Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Wouldn’t go that far but in an increasingly “football is a business” world filled with mercenary managers who genuinely couldn’t care less about the fans or their club (other than the paycheck), Poch seemed to have a genuine effection for us. Pair this with Poch having by far the most on field success of any Spurs manager in the Premier League era and why wouldn’t a lot of fans love him - particularly right now so soon after the end our abusive relationship with Conte.

Can’t see Conte or Jose having a bbq like this.

Plus there is the ever appealing unfinished business aspect which is a favorite of television and film dramas around the globe.

All the love dies of course if Poch signs up to lead Blue Scum.

He’s going to be continuously asked about us if he goes there, especially if it goes badly. Like I said yesterday, I’m not entirely sure he will. Both Enrique and Nagelsmann have pulled themselves out of the running, which should ring the alarm bells for Poch.

Read a rumour were seriously considering sevilla sporting director minchi as replacement for paratici.
I'd rather we got his mate, Monchi 😃

Monchi-El-Director-Deportivo-Sensacion_1.jpg

I'm really hoping all this merry-go-round culminates in us getting Gallardo. Come on Levy, get it the fuck done, already!

These sections are interesting.

“I am visualising what the next step in my career might be,” Gallardo tells The Athletic. “It has to relate to a feeling. You have to find the right connection, the place where you can transmit your ideas. I’m not the kind of person who will just join any old club because I want to coach in Europe. That’s not my way of operating.
“I need to find a place that makes me feel something. I need a sense of identification. If I don’t get that, I have no problem continuing with what I’m doing now.”

His man-management skills became the stuff of legend. There were no major scandals or crises within the dressing room during his eight years in charge — a remarkable achievement in itself given the amount of melodrama baked into Argentine football. Training was usually intense and although he never shied away from dropping big-name players, dissent was rare.

The sense was of a whole club pulling in the same direction.”

Seems like someone, under the right circumstances, would commit entirely to a whole club movement. And could make sure he has everyone on the same page with him.

These sections are interesting.

“I am visualising what the next step in my career might be,” Gallardo tells The Athletic. “It has to relate to a feeling. You have to find the right connection, the place where you can transmit your ideas. I’m not the kind of person who will just join any old club because I want to coach in Europe. That’s not my way of operating.
“I need to find a place that makes me feel something. I need a sense of identification. If I don’t get that, I have no problem continuing with what I’m doing now.”

His man-management skills became the stuff of legend. There were no major scandals or crises within the dressing room during his eight years in charge — a remarkable achievement in itself given the amount of melodrama baked into Argentine football. Training was usually intense and although he never shied away from dropping big-name players, dissent was rare.

The sense was of a whole club pulling in the same direction.”

Seems like someone, under the right circumstances, would commit entirely to a whole club movement. And could make sure he has everyone on the same page with him.
Very interesting, his record is very impressive , I am very confident that if we get him we can break him

About a dozen first team players unhappy and making trouble, club run by a maniac who knows nothing about football, financial penalties dictating who stays and who goes, who wouldn't want to to to Chelsea right now?

If we get Naglesmann I would rather him help choose the DoF, he will have an idea who can help us and who would importantly be able to support him.

There was quotes from german media saying he wanted to have a great relationship with the club and management of his next club.

It's a reach but I'm not convinced it's pure coincidence that our DOF resigns and the same day Nagelsmann is back on the table.

Especially if the sticking point at chavs was who the DOF would be, or even if there would be one.

Poch is known for not being bothered by the DOF he works with...

I'd rather Nagelsman then Poch tbh. But id be devastated if Poch goes to Chelsea. I get he has to work and if he's not our number one target then what can he do. But it would be a gut punch still

Nagelsmann to levy: who are statement signings that if i were to join
Levy: a genius, mercurial French midfielder, Argentina's best attacking midfielder of his generation, and a young, thrusting homegrown Englishman who has lit up such occasions as the Champions League final and is now the most talented player in Serie A. And a Go Kart in any colour you like as long as it's white.

26 days post Conte and our only manager news is that the coach most fans want is heading to our hated rivals.

Only 51 days left to break the Nuno record.

:levystare: < absolute tosser.

Back
Top Bottom