Tottenham Hotspur Karting FC vs AC Milan 08/03/2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately, I can't get a divorce, my marriage is for life.
We'll go our separate ways for a short while, but then they'll start to wheedle their way back into my life.
And on it goes, death will be the only escape...I think.
I WAS actually taking about Spurs... not my ACTUAL marriage! (Which is lovely btw..... BLATANT!)

Just feeling sad this morning. I wasn't planning on attending any more matches this season, but got carried away after the draw about playing my favourite Italian team, and was so excited at the time.
Never really felt that hyped yesterday following recent performances. I actually do think the players wanted it, but nothing flowed and that feels like a training and tactics issue.
Watching felt like a chore rather than a privilege. Admittedly not helped by miserable weather and transport but something needs to change before I'm back.

Quite early on in the first half I actually wanted them to score so we could let the shackles off and actually have a go.

I tried to get behind the team but they didn't really give us anything to get excited by. Was a pretty depressing night and to cap it off I missed the last train so had to get another ticket and had a 3 HR trek home this morning.

Won't be doing that again in a hurry!

The thing that blew my mind last night wasn't the slow build-up, or the Sanchez sub (maybe that it wasn't for Son) - but the fact that on a wet pitch in bad conditions our players weren't taking every opportunity possible to smash in a low shot on target.

Why the fuck were they playing for arial crosses in those conditions? Just use the conditions to force a keeper error or deflection.

Unfortunately, I can't get a divorce, my marriage is for life.
We'll go our separate ways for a short while, but then they'll start to wheedle their way back into my life.
And on it goes, death will be the only escape...I think.
What an explanation!
There is no better way to describe it!

Danke schön!

standing ovation applause GIF

It wasn't just love for this club, I actually believed we would reach the quarter-finals.
It's hard to understand that we didn't make it.

Forgive me for repeating something from the German "DAZN" comment.
There, one of the two commentators said that he had the impression that A. Conte could perhaps train too much on predetermined passes and runs, that he could "overtrain" the team and "obscure" the ability to see alternative solutions.
I don't attend any training, so I can't assess it.

However, I also occasionally have the feeling that our team is not playing freely, but somehow like a company in the planned economy?!

It will be tough enough to defend our fourth place in the league so focus on Saturday's game against Nottingham.

COYS!

Also: fucking Milan fans all over the Paxton upper last night. Openly celebrating and singing Milan songs. Openly goading the person telling him he might want to be a bit more subtle. I know I wouldn't give a shit about this had we won but a little bit of me wishes someone a little less tolerant was sat nearby.

The thing that blew my mind last night wasn't the slow build-up, or the Sanchez sub (maybe that it wasn't for Son) - but the fact that on a wet pitch in bad conditions our players weren't taking every opportunity possible to smash in a low shot on target.

Why the fuck were they playing for arial crosses in those conditions? Just use the conditions to force a keeper error or deflection.
My dear boy, that's just not Conteball, now is it?

Also: fucking Milan fans all over the Paxton upper last night. Openly celebrating and singing Milan songs. Openly goading the person telling him he might want to be a bit more subtle. I know I wouldn't give a shit about this had we won but a little bit of me wishes someone a little less tolerant was sat nearby.

In block 111 (North Lower) too. They were properly out for trouble as well.

Back
Top Bottom