Tuesday night/wed morning at 3 am! At high altitude! So he won’t be starting surely. Kulu hasn’t travelled too far and son stayed in the UK. Solomon has been training with Ange the whole time.

Romero in Bolivia is a concern.. they’ll likely play him. Maybe if he comes back a bit gassed (but hopefully fit) maybe we could give Phillips a chance? If he’s good enough for the bench he should be good enough to play.
Solomon played for Israel the other day.

I can't be arsed!

Vicario

Bissouma - Sarr

Richie
In no way should sonny be dropped for Richarlison.

In no way should sonny be dropped for Richarlison.
I know, I know, but if we're EVER gonna find out if Richie CAN hack it at the highest level, I'd rather we experiment for a half, or an hour against Sheff Utd (and still have the 2nd half to put it right)
...rather than risk him against the Arse or Liverpool and find ourselves 2-3 goals down with an impossible task for Sonny to he expected to clean up the mess!!

The last four years have given me the utter fear of these banana skin games we are expected to win. Hopefully Ange has installed a different mentality and we wont think we just have to turn up to win.
Hopefully no more games like (Wolves I think) a few years ago when they scored after 1 minute and defended and/or time-wasted for the next 89 mins and we couldn't break them down.

Back
Top Bottom