Leicester City vs Spurs - Saturday 11th Feb, 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's a culture issue. Which is an organisational issue, like in all organisations.

We are outsiders. And even we can see Spurs isn't about winning.

Now, then imagine how insiders see things:
If an agent has 2 good players, of which one is a genuine gem with a discrete but clear winning streak, where as the other is a flattering talent, who though privately mostly care about leisurely pleasures and money (or just someone who is a brilliant athlete but not nearly robust enough for top level sports). From the outside, for buying clubs, they look much the same - well, if you where that agent which one were you going to push towards Real Madrid and which towards Spurs?

Feel free to disagree, but I will raise you with a truckload of Paulinhos, Ekottos, Lo Celsos, N'Dombeles, Sanchez' and Sessegnons.

I don't disagree. You can't keep getting transfer strategy wrong. But that's where you need a competent team that do their due dilligience.

I think it's a culture issue. Which is an organisational issue, like in all organisations.

We are outsiders. And even we can see Spurs isn't about winning.

Now, then imagine how insiders see things:
If an agent has 2 good players, of which one is a genuine gem with a discrete but clear winning streak, where as the other is a flattering talent, who though privately mostly care about leisurely pleasures and money (or just someone who is a brilliant athlete but not nearly robust enough for top level sports). From the outside, for buying clubs, they look much the same - well, if you where that agent which one were you going to push towards Real Madrid and which towards Spurs?

Feel free to disagree, but I will raise you with a truckload of Paulinhos, Ekottos, Lo Celsos, N'Dombeles, Sanchez' and Sessegnons.
Ekotto being shoved in a very wrong group. Wish we had him now instead of Perisic.

You'd think so. I'm surrounded by people better than me. It makes the business more successful and my life easier.

Why wouldn't anyone try to do that in life?

Let alone, why wouldn't an owner running a billion pound football business be?

Which leads me back to the team. The appearent issues of mentality are pretty much certain to have no little causal link to issues of organisational culture.

Although I agree with your post, wouldn't you rather have been wrong than right?
When I have doubts about players/managers/games, I really hope that I'm wrong and would rather that than saying 'I told you so'.
I had got to the stage that as long as we won, I'd put up with turgid play, but I can't cope with horrible football and losing so badly.
I'm all for Stellini taking over, he's got a 100% record after all. ;)
You are right of course. I would much rather have been proved wrong. I’m naturally an optimist so there has been a couple times like last week against City I thought i might have been wrong. I think we have got good players. There is a team in there somewhere. Just wish Conte would find it

Although I agree with your post, wouldn't you rather have been wrong than right?
When I have doubts about players/managers/games, I really hope that I'm wrong and would rather that than saying 'I told you so'.
I had got to the stage that as long as we won, I'd put up with turgid play, but I can't cope with horrible football and losing so badly.
I'm all for Stellini taking over, he's got a 100% record after all. ;)
And after the criticism I received at the time I feel like I was owed a ‘told you so’. Someone even called me a Gooner!

It is genuinely like being in an abusive relationship. You keep getting slapped about by your partner and treated like shit but against your better judgement you keep going back for more. You know it is wrong but you can't stop yourself.

Only this time you are paying for the privilege.

cretinousgoat cretinousgoat the woman who wrestle you or following Spurs. Who induces more pain?

Conte should not have been at the game. He was apparently suffering from pain. I have not watched the full game yet but have seen the goals which look to have been from errors or poor play as opposed to Leicester creating them. I will deep dive soon and my opinion might change.

Last edited:
After we beat Brighton 0-1 I wrote this and got 17 dislikes and thoroughly criticised…

‘I must admit I have virtually given up on Spurs for yet another season. Did I say season? No what I mean is for yet another ‘manager’. WE ARE SHIT. I have can’t remember the last time we were playing such abysmal football. And please don’t give me any cunting shit about league position, defensive quality or any other fucking excuses. We will be stuffed by any team with a decent midfield because all we play is defensive turgid shit. And Conte won’t change because he is an arrogant wig wearing cunt’

Looks like there is a few of you who might now be inclined to agree?

Well let's break it down why so many objected.
First of all the language used.
You had virtually given up on the season then changed that to manager. At that point and even now we can still get 4th. ( maybe post the told you so when we fail to get European football ).
At the time you said we are shit ( not very scientific ) , we very recently beat City so not always apparently and in touch with top 4.
I'm not sure what impact Contes hair has on his ability and again disrespectful language.
Let's see how many rude words we can fit into our posts to somehow try and force home a questionable opinion ?

Well let's break it down why so many objected.
First of all the language used.
You had virtually given up on the season then changed that to manager. At that point and even now we can still get 4th. ( maybe post the told you so when we fail to get European football ).
At the time you said we are shit ( not very scientific ) , we very recently beat City so not always apparently and in touch with top 4.
I'm not sure what impact Contes hair has on his ability and again disrespectful language.
Let's see how many rude words we can fit into our posts to somehow try and force home a questionable opinion ?
Ok I was drunk. So the language was inflame-try. So I apologise for that. But the sentiment about the way we have played football this year still stands

Just watched MOTD and that back four were abysmal especially dire Dier.
Also the goalkeeper was brutal! We need massive changes, last week we beat the best team in the country and today we couldn’t beat a team with no boots!

I turned off the match after we went 2-1 down, I could see it was a shit show.

I can't help but think if we had a three man midfield we'd win the ball further up the pitch and have less pressure on our defence , it's not like we don't have the players in midfield to do it.

It is genuinely like being in an abusive relationship. You keep getting slapped about by your partner and treated like shit but against your better judgement you keep going back for more. You know it is wrong but you can't stop yourself.

Only this time you are paying for the privilege.

We all have to pay sooner or later mate!

Ok I was drunk. So the language was inflame-try. So I apologise for that. But the sentiment about the way we have played football this year still stands
I'm sure the sentiment came from the right place. I was trying to give reasons why you got so many objections.

I mentioned European football to include top 5 or 6. Mainly because our transfer windows are not keeping pace for quality to our rivals plus our injuries.

Yes Levy is to blame but so are conte and patrici who basically look for the hear and now. They spent a shed load and not one player has walked into the first team other than peri and that is bcos sess is wank. Young players have been discarded or given no minutes. Unless it’s a shiny new £50M player conte like then he won’t play them! Even richarlison who I don’t rate conte hasn’t even played him when available.
This is why Levy is clueless. He hired Mourinho and Conti. Managers who buy ready made players for their systems, not untried youngsters or 3rd and 4th choices. Dont hire these managers if your not prepared to back them properly. Levy and enic are the problem.

I dont want Conti here, I didnt want Mourinho either.

Back
Top Bottom