Sheff Utd (H) 16/09 - 3PM - ANGE BALL IS BACK BABY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I couldn't understand the balls on the pitch. What on earth was a Spurs fan doing disrupting us? It happened twice IIRC.
And then a ball went into the south stand, which I can see from the top of the east, and some one grabbed the ball and didn't throw it back. I grabbed my phone out and stuck it on zoom to try to catch whoever had it in case it happened again.
Not joking, if it did happen and and I had it on camera, I would happily have sent the footage to the club. Thankfully the person who held it probably did it to prevent it happening for a 3rd time. I also think he probably had 2 or 3 thousand fans ready to tear him limb from limb if it happened again costing us the chance.

The bloke that caught the 3rd ball was a few rows in front of me.. From the looks and comments hurled his way, he was under no illusion what may have happened to him had he lobbed it back..

:bentancurpoint:

Pretty sure it got taken home as a souvenir as well..

COYS

I think what happens when the ball went in the crowd behind the goal.. Obviously the ball boys are well on the case and have a spare ball ready sharpish on the corner. But, in the meantime the other ball boys behind the goal are beckoning for the ball to be thrown back to them as quick as possible ( I think this is more to stop losing balls than to have it ready to be honest). The person in the crowd panics and chucks it back.. As they are 10 or so rows back at a steep angle it goes flying over the ball boys head..

That is the excuse for the 1st incident anyway,, The 2nd one was just that who ever lobbed it back was a twat.

EDIT: No, it wasn't me..

:romerohold:

Last edited:
Finally got around to having a look at that Sheff U forum.

Fucking hell, talk about 'woe is me'. There are about 5 active threads still going and analysing how many excess seconds the ref played and why Maddison was being a meanie.

I noticed in a few vids that Skipp didn't celebrate much (abit like Dier)

Just the introvert and awkwardness in him? Or someone more?
probably a bit of both, he's not the most emotive guy and his situation is looking grim.

He's been usurped by both Sarr and PEH now. Once Bentancur comes back, he'll be 5th choice as the no6/8, and probably only see token minutes this season.

Finally got around to having a look at that Sheff U forum.

Fucking hell, talk about 'woe is me'. There are about 5 active threads still going and analysing how many excess seconds the ref played and why Maddison was being a meanie.
One of them used to like us and hate Woolwich, but now he hopes they stuff us next week.. Don't know what i'm going to do :ange-lol:

I agree it’s frustrating but if you try to see it from their perspective what else can they really do? If they tried to play against us like Burnley did, I’d expect a similar score line.
But surely try to play some football? If Brighton can do it. Not all teams play like Everton and SU. It’s just their managers are very limited and have no real vision or imagination. Everton were at home yday full house v a team they normally do well against. They had 21% of possession!

probably a bit of both, he's not the most emotive guy and his situation is looking grim.

He's been usurped by both Sarr and PEH now. Once Bentancur comes back, he'll be 5th choice as the no6/8, and probably only see token minutes this season.

If he sees himself as having a future here, he'll have to ride that rough patch out... So long as we bag European football again, things look very different next season... Much like they will if anyone gets injured before Benta returns.

Its weird how they don't just stop the clock when the ball is dead.

I genuinely think that they don't do it cos managers/players would complain about actually having to play 90 actual minutes.
Simple ideas and football administrators don’t go together. It’s like have a transfer window cut off before the season starts. Basically you play 4 games befire the window shuts. So you could play a team and have a right donkey up front. After the window you might a got messi and play other teams with him in your dude. It’s not really a level playing field.

regarding the Ref, considering the number of yellow cards issued which seems excessive considering it was not a dirty match, he was weak on the time wasting. As to the penalty claims, he can be excused for not giving them but that is what VAR is for and he was not told to review any. After failing to add enough time on in the first half he finally redeemed himself by adding 12 mins in the 2nd half and actually allowing 15 mins.
i understand why a struggling team plays those tactics but it is up to the ref to control it. Does anyone know if their GK did the gloves trick against Man City? If so the ref should be aware and certainly if he tries it again It should result in stronger action.

Back
Top Bottom