Leicester City vs Spurs - Saturday 11th Feb, 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No I haven't woken up to that non fact.
These players only perform when they fancy it, we've seen it time and time again where we follow an excellent performance with a non performance.
Even Stellini questioned our efforts yesterday.
It's obvious we have a mentality issue at the club.
We have maybe a handful of born winners who drag the rest to top 4 every year, the rest are losers who wouldn't look out of place at a championship club.
Don't you ever grow sick of Spursy?
Give it time you'll be as disenchanted with this club as I've grown.
The losers mentality all stems from one man and trickles down through the entire club that he has laid out in his image.

These players only perform when they fancy it, we've seen it time and time again where we follow an excellent performance with a non performance.
We have maybe a handful of born winners who drag the rest to top 4 every year, the rest are losers who wouldn't look out of place at a championship club.
The losers mentality all stems from one man and trickles down through the entire club that he has laid out in his image.
I picked up from Stellini the mentality issue was a dropping of heads due to falling behind. Not so much a permanent thing or ingrained.

So why did we let a genius right back go on loan to Rennes, spend the whole window chasing another one when what we needed was a new centre half ???
I don't believe that we didn't try and get a CH in January, i just don't think the one or two targets that Paratici had were available.

The Summer transfer window will prove this to us this i think.

Although I agree with your post, wouldn't you rather have been wrong than right?
When I have doubts about players/managers/games, I really hope that I'm wrong and would rather that than saying 'I told you so'.
I had got to the stage that as long as we won, I'd put up with turgid play, but I can't cope with horrible football and losing so badly.
I'm all for Stellini taking over, he's got a 100% record after all. ;)

When poch came to the club (and i am NOT advocating he returns) the team turned the corner after Harry's late winner at Villa. Up until that game we were poor, but tried to play football.

The rest as they say is history.

Under Conte i don't know what road we are on, let alone Conte getting the team to turn the corner.

He now has seven of his signings, and two on loan (Gil and Udogie) that baring a keeper is almost a full starting eleven.

Turning over managers brings with it the possibility that any new manager doesn't want half of these, or his tactics mean half of them can't play a new managers preferred position and tactics.

In other words rinse and repeat.

I admire what Marinakis and Cooper have done at Forest in supporting their manager through tough times, but even their football has improved.

I believe that we do have a talented squad, but we almost never get the right manager, one with vision and long term plan.

Conte was never going to be another Poch, Jose was never going to plan for the next five years, and even before his Newcastle appointment i thought Howe would have been a good bet, and despite a bumpy start think that Potter would have been a good fit.

Levy has tried both ends of the spectrum when appointing a manager, but he has failed, and therein lies the real problem.

I don't believe that we didn't try and get a CH in January, i just don't think the one or two targets that Paratici had were available.

The Summer transfer window will prove this to us this i think.
Agreed but we should have signed one last summer. Sometimes I think that we are wearing blinkers and not seeing what is around us. Several good centre halves have been signed recently but we are only looking at ones who have plated for Conte before

I can't wait until you pack it all in and support someone else.

what a whining loser.

Levy has tried both ends of the spectrum when appointing a manager, but he has failed, and therein lies the real problem.
He had a project manager that he didn't buy any players for over three successive windows, stalling not only the project but compounding where we are now. After that he signed two chequebook managers without getting the chequebook out. Therein lies the real problem.

He had a project manager that he didn't buy any players for over three successive windows, stalling not only the project but compounding where we are now. After that he signed two chequebook managers without getting the chequebook out. Therein lies the real problem.
But really the problem is other clubs being owned by countries with unlimited finance.
I may be old fashioned but is a right back worth 40m ?
I am really glad that we have some sort of perspective on what we are willing to pay for someone. What everyone forgets is that after freedom of contract, it was presumed that players would honour their contracts and therefore transfer fees would only rarely apply. Then each summer the players who had finished their time would either decide to re-sign or choose another club, but be able to demand better wages, as they had turned up for free ! None of this has happened because greedy clubs with ridiculous money have been willing to pay buy out clauses. I am glad that I am not a Chelski fan, as I would begin to want to leave.
Maybe this summer we will be in a position to offer Champions League and decent wages to some who are out of contract. After yesterday's performance, we need 3 centre halves !!

this club has been mentality weak most of the time i have supported them (1969)
used to be win at home fall apart away, had a few seasons when it seemed to change and we appeared mentality stronger but no we drop back
rememeber in the Leicester season how Kane gat it the big-um how we would chase Leicester down and what happened we fell to bits
the next season Poch should have got in coaches to work on the players mentality

But really the problem is other clubs being owned by countries with unlimited finance.
I may be old fashioned but is a right back worth 40m ?
I am really glad that we have some sort of perspective on what we are willing to pay for someone. What everyone forgets is that after freedom of contract, it was presumed that players would honour their contracts and therefore transfer fees would only rarely apply. Then each summer the players who had finished their time would either decide to re-sign or choose another club, but be able to demand better wages, as they had turned up for free ! None of this has happened because greedy clubs with ridiculous money have been willing to pay buy out clauses. I am glad that I am not a Chelski fan, as I would begin to want to leave.
Maybe this summer we will be in a position to offer Champions League and decent wages to some who are out of contract. After yesterday's performance, we need 3 centre halves !!
It's not always about money, it's scouting.

Yes, Chelsea have stupid money, but Enzo Fernandez didn't move to Benfica for £105m. Mykhailo Mudryk din't cost Shakhtar Donetsk £88m.

And Pedro Porro didn't cost Sporting £47m.

Just a few examples, but with the right scouting we can try to attract these players BEFORE they get big moves. It doesn't always work, of course, and I think with Sarr and Gil (and Destiny) we are trying to dabble in a little bit of this.

Yes, Chelsea have stupid money, but Enzo Fernandez didn't move to Benfica for £105m. Mykhailo Mudryk din't cost Shakhtar Donetsk £88m.

Just a few examples, but with the right scouting we can try to attract these players BEFORE they get big moves. It doesn't always work, of course, and I think with Sarr and Gil (and Destiny) we are trying to dabble in a little bit of this.
Fair point but devil's advocate says our club isn't structured or skilled in developing players.

The pressures of competing for top four aren't so good for youngsters trying to find their feet, making mistakes that could be very costly.

For the most part it works when you get a special once in a generation player like Bale, Saka, Kane but 80% of time they're duds.

Oh I agree. At least we now buy players that might get into the team not just bench sit. And do not forget that we could have signed Grealish for 25m and Toney for 10m.
And how we stayed with Marshall in charge of recruitment for so long is disgraceful.
However, we are going to have to spend heavily this summer if we want to stay in top 4 contention. Both Liverpool and Chelski will improve. Thank God they are letting 6 into the Champions League after that !

Fair point but devil's advocate says our club isn't structured or skilled in developing players.

The pressures of competing for top four aren't so good for youngsters trying to find their feet, making mistakes that could be very costly.

For the most part it works when you get a special once in a generation player like Bale, Saka, Kane but 80% of time they're duds.
I don't disagree.

Perhaps it's the wrong management team then. Brighton are selling their best players and seem to go from strength to strength, replacing them for decent fees.

Spurs.

At least when I get knocked out by women I’m no longer aware of anything and I get a massive boner during the process.

Spurs just gives me heart issues. My heart rate reached 162 bpm during the game yesterday. My phone/watch warned me

:contefacepalm:

Was that during the battle of the Celts?

Happy World Cup GIF by World Rugby

Back
Top Bottom