SAUDI ARABIA FC Vs North London Karting 23-04-23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can we at least agree now that Conte wasn't the problem. He just had enough of looking at these cunts every day and wanted out.
Look at how Newcastle are playing with players like Burn and William and Brighton with Wellbeck. I suggest Conte wasn’t the only problem, but a big one. Got a reasonable array of talent and made us play god awful football which we’re still doing because the coaching set up hasn’t changed. I do blame him for treatment of players like Gil, Richi, Spence, Bissouma, for sticking with Son, Dier, Perisic, Lloris. For playing 343 which no leading team does. And for being a miserable cunt.

Saw the gooner neighbour (his mrs called him). Fucking pissing him self. Couldn't talk right cause of the tears.
Stood there like a mug ( bit like our defence).
Im normally a bit on the fence re ENIC, but fuck, just go. 20 years, some of the best managers and players in world football in that time. And we end up being embarrassed by the bar codes.
Many players dont deserve to wear the shirt, but the club bought them and the one constant being Enic.
Just go

Like you, I'm glad I didn't see a second of this. Still, what I don't understand is criticism of the line up - my niece and the Guardian write up moaned about the formation, but isn't it exactly what people wanted, four at the back?

Lots did..... Some didn't.

Saw that coming a mile off.

352 shoulda been tried and tested long before now....... Feels immaterial now tho.

Like you, I'm glad I didn't see a second of this. Still, what I don't understand is criticism of the line up - my niece and the Guardian write up moaned about the formation, but isn't it exactly what people wanted, four at the back?

Going back to a 4 long-term is a good idea. Switching to a 4 for a one off game against a very organised, tough team away from home right at the end of the season was suicide. We do not currently have the personnel for a 4. Dier can't play in a 4, Perisic & Porro basically play like wingers.

After a summer with a shit load of transfers and a whole pre season on a new formation, yes.

Saw the gooner neighbour (his mrs called him). Fucking pissing him self. Couldn't talk right cause of the tears.
Stood there like a mug ( bit like our defence).
Im normally a bit on the fence re ENIC, but fuck, just go. 20 years, some of the best managers and players in world football in that time. And we end up being embarrassed by the bar codes.
Many players dont deserve to wear the shirt, but the club bought them and the one constant being Enic.
Just go
What goes around comes around, my friend. He's standing on a very rickety pedestal - won't be there for long.

bulge bulging GIF

Well i'm kind of hoping it is the lowest we can get and the players will search their souls for some sort of pride,
Alexander Pope wrote

"You beat your pate, and fancy *wit* will come;
Knock as you please, there's nobody at home."
Substitute wit for soul and there you have it....

Our coaches love to destroy our players confidence don't they, some of the decisions this season has been at appalling.

Not dropping sonny in woeful form at start of season.

Richy not getting opportunities.
Then dropping Kulu instead of Son for Richy. To destroy kulu confidence.

Same with Bissouma.

Royal just kept getting picked in bad form too until fans turned on him.

Then get Porro in. start him without our usual back 3 with Tanganga coming in aswell (not to be seen again) all while Royal was in form. All while Conte issues. Porro and Danjuma couldn't have arrived at a worse time.

Sarr and Skipp playing well in Milan game due too PEH suspension only For Saar to be dropped and not seen again until today.

Hojbjerg can never be dropped even though I'm genuinely starting to believe he's the worst CM at the club.

Contes interview when we still had so much football to play for.

Danjuma not being given a chance.

The whole Sanchez situation.

Sarr today being hooked after club decided to switch to back 4 with no recognised LB and couldn't use Sanchez after other night.

Lloris coming straight back in the team when Forster was atleast a bit more sure of himself.

Diabolical management this season. That's just of the top of my head. Obviously the players are to blame aswell but shocking none the less

Last edited:
Going back to a 4 long-term is a good idea. Switching to a 4 for a one off game against a very organised, tough team away from home right at the end of the season was suicide. We do not currently have the personnel for a 4. Dier can't play in a 4, Perisic & Porro basically play like wingers.

After a summer with a shit load of transfers and a whole pre season on a new formation, yes.

Well that's not going to happen after the amount of new players who have recently been signed. Especially at the back, look how much we have spent on Porro, Romero, Udogie, what do we do with them? I don't think they can play in a back 4.

In a way this squad is most suited to a 5 at the back. That means the next manager will be one who prefers 4 at the back. That's the way Levy rolls, no fucking planning, no fucking continuity, no fucking clue

They will all be on the phones to their agents.

Will be a blood bath this Summer.

Long overdue.
Doubt it - The offers that come in for these players are not going to meet Levy’s valuations - and we all know what that means.

Our chairman is a smart cookie and for the good of the club, he drives the hardest of bargains.<sarcasm>.

If Son isn't even with the last defender or standing on the half-line, ready to counter as soon as we win possession, he is not being used properly. I certainly don't want him to waste his time defending in our third of the pitch.

I'm sorry, but Kulusevski is not a first-team winger at this level. He may be useful as a #10, or 'just-off-the-striker' á la Dele w/ Kane, or as an AM in a CM3.

I'm fine with Kane finding the game and being more involved.

Back
Top Bottom