Tottenham Hotspur Karting FC vs AC Milan 08/03/2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also: fucking Milan fans all over the Paxton upper last night. Openly celebrating and singing Milan songs. Openly goading the person telling him he might want to be a bit more subtle. I know I wouldn't give a shit about this had we won but a little bit of me wishes someone a little less tolerant was sat nearby.
I can understand you very well!

Lose We Lost GIF

In block 111 (North Lower) too. They were properly out for trouble as well.
OT: Great that these fans were allowed to be in London!
The Eintracht Frankfurt game against SSC Napoli should take place without our fans.
The Italian Minister of the Interior (probably coming from Naples himself) wants to decree that SSC Naples may not sell any tickets to fans of Eintracht Frankfurt, not even from the official guest ticket area. The fans of ours should be forbidden to come to the city.
Some court will probably decide in weeks or months - as against Marseille - that this is not legal.
But then it's too late again.
UEFA wants to wait until the order is official, saying nothing can be done.

Whether it affects us or other fans who - who have already paid for flights and tickets - are affected.
This should be dealt with rigorously.
Suspension for the club, game on a neutral pitch with or without spectators, game with the opponent - in this case again in Frankfurt - or exclusion from the competition.

I'm sorry, you've probably all been informed by now, but I wanted to get this out of the way again.

He's deluded as fuck if he thinks he is in good form

We may have won two games with him in the side but he's been pretty garbage in both and was flaming useless at Sheff Utd

Buckle down and focus on paying back some of that 60 mil (lol) fee instead of giving it the woe is me bollox
Absolutely this, he needs to do the business before he mouths off, if he thinks he should be playing instead of Son and Kulu (who have been poor) then he needs to be better.

Also: fucking Milan fans all over the Paxton upper last night. Openly celebrating and singing Milan songs. Openly goading the person telling him he might want to be a bit more subtle. I know I wouldn't give a shit about this had we won but a little bit of me wishes someone a little less tolerant was sat nearby.
Well I was a bit less tolerant and gave them plenty of verbal abuse.

They'll be comfortably 2-0 by the half hour I reckon, best we'll do is pull 1 back at some point in the second half and then lots of huffing and puffing to no avail followed by the lads all patting themselves on the back and tugging each other off post game because we tried and then "we go again".
Cashed out on 90 just before the Kane header

I have painfully deep dived the game for ratings purposes and noted 2 penalty shouts. One hand ball which hit an outstretched arm in their box and a contact challenge on Sanchez ( the useless sub according to some ). Sanchez was caught but not deemed with enough force!!

It was suggested by the Spurs commentator that Sanchez may have been brought on to get Porro further up the pitch, which
makes sense plus Sanchez had a pen shout straight away so maybe not as dumb a sub as suggested. !!

I counted 26 attacks by us, some leading to failed attempts on goal but most delivered badly into the box. I counted only those in and around their box that were threatening if executed properly . Only Hojbjerg and Kane had decent attempts.

As Kane implied and has been said....our quality in attack was poor. But the opportunities were created in the danger area.

Romero got away with a potential second yellow before his sending off when he put his hand in a Milan players face and kind of dragged it down.
That was Romeros 3rd sending off under Conte.

Richarlison did very little in his brief appearance but did manage an assault on their keeper he was lucky to get away with.

Watched with boy. Broken hearted. Not so much with the result, as the limp dick display. I hate having a go at anything Spurs (Feels dirty somehow), but Conte should now be gone. Something wrong in the dressing room (probably the keep picking out of form players).
I have no problem with a defence first system , but it aint us.
I would thank Conte for his efforts ( end of last season was great), but his non commitment has, imo, undermined us all season. Also , persisting with Son, who has become shit sacred of physical contact since the broken eye socket, showed a side of Conte I dont like. Im all for loyalty to a player, but if it diminishes the whole, then its a bad call.
Players are hiding or over thinking, making everything laboured. That is on the guvnor.
My love for this club is being seriously tested.

It wasn't just love for this club, I actually believed we would reach the quarter-finals.
It's hard to understand that we didn't make it.

Forgive me for repeating something from the German "DAZN" comment.
There, one of the two commentators said that he had the impression that A. Conte could perhaps train too much on predetermined passes and runs, that he could "overtrain" the team and "obscure" the ability to see alternative solutions.
I don't attend any training, so I can't assess it.

However, I also occasionally have the feeling that our team is not playing freely, but somehow like a company in the planned economy?!

It will be tough enough to defend our fourth place in the league so focus on Saturday's game against Nottingham.

COYS!
Exactly this.

I distinctly remember people in here complaining there were no patterns of play under Nuno and Jose.

We have gone to the other extreme now. Everything is so structured, rigid that the players are basically robots. There's no creativity, improvisation, flair, variation. It's literally rinse and repeat.

Classic example is when we have a set piece everyone goes up, the ball got cleared and Emerson who was last man back went to retrieve it. Instead of getting it back forward again, he held on to it and waited for all our players to back into their positions. At the same time Milan just got into their shape and made it impossible for us to get through them again.

It's so frustrating, it's happened all season. If you decide to watch the forest game then make a note of this when it happens.
Players seems to be under instruction that we have to reset and start from the back everytime we win possession back. This is part of the reason why it's turgid. No one seems to be allowed to play a first time ball forward. Whether they are capable of doing so is a different question. The fact of the matter is that we don't even attempt to play that type of forward, quick pass.

Back
Top Bottom