Leicester City vs Spurs - Saturday 11th Feb, 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After we beat Brighton 0-1 I wrote this and got 17 dislikes and thoroughly criticised…

‘I must admit I have virtually given up on Spurs for yet another season. Did I say season? No what I mean is for yet another ‘manager’. WE ARE SHIT. I have can’t remember the last time we were playing such abysmal football. And please don’t give me any cunting shit about league position, defensive quality or any other fucking excuses. We will be stuffed by any team with a decent midfield because all we play is defensive turgid shit. And Conte won’t change because he is an arrogant wig wearing cunt’

Looks like there is a few of you who might now be inclined to agree?
This is the same football that Jose gave us, and Nuno. And ultimately got them both the sack.

After we beat Brighton 0-1 I wrote this and got 17 dislikes and thoroughly criticised…

‘I must admit I have virtually given up on Spurs for yet another season. Did I say season? No what I mean is for yet another ‘manager’. WE ARE SHIT. I have can’t remember the last time we were playing such abysmal football. And please don’t give me any cunting shit about league position, defensive quality or any other fucking excuses. We will be stuffed by any team with a decent midfield because all we play is defensive turgid shit. And Conte won’t change because he is an arrogant wig wearing cunt’

You were spot on mate. We won games early on play turgid football and everyone kept going on about winning while playing crap. I said well that is only for teams who usual play well most of the time and actually win things. Like manure under fergie. We are/were nowhere near that at beginning of season. The results would soon unravel with those performances. Also everyone said we were playing to conserve energy and go strong after WC. If anything we have got worse.

..... ....And Conte won’t change because he is an arrogant wig wearing cunt’

Nope, still disagree......

....it's a weave, not a wig!🫢

And today ??
giphy.gif

Fun while it lasted...

I agree, and if I didn't click agree back then I didn't see it but I would have.

It is genuinely like being in an abusive relationship. You keep getting slapped about by your partner and treated like shit but against your better judgement you keep going back for more. You know it is wrong but you can't stop yourself.

Only this time you are paying for the privilege.

It is genuinely like being in an abusive relationship. You keep getting slapped about by your partner and treated like shit but against your better judgement you keep going back for more. You know it is wrong but you can't stop yourself.

Only this time you are paying for the privilege.
As a couples therapist I can confirm this. You can't choose who you fall in love with, but you can stop putting them on a pedestal. I often think that If our expectations weren't so high we'd do better. Its the hope that kills you.

As a couples therapist I can confirm this. You can't choose who you fall in love with, but you can stop putting them on a pedestal. I often think that If our expectations weren't so high we'd do better. Its the hope that kills you.

ENIC and Levy raised our expectations by the solid support they did put in place, through luck or otherwise.

It's very much the football equivalent of cock teasing.

Although I agree with your post, wouldn't you rather have been wrong than right?
When I have doubts about players/managers/games, I really hope that I'm wrong and would rather that than saying 'I told you so'.
I had got to the stage that as long as we won, I'd put up with turgid play, but I can't cope with horrible football and losing so badly.
I'm all for Stellini taking over, he's got a 100% record after all. ;)

Matt1882 you're totally correct that Newcastle are dull as dishwasher to watch and we should not aspire towards their style of play....
However...if it is a case of would I rather be them or us right now then surely you would take the position they're in? They've more points than us and are a well coached & drilled side who know what they want to be. Yes they're boring but they are hard to beat.
What are we? I just don't get the direction we are in. Our system is ultra defensive and yet we concede by the buckets. It makes no sense. Someone mentioned we are 3rd for goals scored. Staggering, because those goals feel like they've dried up the past few months. I'd love to know where we rank for goals scored and conceded in the last 10 league games, for example.
I would take their future prospects. When they are maybe 3 years in they're gonna be good. But I think they're horrible right now and, being 4th from top instead of 4th from bottom is making just how horrible they are to watch.

No I haven't woken up to that non fact.
You don't think it's a fact that there's a mentality issue within this group of players?

To each their own and all that, but losing focus in crucial games/moments has defined us as a team over the last couple of decades.

It may be isolated to a handful of players, but crucially many of those have been here for five years or more. The management has changed hands many times and it remains.

17? About the same amount I got for suggesting Sanchez wouldn't be as good as Jan & Toby.

You don't think it's a fact that there's a mentality issue within this group of players?

To each their own and all that, but losing focus in crucial games/moments has defined us as a team over the last couple of decades.

It may be isolated to a handful of players, but crucially many of those have been here for five years or more. The management has changed hands many times and it remains.

I think it's a culture issue. Which is an organisational issue, like in all organisations.

We are outsiders. And even we can see Spurs isn't about winning.

Now, then imagine how insiders see things:
If an agent has 2 good players, of which one is a genuine gem with a discrete but clear winning streak, where as the other is a flattering talent, who though privately mostly care about leisurely pleasures and money (or just someone who is a brilliant athlete but not nearly robust enough for top level sports). From the outside, for buying clubs, they look much the same - well, if you where that agent which one were you going to push towards Real Madrid and which one towards Spurs?

Feel free to disagree, but I will raise you with a truckload of Paulinhos, Ekottos, Lo Celsos, N'Dombeles, Sanchez' and Sessegnons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom