SAUDI ARABIA FC Vs North London Karting 23-04-23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should have left it there.

Better players can play in any system. This notion our squad can only play with 5 at the back is part of our problem, fans are buying into it as though it's inevitable. It isn't we just have a bunch of shit donkeys who can't handle being in a back 4 so we pander to them by playing a back 5.

It's not a worse defence because it's a back 4, it's a worse defence because these are fucking shit players who are awfully coached. That's a recipe for disaster in a back 4 or a 5 or a 6 or whatever system you play.
Exactly. Dier is 'better' in a back 5 because he can hide in there and point fingers and blame others while standing still. That doesnt make him suited to a 5. Just means his shitness is disguised a little bit.

We still have one of the worst defenses in the league with a back 5.

What's mind boggling is people continually excusing 5 at the back because we have fucking shit players. Every top club manages fine with 4 at the back, yet our fans now think we can only play with 5.

We need to focus on getting better players and better coaching and management not trying to fit shit players into a shit system.

It's not a choice between bad and worse except when you have shit footballers and crap coaching. That much should be obvious.
FFS can you not read, I'm not excusing them! Quite the opposite, I'm saying that they are simply not capable of playing a back 4, even less than they are of playing a back 5, certainly not right now anyway. I'm simply saying that we have to play whatever system best suits the abilities of our players. Of course we need to focus on getting better players, better coaching etc - what a great idea, well done rocket scientist - but until we have those things we have to make the best of what we have. Whilst we have these players and this coaching, it absolutely IS a choice between bad and worse when it comes to our defence, and if you don't agree with that then fuck only knows what you've been watching in our defensive third this season. What on earth makes you think these defenders would be good in a back 4? !!!

Last edited:
We had over 7 days to prepare for this gane since bmouth debacle. Looks like it wasn’t even one day.
I don’t get stellini at all with his tactics and firnatiin plus his unwilling ness to use the bench. Again tiday danj only comes in at 72 and rich not at all. Jasphet is prbly a better lb than perri but no perri has to start. In CM again he plays PEH and Sarr is the sacrifice for Sanchez. Why not play 4231?
Why do you type some words using all their letters? Bit time-consuming, isn't it?

You could have saved yourself a full 30 seconds, as follows:
w hd vr 7 dys t prpr fr ths gme snce bmth dbcl. Lks lke it wnt’vn 1 dy.
I dn’t gt stllni t ll wv tctcs n frmtn + unwllng ness t use t bnch. + tdy dnj nly cms n @ 72 +rch nt at ll. Jspht is prbly a btr lb thn prri bt no perri hs t strt. In CM gn he plys PEH + Sarr is scrfce fr Snchz. Why nt ply 4231?

Why do you type some words using all their letters? Bit time-consuming, isn't it?

You could have saved yourself a full 30 seconds, as follows:
w hd vr 7 dys t prpr fr ths gme snce bmth dbcl. Lks lke it wnt’vn 1 dy.
I dn’t gt stllni t ll wv tctcs n frmtn + unwllng ness t use t bnch. + tdy dnj nly cms n @ 72 +rch nt at ll. Jspht is prbly a btr lb thn prri bt no perri hs t strt. In CM gn he plys PEH + Sarr is scrfce fr Snchz. Why nt ply 4231?

I cnt rd tht u cnt!

I can’t help you to read. I have always been very transparent about what does and what doesn’t constitute good performance. I then fit the facts to those principles rather than reacting after every result.

Today hasn’t told us anything new. It’s a humiliating defeat and it feels bad. No one’s happy right now.
Oh give it a rest, you total tool. Always hiding behind your context, your balance, your stats, your evidence...you're just talking out your ass, you arrogant wally. Never met anyone so up their own arse.

After watching that utterly embarrassing shite, not being able to say it's 99% on ENIC & Levy, that makes you an uber clown. You want a fact, here's one.

Honestly, 'pal'...you ain't no Spurs fan so stop pretending cause it's really winding me up now. Get the heck away from OUR club. Go back to your PSG you absolute lemon.

We had over 7 days to prepare for this gane since bmouth debacle. Looks like it wasn’t even one day.
I don’t get stellini at all with his tactics and firnatiin plus his unwilling ness to use the bench. Again tiday danj only comes in at 72 and rich not at all. Jasphet is prbly a better lb than perri but no perri has to start. In CM again he plays PEH and Sarr is the sacrifice for Sanchez. Why not play 4231?

Agree but Danj was gash when he did come on putting very little effort in

Oh give it a rest, you total tool. Always hiding behind your context, your balance, your stats, your evidence...you're just talking out your ass, you arrogant wally. Never met anyone so up their own arse.

After watching that utterly embarrassing shite, not being able to say it's 99% on ENIC & Levy, that makes you an uber clown. You want a fact, here's one.

Honestly, 'pal'...you ain't no Spurs fan so stop pretending cause it's really winding me up now. Get the heck away from OUR club. Go back to your PSG you absolute lemon.
Maybe don’t quote me or @ me 3 times a day.

Fair fucks to Howe but I can't say many (if any) of their players would be on my shopping list for the summer.....
Because they are boring, average and shit. Poor man’s Leicester supported as the nations second favourite team. Today was Saturday league vs Sunday League with Hugo after a couple of bottles of Sauvignon under his belt but apparently the formation change was a minor variation…
Look at Newcastles result against Villa.

The squad is set up to play 5 at the back with very attacking wing-backs, and with better coaching, better effort / concentration by the players etc there is no reason we can't do that successfully. For those who said 'why noy play 442, how can our defense by any worse than it's been recently?', today provided the obvious answer. For those now saying 'we still need to play 442 but it will take time to get it right' - open your eyes, it would mean replacing pretty much all of our defenders, which whilst it might seem appealing tonight, is simply not practical. If we play 532 but with a more attacking manager than Conte (or his pet), we could be so much better than we've been this season.
Sick of hearing about this formation stuff -do professional players not know how to mark a player -apologies to Porro and Dyer -why are they at my club!

Should have left it there.

Better players can play in any system. This notion our squad can only play with 5 at the back is part of our problem, fans are buying into it as though it's inevitable. It isn't we just have a bunch of shit donkeys who can't handle being in a back 4 so we pander to them by playing a back 5.

It's not a worse defence because it's a back 4, it's a worse defence because these are fucking shit players who are awfully coached. That's a recipe for disaster in a back 4 or a 5 or a 6 or whatever system you play.

5-0 down in 20 minutes is a bigger "disaster" than any other performance this season........ Possibly than any Spurs game in modern memory.

It didn't take a genius to see that a switch to a back 4 was a dreadful idea.

If Son isn't even with the last defender or standing on the half-line, ready to counter as soon as we win possession, he is not being used properly. I certainly don't want him to waste his time defending in our third of the pitch.

I'm sorry, but Kulusevski is not a first-team winger at this level. He may be useful as a #10, or 'just-off-the-striker' á la Dele w/ Kane, or as an AM in a CM3.

I'm fine with Kane finding the game and being more involved.

Kulusevski has no pace and is so predictable -hopefully we will not take him on permanently.

Howe is English. If he was a foreign coach then all the hipsters would be jizzing themselves in to oblivion over this incredible coach who got Newcastle 3rd place and a cup final in a single season after being close to relegation under Bruce. Look at the hype De Zerbi gets for doing half the job.

He's just a bit unfashionable. The job he did at Bournemouth was also mostly exceptional, took them up from the brink of dropping out of the professional leagues all the way to the Prem and kept them there for years.
Who gives a toss about Howe -thought this was a Spurs forum.

Back
Top Bottom