Levy / €NIC. In or Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy / ENIC. In or Out

• Levy / ENIC. We want you to stay

• Levy / ENIC. Get out of our club

Results are only viewable after voting.

People will still say that we can't compete with Liverpool etc...

Over to Levy's office

0843190c-2b48-42ee-8fc8-3deceab9bbd4_text.gif

I struggle to see how United & PSG would be above ours - fair enough United have 14k more seats but average price per seat must be a fair bit lower and corporate must be lower as well? As for PSG there must be funny business going on there with some Qataris having boxes at extortionate rates to help get round financial rules?

Only one of those clubs has won one trophy in 23 years. When do we start increasing wages so we can buy top players that can win us trophies? That was always the argument that people when we crash out of cups to teams like Genk and Crystal Palace.

Not convinced that’s true. Pretty sure Barcelona and Madrid make a lot more than any other side.

But yes, we now make about £20m - £25m more per season than Liverpool. Only the last couple of seasons though after many years of being below them.
Barca and Madrid have very cheap tickets.

PSG is the weird one, although they do fill their stadium every single game and have a lot of games and other activities too. (Might also be their way of cooking the books a little)

Would be strange to include other revenue streams in a tweet about stadium revenue - not like the the tweet is using it to make a point other than to show how the stadium is performing.

The person quoting it originally on the other hand...
Do you want to add Competition Prize Money as well? Because we didn't perform badly there either. Sponsorship money? Liverpool don't have the best sponsorship deals in the World either...

There is absolutely no reason why we can't compete with the likes of them, Woolwich etc. in terms of spending. Meanwhile, we're being outspent by the likes of Villa etc.

Do you want to add Competition Prize Money as well? Because we didn't perform badly there either. Sponsorship money? Liverpool don't have the best sponsorship deals in the World either...

There is absolutely no reason why we can't compete with the likes of them, Woolwich etc. in terms of spending. Meanwhile, we're being outspent by the likes of Villa etc.

Overall revenue is what matters in the grand scheme of being able to compete (forgetting outside investment for the sake of argument) - i believe we are 4th now though that will flick up and down depending on European competition I'd imagine season by season and i agree we should be able to compete now we have that sort of clout.

In what sense are Villa outspending us btw?

Overall revenue is what matters in the grand scheme of being able to compete (forgetting outside investment for the sake of argument) - i believe we are 4th now though that will flick up and down depending on European competition I'd imagine season by season and i agree we should be able to compete now we have that sort of clout.

In what sense are Villa outspending us btw?
Aye, I can’t find any metric that has Villa outspending us. Over any recent period.

And it depends where you look to see match day revenues - this link has us third, below Barcelona and Madrid - The 10 clubs who make the most matchday revenue

Well we can’t if they win the champions league and we don’t qualify. If we (and Liverpool) miss out this year others will earn more on tv money, prize money etc etc.

Why are you just choosing one area to highlight?

And then why mention Villa? Their spendings isn’t all that?

I struggle to see how United & PSG would be above ours - fair enough United have 14k more seats but average price per seat must be a fair bit lower and corporate must be lower as well? As for PSG there must be funny business going on there with some Qataris having boxes at extortionate rates to help get round financial rules?
They must be. Yes, plenty will be paying to watch Mbappe et al. But I bet there's a row of £5m a ticket seats for family and special guests. A nice little way round FFP.

The latest figures, incorporating all revenue streams from 2022.

We are 9th, slightly ahead of Woolwich.
We are only ahead this year due to them not getting CL football.
They will go above us next season if they qualify.

Chelsea are in 8th, a fake pumped up club.

Liverpool, who you mention, are in 3rd place with revenue of £701m per year.

We have £523m per year.

At yet you expect us to spend like them despite having a deficit, compared to them, of £178m every

I would imagine we smash everyone out of the water with our catering income. I know of no other stadium that is anywhere near as packed, pre and post match, than ours. The beer and food sales are off the scale.

I would imagine we smash everyone out of the water with our catering income. I know of no other stadium that is anywhere near as packed, pre and post match, than ours. The beer and food sales are off the scale.
I’d suggest all those Korean Son fans that seem to upset so many, are also pumping cash across the counter at the club shop along with many more of us. Then going home and telling their mates about it and increasing our international footprint to eventually get us to the revenue figures of a club like Liverpool.

I’d suggest all those Korean Son fans that seem to upset so many, are also pumping cash across the counter at the club shop along with many more of us. Then going home and telling their mates about it and increasing our international footprint to eventually get us to the revenue figures of a club like Liverpool.
Yep, alot of our fans however would like to see us still with facilities and an infrastructure like you'd have in the 90s.

We're one of the most modern football clubs in the world which is clearly trying to improve it self.

Back
Top Bottom