Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
I get the feeling some fans are more supporters of Poch than supporters of Spurs. Would people genuinely be that pissed off if Poch goes to the chavs and we get Nagelsmann? I’d personally be delighted. Matt Law more reporting from the Chelsea perspective - feel like he has no idea what’s going on at Spurs.

A different story if we end up with someone a little meh, of course.
We’re not getting Nagelsmann. He’ll wait for PSG/Madrid.

Yes, I would be annoyed if Poch gets to go and spearhead Chavs’ absurd project and moulds a winning team out of young, exciting players and we flop around with another ill fitting appointment.

I’d be ok if we genuinely gambled and tried someone like Kompany.

This is me spitballing. But I think that a big factor in why Levy isn't just bringing Poch back, is that he views it as an emotional decision. And he hates making those.

He won't bring Poch back "just to appease the fans" if he thinks that he can find another manager to make them happy that to him seems like a more logical move.

Poch won't be back under Daniel unless Daniel sees it as the logical appointment.

Nagelsmann seems like AVB but with a bit more about him.

He needs to grow up.
I really don't get the AVB comparisons mate, other than both being young when getting 1st job . AVB did fuck all had a season at Porto failed at his biggest job in Chelsea then us. Done nothing since.

Nagelsmann record has actually improved the clubs he been at. even at Bayern he did relatively well and could argue his sacking was unfair

Last edited:
This is me spitballing. But I think that a big factor in why Levy isn't just bringing Poch back, is that he views it as an emotional decision. And he hates making those.

He won't bring Poch back "just to appease the fans" if he thinks that he can find another manager to make them happy that to him seems like a more logical move.

Poch won't be back under Daniel unless Daniel sees it as the logical appointment.

Genuinely think that if Poch made a football club called Mauricio FC people would stop supporting Spurs and support them instead

He'll do things with fan-pleasing as their aim (binning Graham for Hoddle, bringing Bale back on loan), but I think this is exactly right, he doesn't see the angle with Poch, and he sees it as admitting defeat which he hates more than anything.

He also never felt comfortable working with Poch, I think that plays a factor here too.

I don’t know - Hiring Poch back was logical decision post Jose but is an emotional decision now?

I really don't get the AVB comparisons mate, other than both being young when getting 1st job . AVB did fuck all had a season at Porto failed at his biggest job in Chelsea then us. Done nothing since.

Nagelsmann record has actually improved the clubs he been at. even at Bayern he did relatively well and could argue was unfair
Very young guy, didn't really have a playing career, enormously impressed with themselves and their tactical ability, short tenures everywhere, a reputation for being troublesome to work with, I think there's a ton to that comparison tbh.

Are you thinking Potter?

Who else is there with established PL experience? Potter, Rodgers or Poch.

It’s not going to be de Zerbi.
I just don’t see why it needs to be someone with prior EPL experience.

Plenty of managers have come into the league and been (relatively) successful without prior experience. I’m not sure I want an unsuccessful retread on the basis of experience.

I just don’t see why it needs to be someone with prior EPL experience.

Plenty of managers have come into the league and been (relatively) successful without prior experience. I’m not sure I want an unsuccessful retread on the basis of experience.
Under normal circumstances I would agree.

But we’re in an absolute dog’s mess at the moment. The squad needs a huge overhaul, we have no DoF and our talisman is likely off at some point in the next 12 months.

Not sure this is the perfect environment for a Dutch greenhorn to tip his toe into the PL.

Of course, I’m sure there’s an argument to be had that it’s the perfect time to make a brave decision. But that’s hardly an adjective that you would apply to most of our moves.

I can see Levy playing it very safe.

Very young guy, didn't really have a playing career, enormously impressed with themselves and their tactical ability, short tenures everywhere, a reputation for being troublesome to work with, I think there's a ton to that comparison tbh.
Nagelsmann tenures were short because he did well and went to better clubs Hoffenheim 3years then liepzig for 2 then Bayern.

Avb spent a year at Porto then got sacked at Chelsea then sacked by us.

I suppose the being troublesome at work thing depends on who you ask Kimmich ,Gnabry and others speak highly of him. Was because of the Neuer issue that this started to get spoken about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom